News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Vinnie Mac

Something about like exactly what you were referring to here:

Given that you've been on eight cruises (wow!), you know exactly what I mean. A direct comparison to a prior show that has been gone for years is quite unusual.
A direct comparison isn't unusual. The same poll also ask you how was your experienced viewing HarmonioUS in comparison to Epcot Forever. Let's pretend to follow the same argument. How long has Epcot Forever been gone? Hint: not very long.

Vinnie Mac

LOL at "you people".
Yeah, I laugh at you fools too. You complain about everything yet continue to go to the parks. Same people who will write a whole essay complaining about how Disney is doing this, Disney is doing that, "oh they're out pricing my family" as if the countdown for their next Disney trip AND the one after that isn't visible under the same comment.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I still haven't seen it in person but it really seems like that. Play all your party tricks in the first 3 minutes so if you leave at that point, you don't miss anything interesting aside from perimeters or the arms shooting fireworks. RoE had the inferno barge hook you, fountains soon after the opening, the moving globe with video, pavilions lighting up and then adding the popcorn(?) lighting, and lastly the ending with the globe opening and perimeter fireworks. Each part had it's moment to shine.

This show seems sloppy with the overall flow and obvious points where they can swap out music. It was built in sections and not as a single, full show. But hey some project manager got $$$ and proved they can make an technological tour-de-force, maintenance be damned, show.
I'm just gonna say as someone who was didn't care much for it after seeing it online but then saw it in person this week.

It translates much better in person and if you can manage a dead center viewing. Also, I was surrounded by other guest who clearly never saw it before and they were loving it. Lots of clapping and dancing along with the show.

Now enchantment? Still a hard No for me compared to Happily Ever After.

fgmnt

Of all the silly conspiracy theories that persist in the Disney fan community, this is among the silliest.

I think who you are quoting is exaggerating the reality: surveys like this can exist to confirm plans as much as they can be used to shape them, if not more.
To that point, I do not know what exactly drove this question being asked on a survey in this particular way. Are revenues at World Showcase at night not meeting expectations or is it really just an internal, subjective, and creative initiative?

RoysCabin

I think who you are quoting is exaggerating the reality: surveys like this can exist to confirm plans as much as they can be used to shape them, if not more.
To that point, I do not know what exactly drove this question being asked on a survey in this particular way. Are revenues at World Showcase at night not meeting expectations or is it really just an internal, subjective, and creative initiative?
I have to imagine the loss of a lot of live entertainment is doing a number on WS, but yeah, seems like a super blunt question for them to be asking, I remember taking a survey from them circa 2013 or something like that and there was absolutely nothing like that on it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Are revenues at World Showcase at night not meeting expectations or is it really just an internal, subjective, and creative initiative?
It's "both/and" not "either/or."

Financial and operational data can already tell them things like "TS F&B revenue is down X% versus 2019" or "Epcot has fallen from 40% share of park-hopping guests to 30%," and then they use guest surveys to tease out the why.

fgmnt

It's "both/and" not "either/or."

Financial and operational data can already tell them things like "TS F&B revenue is down X% versus 2019" or "Epcot has fallen from 40% share of park-hopping guests to 30%," and then they use guest surveys to tease out the why.
You’re bang-on here, especially with the park hopping metric. If guests are not going into Epcot at night at the same clip they were 3 years ago, that would be a big alarm for the company right now because… where else are they going?

Nottamus

Just my opinion

Tapestry Of Nations song has been a part of Epcot park forever. The part they played as ROE was over was great. It won new fans every night it played. Stayed in heads

NOT including it in Harmonious was a miss
BUT AT LEAST play it after the the show as your walking out instead of whatever what is playing now.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I laugh at you fools too. You complain about everything yet continue to go to the parks. Same people who will write a whole essay complaining about how Disney is doing this, Disney is doing that, "oh they're out pricing my family" as if the countdown for their next Disney trip AND the one after that isn't visible under the same comment.

We have someone famous here - the author of, "How to Make Friends and Influence People"!!

Do you honestly think anyone is going to engage you in a thoughtful manner when you blow into a thread like a bull in china shop and insult people?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Do we know the chain that links to that question? For example was their a preceding question that asked "Have you experienced past evening entertainment at EPCOT such as "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" Yes/No? AND is there one before this asking if the guest watched Harmonious on their most recent trip?

My thought is that maybe the option of the show is not really the question the question is trying to see who is seeing this show over past shows. As we have observed before Disney seems to put leading questions to get answers that they want. IF they want to show more people have seen this show than the past shows, the suites can argue that the show is doing its job keeping people in the park longer. They can then dismiss the negative reviews of the show and dedicated fanboys who are still crying about how they killed EPCOT. As a majority of people would have indicated that they had never even seen the last two shows.

If there was no lead in questions and it was just strait up compare this new show to the two past shows, that may indicate they have some concerns about the current show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom