News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Supreme Leader

Me and a few friends went to Epcot for the first time (amazing park) and the one thing we all agreed on was that the fountain barges we absolutely ugly. Also, from one angle they were incredibly off center that it actually bothered me. 😂

Poseidon Quest

Me and a few friends went to Epcot for the first time (amazing park) and the one thing we all agreed on was that the fountain barges we absolutely ugly. Also, from one angle they were incredibly off center that it actually bothered me. 😂

Out of curiosity, what were the highlights for you? I've grown cynical and the place has completely lost my interest, but I'm interested in an outsider perspective.

Supreme Leader

Out of curiosity, what were the highlights for you? I've grown cynical and the place has completely lost my interest, but I'm interested in an outsider perspective.
As a whole, I loved the park and its overall concept, and I was completely blown away by its vastness and variety. There weren't many rides but the rides that were there I found fun and very entertaining. I found it so worthwhile to spend a majority of the day there just exploring the different pavilions and to really take it all in. All the construction was kind of an eye sore, and those ugly barges were just plain awful and really did take away the views of the lake. Not sure who in Imagineering thought that was a good idea lol.

I couldn't get enough of Spaceship Earth. That was probably my favorite experience in the whole park. The ride and its meaning really encapsulated the entire theme and idea of Epcot. Or at least what I perceived the meaning of Epcot to be haha. One thing I think the park definitely needs is some in park transportation 😂 The amount of walking in that park alone killed my feet. 😂

Touchdown

As a whole, I loved the park and its overall concept, and I was completely blown away by its vastness and variety. There weren't many rides but the rides that were there I found fun and very entertaining. I found it so worthwhile to spend a majority of the day there just exploring the different pavilions and to really take it all in. All the construction was kind of an eye sore, and those ugly barges were just plain awful and really did take away the views of the lake. Not sure who in Imagineering thought that was a good idea lol.

I couldn't get enough of Spaceship Earth. That was probably my favorite experience in the whole park. The ride and its meaning really encapsulated the entire theme and idea of Epcot. Or at least what I perceived the meaning of Epcot to be haha. One thing I think the park definitely needs is some in park transportation 😂 The amount of walking in that park alone killed my feet. 😂
That’s because the true meaning of Epcot is:

Every
Person
Comes
Out
Tired

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

First time?

bcoachable

You mentioned you loved the park for it’s overall concept- Would you elaborate on what you felt the park’s “overall concept” reflected to you? (as a first timer in 2022)
I’m SUPER curious!!

HMF

Question about Harmonious postshow. What is the music loop played after the show? I am pretty sure it's not what I would like it to be, The old ToN soundtrack. I know TheZach snuck in a bit of the "Sage of Time" theme into the loop for the Creations Shop but it would be a shame to lose the Aayla chorus to the mists of time. Not that we haven't lost enough with this "Re-Imagining" of EPCOT.

Touchdown

Question about Harmonious postshow. What is the music loop played after the show? I am pretty sure it's not what I would like it to be, The old ToN soundtrack. I know TheZach snuck in a bit of the "Sage of Time" theme into the loop for the Creations Shop but it would be a shame to lose the Aayla chorus to the mists of time. Not that we haven't lost enough with this "Re-Imagining" of EPCOT.
Well first you have the remix of the show that composes the post show (Someday, Circle of Life, Arabian Nights, Friend Like Me, The Wold Es Mi Familia) then as a finale to the post show The Magic is Calling plays.

After that I believe it’s just the Epcot Forever post show loop plays (the first song is definitely this but seeing as it’s now 30 min after close, I don’t hear the second song as that loop does not play in World Celebration)

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
After that I believe it’s just the Epcot Forever post show loop plays (the first song is definitely this but seeing as it’s now 30 min after close, I don’t hear the second song as that loop does not play in World Celebration)
It is the EPCOT Forever post show. Kills me every time...

God they need to bring that show back. Replace Whole New World with the finale of Illuminations, put the pavilion logos on the barges, and incorporate other pieces to the show.

Disone

Its been a hot minute or two since I have last seen Harmonious. The last time was back in December. Side note.... the Beacons of Magic.... did they forget about them? DAK closes at 8 so no go there. And Spaceship earth, but the time it is dark enough to see it, if they even do it still, its 9pm and time for Harmonious. While SE does light up, it does NOT seem to do the show, even at park exit after Harmonious, which I assume is for crowd control reasons. But either way, these summer time closing times are killing off half of the one of the biggest marketing points of the 50th, the "beacons of magic". Lower case intentional now.

Anyway, back to Harmonious, after months of not seeing it, I made time this weekend to see it.... twice. First time was kind of a train wreck. The four arms on the star gate barge were staged in the upright position prior to show time and did not move once. Not a single laser was presented during the entire show. NOT ONE.

While not the original plan, especially after that version of the show, I ended there again the very next night. I was please to see the arms folded and tucked away prior to the show and OMG.... this second performance was technically perfect. EVERY SINGLE THING WORKED!!! Not even a blip on any of the barge screens (at lease from my view point).

I also feel the finale has had some fireworks added, nothing too much but just a enough to give it more punch. Previously I felt several moments prior to the finale had more fire power, but now I think it more of a better match. Probably all in my head but just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

I did notice, especially during my second viewing of the show this past weekend, the crowd broke out in applause DURING the finale, and of course erupted after the final volley. This is something that use to happen when Reflections of Earth was new, Applause starting during few seconds build up to he final volley of fireworks.

I don't like the barges on the lake, but I do love the show and its okay to do both. You can love the show, and hate its staging. Just based on crowd reactions, and active listening after the show ends to comments, I think Harmonious isn't just doing better then Enchantment, I suspect it is doing well. It may not be getting much love on here, but in person, the crowd response is enthusiastically favorable.

jrhwdw

I do worry about Showings of SSE's Beacons Of Magic as we get closer to July 4th with Park Close/Harm still at 9PM....... I thought GOTG would have helped that but guess not......

Any word yet on if People should even bother with Epcot on July 4th?????????

Vinnie Mac

I also feel the finale has had some fireworks added, nothing too much but just a enough to give it more punch. Previously I felt several moments prior to the finale had more fire power, but now I think it more of a better match. Probably all in my head but just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

I'm not sure how much has changed this year but I am 100% sure that the finale has more firepower now than it did in October 2021.

I did notice, especially during my second viewing of the show this past weekend, the crowd broke out in applause DURING the finale, and of course erupted after the final volley. This is something that use to happen when Reflections of Earth was new, Applause starting during few seconds build up to he final volley of fireworks.
I feel like crowd reactions help improve the energy of the show. I remember when I went to see it in October last year, the crowd was very energetic (admittedly I was too). Part of the fun of the finale is how the crowd reacts to all of the perimeters being shot off. When the crowd is energetic and the show is working perfectly, it's truly a special experience. My first impression of it in person is a large part of why I love Harmonious.

I think Harmonious isn't just doing better then Enchantment, I suspect it is doing well. It may not be getting much love on here, but in person, the crowd response is enthusiastically favorable.
I feel like that's been the case since October. The Disney community is very divided on Harmonious but I'm pretty sure the general consensus among the general public is that the show is pretty amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom