News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Magic Feather

Including infrastructure I’d say still RoE.
Froma pure technology standpoint I would have to disagree, I would say that SEA's Fant! and Rivers of Light have the tech beat. That said, its replacement will be a strong contender.
Tokyo Disneyland's Celebrate!

Sadly, no. Celebrate! (while an amazing show) is just reusing the Dreams! tech from Paris with slightly better fountains and less pyro. I would barely call it more advanced than HEA.

aladdin2007

Remember when Walt Disney World and Epcot merchandise used to be like this?

Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom)
erm129188LARGE.jpg

erm202189LARGE.jpg

erm301388LARGE.jpg

Epcot

ecb205723SMALL.jpg

erm201023SMALL.jpg

Now it's all generic stuff since the Disney Parks branding.

agree, the merch right now stinks in the parks, except for in some of the resorts. As an example even the splash mountain store has been turned into generic toddler toys and snacks. not a thing Splash Mountain or Frontierland related in there. You cant buy anything that says the Magic Kingdom on it in that park, they did away with all of that for all this generic stuff, cheap hipster clothes, and too many locations are all toddler toys now. Its pretty bad.

trainplane3

agree, the merch right now stinks in the parks, except for in some of the resorts. As an example even the splash mountain store has been turned into generic toddler toys and snacks. not a thing Splash Mountain or Frontierland related in there. You cant buy anything that says the Magic Kingdom on it in that park, they did away with all of that for all this generic stuff, cheap hipster clothes, and too many locations are all toddler toys now. Its pretty bad.
My favorite thing is seeing Disneyland Space Mountain stuff in WDW. I've just kind of stopped looking at park merch now that the Epcot anniversary is over. Most of it is generic trash, personally. Though they've recently seem to be trying to turn that around.

aladdin2007

My favorite thing is seeing Disneyland Space Mountain stuff in WDW. I've just kind of stopped looking at park merch now that the Epcot anniversary is over. Most of it is generic trash, personally. Though they've recently seem to be trying to turn that around.

yeah also the disneyland toontown trolley pull back toys.

nj_to_wdw

I am very sad to hear about ROE being ended. I used FP+ specifically for good views of that show.

Also please bear with me, what does the abbreviation "IP" stand for. Several posts have spoken negatively about IP being in the new show. All I could think of was "Intellectual Property". If it's obvious, you can laugh. I can take it.

trainplane3

I am very sad to hear about ROE being ended. I used FP+ specifically for good views of that show.

Also please bear with me, what does the abbreviation "IP" stand for. Several posts have spoken negatively about IP being in the new show. All I could think of was "Intellectual Property". If it's obvious, you can laugh. I can take it.
You're correct. Typically, IP is frowned upon here since it usually means sticking in the latest Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar/Disney Animation Studio thing into the parks in the laziest way possible. That's why many fear what the RoE successor will be. If it's done right, it could work out nicely. If not, then...who knows.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

Maybe someone is able to answer this one: What are the chances that the new show emphasize the themes of celebrating "global community" and/or "human achievement"?

I'm retaining some hope that it'll contain an inspiring message, because: (a) Disney seems to recognize the value / emotional appeal of meaningful messages, since RoL and HEA both include some (to value animals and the natural world, and to work toward your dreams, respectively), plus (b) the PR talk about Epcot's transformation at least gives some lip service to "keep[ing] it true to the original vision," for whatever that's worth.

Disney theme parks are at their best, creating their most powerful experiences, when they convey ideas that are deeper than just "fun."

Am I naive to maintain this hope for the RoE replacement?

eddie104

Maybe someone is able to answer this one: What are the chances that the new show emphasize the themes of celebrating "global community" and/or "human achievement"?

I'm retaining some hope that it'll contain an inspiring message, because: (a) Disney seems to recognize the value / emotional appeal of meaningful messages, since RoL and HEA both include some (to value animals and the natural world, and to work toward your dreams, respectively), plus (b) the PR talk about Epcot's transformation at least gives some lip service to "keep[ing] it true to the original vision," for whatever that's worth.

Disney theme parks are at their best, creating their most powerful experiences, when they convey ideas that are deeper than just "fun."

No it is called being optimistic and I'm right there with you hoping they make the right decisions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We've been told that the subtitle of the new show is Windows of the World, and hints that it encompasses the four winds/corners of the compass. So, despite there being IP, it should still have a hope-filled message for world unity and the progress of humanity.

TwilightZone

We've been told that the subtitle of the new show is Windows of the World, and hints that it encompasses the four winds/corners of the compass. So, despite there being IP, it should still have a hope-filled message for world unity and the progress of humanity.
Or my speculation: literal windows on a possible globe prop. After all reflections of earth was partly literal as well. Why not this?

Last edited:

AJDMB05

I'm barely 40, married with two young boys, and my hair is dark brown (although the grey is starting to creep in). Yet I miss the old Epcot of my youth, the one that was so awe-inspiring that it inspired me to become interested in technology, which eventually became my career.

So no, not all of us are sitting on rocking chairs with white hair and no teeth. There are reasons many of us have a particular affinity for Epcot.
I'm 30 and her post is a hilarious mischaracterization of this part of the fanbase.

Marc Davis Fan

A giant compass? In the abstract, that doesn’t seem quite as compelling as a globe, but I’m sure it will be impressive... and perhaps a lot bigger and/or easier to see clearly.

And you can’t be saying there’s still a chance of no IP? Perhaps they will debut it without IP, and if it’s unsuccessful, they’ll add in the IP? That would actually be a really good strategy (they could have both variations prepared and tested).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A giant compass? In the abstract, that doesn’t seem quite as compelling as a globe, but I’m sure it will be impressive... and perhaps a lot bigger and/or easier to see clearly.

And you can’t be saying there’s still a chance of no IP? Perhaps they will debut it without IP, and if it’s unsuccessful, they’ll add in the IP? That would actually be a really good strategy (they could have both variations prepared and tested).

A giant compass that serves as a window to the world with projections seems to be where the clues are heading.

We've already been told that there will be IP, but still with a focus on the world, not about the IP itself as with HEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom