News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disone

So this is their response to the abysmal guest reaction? Double down on it and hope that a glossy D+ special no one will watch will convince people that it is "good"?
Nowhere near abysmal. Quite positive.
If you ask me I'd rather see a Celebrity Circus special than this....
lol:). That's all you. I'm kind of excited for the live performance. I do wonder they're going to boost the amount of fireworks for the live performance. If they do, I'm sure this group will be the first to call them out on it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Nowhere near abysmal. Quite positive
That is just flat out not true.

It has been widely shared by insiders that guest reaction to Harmonious as well as Enchantment was not good and management was very much alarmed by it considering the expense associated especially with Harmonious.

jrhwdw

What I don't understand is why a new Live Stream for D+? DPB has done a Stream of Harmonious the first night for the Public (HEA's Last Night No Less! Sad!!!!!!!!!!!)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What I don't understand is why a new Live Stream for D+? DPB has done a Stream of Harmonious the first night for the Public (HEA's Last Night No Less! Sad!!!!!!!!!!!)
This is a full production with musical performances etc. Harm is being recorded for it this week, so should be a lot better than the live stream from the Sep 2021 night.

Disone

That is just flat out not true.

It has been widely shared by insiders that guest reaction to Harmonious as well as Enchantment was not good and management was very much alarmed by it considering the expense associated especially with Harmonious.
Has it been though? Which insiders? What is the exact score? What was the score of illuminations? Speculation is not in sight.

There have been some who have said it is not performed as they had hoped, but that's not the same as saying it's abysmal. Abysmal? That's flat out not true.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has it been though? Which insiders? What is the exact score? What was the score of illuminations? Speculation is not in sight.

There have been some who have said it is not performed as they had hoped, but that's not the same as saying it's abysmal. Abysmal? That's flat out not true.
Disney is well aware of guest response to both the new shows - it has not been good. There are plans.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

I can’t go into details but it’s been quite a cluster from start to finish, with both versions of Forever causing even more problems (for them, not for fans of quality)

They can. But this show had a rocky road to this point. Alarm bells are now ringing over this and a few other things.

Now if this is an attempt to justify the creation of the show, justify changing it or an honest check to see how bad things actually are time will tell. But this is one item of several that the higher ups are wanting answers about.

Disone

Marni It's a great source, but I still don't read his articles and say that the ratings are abysmal. They might not be what Disney wants them to be, but abysmal they are not.

I am curious, have you been to the show? If you have not or even if you have, I challenge you to watch it and then listen to the crowd after it ends. Actively just listen to what people are saying about the show. I've been to it enough times. Now that I assure you, you're going to hear praise. You are going to hear positive comments. I have actively listened for negative comments. Occasionally I hear them, but every time I go I will absolutely hear positive comments. Aside from this personal experience, I also have another set of insights that allows me to know that the show is not abysmal.

Back on topic about the new live presentation, there's actually going to be a rehearsal on the 20th prior to the 21st. For both presentations that rehearsal and the live event, Disney has asked its cast members to come be in the audience. It filled up with cast volunteers in a matter of moments.

I know many on here Hate the show and want to present a narrative that it has completely flopped.

I'll make you a friendly bet that in a few years times, Harmonious will still be playing and will be able to look back at this disagreement of insights and see which was closer to the truth.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Marni It's a great source, but I still don't read his articles and say that the ratings are abysmal. They might not be what Disney wants them to be, but abysmal they are not.

I am curious, have you been to the show? If you have not or even if you have, I challenge you to watch it and then listen to the crowd after it ends. Actively just listen to what people are saying about the show. I've been to it enough times. Now that I assure you, you're going to hear praise. You are going to hear positive comments. I have actively listened for negative comments. Occasionally I hear them, but every time I go I will absolutely hear positive comments. Aside from this personal experience, I also have another set of insights that allows me to know that the show is not abysmal.

Back on topic about the new live presentation, there's actually going to be a rehearsal on the 20th prior to the 21st. For both presentations that rehearsal and the live event, Disney has asked its cast members to come be in the audience. It filled up with cast volunteers in a matter of moments.

I know many on here Hate the show and want to present a narrative that it has completely flopped.

I'll make you a friendly bet that in a few years times, Harmonious will still be playing and will be able to look back at this disagreement of insights and see which was closer to the truth.
I was there on the first show and I’ve seen it dozen of times since. It fills the time but it’s just not good. I’ve never heard boos at the end of ROE. They were there for H!

Harmonious as we know it now won’t exist in the medium term. Harmonious hardware will be with us for quite a while.

Disone

I was there on the first show and I’ve seen it dozen of times since. It fills the time but it’s just not good. I’ve never heard boos at the end of ROE. They were there for H!

Harmonious as we know it now won’t exist in the medium term. Harmonious hardware will be with us for quite a while.
I've never heard boos for harmonious, even on the first night. Find me a YouTube video that you hear boos at the end of the show. I'm also 100% Certainly, I've seen it more than you. Just leave at that. We're not going to agree and that's okay

Cmdr_Crimson

We should get an Epcot Tag........ Anything more than that would be very Interesting...........As I listen to I25 B as I type this No Less!
I still want the Stargate in the middle to display the pavilion icons with a musical interlude of each pavilions and be better than Epcot Forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom