News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Vinnie Mac

I saw that too. Tons of effort went into that and it came out great considering the limits of Roblox. The fact the arms move correctly is really neat.
It was insane. The theme park community on Roblox is one dedicated community. Haven't gotten that excited over a kid game in so long.

Vinnie Mac

So I decided to watch HarmonioUS while playing the Illuminations soundtrack. Was a little strange but oddly enough a couple of the parts matched somewhat well?

bcoachable

Alright so I know most people here probably don't even know what Roblox is, but I just wanted to share this with anyone who's interested. A group called "WED Imagineering" recreated HarmonioUS in the game Roblox. Gotta say, was pretty impressive.

I actually like this version of Harmonious.... Thanks for sharing

James Alucobond

Or, at least, a better show with better choices of music and a better finessing of the tools they have. Seemed like most of the show was "TURN EVERYTHING ON!!"
I'm honestly just not quite sure what they were thinking. The arms do exactly two impressive things. First, it's cool when they act as the nozzle of the magic lamp during Arabian Nights. Second, it's neat when they expel a rapid stream of fireworks after the narration in the finale. That's it, and it feels like similar effects could've been achieved differently. Otherwise, they just flail. I have to imagine that without the arms, they could've made everything much less bulky and navigated it through the drawbridge more easily.

trainplane3

Or, at least, a better show with better choices of music and a better finessing of the tools they have. Seemed like most of the show was "TURN EVERYTHING ON!!"
I still haven't seen it in person but it really seems like that. Play all your party tricks in the first 3 minutes so if you leave at that point, you don't miss anything interesting aside from perimeters or the arms shooting fireworks. RoE had the inferno barge hook you, fountains soon after the opening, the moving globe with video, pavilions lighting up and then adding the popcorn(?) lighting, and lastly the ending with the globe opening and perimeter fireworks. Each part had it's moment to shine.

This show seems sloppy with the overall flow and obvious points where they can swap out music. It was built in sections and not as a single, full show. But hey some project manager got $$$ and proved they can make an technological tour-de-force, maintenance be damned, show.

mergatroid

I'm honestly just not quite sure what they were thinking. The arms do exactly two impressive things. First, it's cool when they act as the nozzle of the magic lamp during Arabian Nights. Second, it's neat when they expel a rapid stream of fireworks after the narration in the finale. That's it, and it feels like similar effects could've been achieved differently. Otherwise, they just flail. I have to imagine that without the arms, they could've made everything much less bulky and navigated it through the drawbridge more easily.
I'm led to believe the arms had nothing to do with it not being brought out for the show and instead always there. It seems the addition of the screens meant the drawbridge would be up too long to get everything out, so they anchored everything instead.

Vinnie Mac

The fact that Disney is even asking the question, however, is clear evidence that they know they have a problem.
Since when has polling been evidence that there's a major problem...?

Hotels and restaurants have people fill out little reviews too to get a general consensus on the quality of their service and what to do better. Cruises do this too. Have been on 8 cruises and all 8 times the cruise line had you fill out a review sheet. Doesn't mean something is wrong, they just want feedback. Not only that, but Disney's fanbase is one of the worst theme park communities on the planet, Disney won't listen because nobody in this community is happy with anything meaning they'd get a better response from the GP who don't spend all of their time nitpicking every detail about a theme park. So yes, I do feel bad for you and anyone else who thinks this will lead to a ROE revival.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Since when has polling been evidence that there's a major problem...?

Hotels and restaurants have people fill out little reviews too to get a general consensus on the quality of their service and what to do better. Cruises do this too. Have been on 8 cruises and all 8 times the cruise line had you fill out a review sheet. Doesn't mean something is wrong, they just want feedback. Not only that, but Disney's fanbase is one of the worst theme park communities on the planet, Disney won't listen because nobody in this community is happy with anything meaning they'd get a better response from the GP who don't spend all of their time nitpicking every detail about a theme park. So yes, I do feel bad for you and anyone else who thinks this will lead to a ROE revival.

Nobody thinks it will lead to a ROE revival; the post you quoted even specifically said that and you chose to ignore it solely so you could set up your bizarre straw man.

It's not the same kind of survey you're referencing about general service quality. It's a very specific question that absolutely indicates that Disney wants to know if there is an issue with Harmonious' show quality. It has nothing to do with bringing ROE back, which isn't going to happen -- it's that they may need to overhaul Harmonious to make it better.

Vinnie Mac

It's not the same kind of survey you're referencing about general service quality. It's a very specific question that absolutely indicates that Disney wants to know if there is an issue with Harmonious' show quality. It has nothing to do with bringing ROE back, which isn't going to happen -- it's that they may need to overhaul Harmonious to make it better.
If I were Disney, I wouldn't even spend my money doing that. You people would whine about that too.

UNCgolf

If I were Disney, I wouldn't even spend my money doing that. You people would whine about that too.

LOL at "you people".

Have a hard time seeing beyond your own experience, I take it? Just because you like something doesn't mean it's objectively great and anyone who disagrees is being overly critical. Some of the people who have posted here about their dislike of Harmonious are not known for being super critical of Disney.

Also, I haven't even seen Harmonious, so I haven't whined about it. The infrastructure is terrible, of course.

danv3

What do you define as "normal polling"? Just curious. What would you expect them to ask in a "normal" poll if this isn't normal to you?

Something about like exactly what you were referring to here:

Hotels and restaurants have people fill out little reviews too to get a general consensus on the quality of their service and what to do better. Cruises do this too. Have been on 8 cruises and all 8 times the cruise line had you fill out a review sheet.

Given that you've been on eight cruises (wow!), you know exactly what I mean. A direct comparison to a prior show that has been gone for years is quite unusual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom