News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

Platforms heading out to the lagoon to begin testing "very soon".
Like during Park Hours? Or at night and people "might" see something for the Boardwalk Bridge?

IDK how much water pressure/stress on the Fontains this would take but it would be nice if this was a real FON replacement. Constantly running with shows every so often until it's time to perpare for Harm. in the evening?

spresso81

Well 2020 just keeps getting worse! Let's park these stupid fountain things in the middle of the lagoon so we can.....block some view of the GotG box, block out AA???, hide Soaring from Norway... Really disappointing but Marni atleast dropped hints softening the blow.

How many years before we start clamoring for this to be taken down like the wand? 2...4...6???

Just bring back the late 1980s early 1990s Illuminations over this garbage

doctornick

If they are going to be parked in the lagoon all day, I do like that they plan to use them as fountains and add something to see. Did someone suggest they'd be used for some sort of show during the day (i.e. a music dancing fountain type thing)?

doctornick

In terms of the orientation of the units, it does seem like the optimal viewing of the show will be from 2 sides of the lagoon and not from the "sides". Will this be done in a way that would make the show good for a 360 degree audience?

Also, did they announce or hint for a start date?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they are going to be parked in the lagoon all day, I do like that they plan to use them as fountains and add something to see. Did someone suggest they'd be used for some sort of show during the day (i.e. a music dancing fountain type thing)?

Yes, 10 posts up. :)

Think Bellagio fountains, with some background music.

In terms of the orientation of the units, it does seem like the optimal viewing of the show will be from 2 sides of the lagoon and not from the "sides". Will this be done in a way that would make the show good for a 360 degree audience?

Also, did they announce or hint for a start date?

The big one seems will be fixed in orientation leading to good and bad spots (UK being one of the bad spots). But I think the other four will either rotate or point in different directions. I'm guessing they'll double what's on the main water screen a lot of the time.

No start date.

Magic Feather

Yes, 10 posts up. :)

The big one seems will be fixed in orientation leading to good and bad spots (UK being one of the bad spots). But I think the other four will either rotate or point in different directions. I'm guessing they'll double what's on the main water screen a lot of the time.

No start date.
The four fins will also be stationary and positioned in an "X" pattern so that every view will have ~2/8 panels visible

Rteetz

The Bellagio fountain is a pretty high bar to hit, as far as fountains go. Like, top 10 installations in the world high bar.

Its hardware also completely disappears from the Bellagio lagoon when it’s not running a show.
Sure, World of Color uses similar tech as well. This won't be an intricate day time show like that or anything but fountains will move some and have some music. That is of course if everything planned is still happening.

TTA94

So they are just moving One barge out the lagoon soon? Is that to be permanently installed before the others? Or just moved out for testing after hours then backstage during the day?

TTA94

Now I’m wondering if this new “WS fountain” debuts well before Harmonious does? Would moving fountains and music cause a social distancing issue during the day? 🤔

Magic Feather

So they are just moving One barge out the lagoon soon? Is that to be permanently installed before the others? Or just moved out for testing after hours then backstage during the day?
First barge being moved out should be one of the fins, and should be in the coming weeks. Get your empty lagoon photos while you can.

Also, EF is able to run with Harmonious Barges in places.

TTA94

First barge being moved out should be one of the fins, and should be in the coming weeks. Get your empty lagoon photos while you can.

Also, EF is able to run with Harmonious Barges in places.

So just one barge will be installed? That’s gonna look weird... why don’t they wait until they can all be put out there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom