News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disone

If the show is boring, I don't hang around to the end to annoy the people next to me by booing, I just leave and go make use of the shorter queues elsewhere. I have a hunch I'm not that rare a breed in this.

Or are you suggesting you also count the number of people walking away early too?
I have not suggested that no. That said, I don't see it around me. I see people singing along with the show and bouncing their heads. And then afterwards apparently everybody who hated the show already left early like you because I'm only hearing positive things from the crowd. I'm confident enough in this that I'm half tempted just to go tonight and record not the show but the reaction at the end of the show. And then post it on here. But honestly, it just doesn't mean that much to me right now. Obviously I've hit a nerve by saying that it's not failing and falling flat on its face. Sorry. But not sorry.

Disone

And you've watched them all. That's impressive!

Plenty of people like the show. Plenty of people dislike the show, for one of many reasons. There has been a significant amount of negative feedback received by Disney on this show, as has been reported by several posters on this site, including the owner. If you choose to ignore them all, that's on you and no one else.

Good day.
Let me translate. You can't find even one. Not one. Still waiting. All I'm asking is for one.

Good day indeed.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This is the thing with Disney surveys. Why do they always give the opportunity for a compromise. If they wanted an accurate gauge just ask if it is better or worse. The “about the same” choice skews the entire thing.

What Disney is really asking is “Did we make the right decision in pulling Illuminations in favor of Harmonius?” It’s a yes or no answer. Why even entertain a response of “maybe”?

Disone

I am just jumping in and maybe I am not understanding.

So there are ZERO people that dislike Harmonious compared to Illuminations?
Oh Gosh no. The only thing I'm seeing here is that it's not a flop. It is not universally hate it. It's not even hated by most.

Illuminations was timeless and been around forever. I am not even making the argument that it is more popular than illuminations.

Going back up the thread you may even say where I state it may have not performed to what the company wanted.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I wonder if Disney will do a featurette for Disney Enchantment, because that show barely got anything leading up to it.

There barely was any behind the scenes videos, making-of videos, music videos, etc. Compared to HEA's leadup, we got like 8 BTS videos, multiple music videos, etc. We also got the lead vocalists singing live right after the fireworks show!!

All I can remember DE getting was one BTS, a tiktok, and a live recording of the theme song. Not saying DE deserves it, but they barely tried is all I'm saying, which itself is sad.

Disone

You don’t know how copyright strikes work do you? Both the show and the music.
I'm not sure where you're going with this. It was stated that the show always gets boos. I have not experienced that in the numerous times I have visited the show. I genuinely expressed an interest in finding an example of that in any of the numerous YouTube that are online. So far there been a lot of things thrown at me, but no one has offered a YouTube video that actually has the boos.

So question: are you a suggesting that any boos have been edited it out of all YouTube videos? You can hear the crowd, you can hear the applause, you can hear the boom of the fireworks, all of which is not copyrighted. Only the music and the visuals are. But the boos? They were eliminated? Again. I'm sorry if I missed your point. Genuinely.

Last edited:

Disone

I wonder if Disney will do a featurette for Disney Enchantment, because that show barely got anything leading up to it.

There barely was any behind the scenes videos, making-of videos, music videos, etc. Compared to HEA's leadup, we got like 8 BTS videos, multiple music videos, etc. We also got the lead vocalists singing live right after the fireworks show!!

All I can remember DE getting was one BTS, a tiktok, and a live recording of the theme song. Not saying DE deserves it, but they barely tried is all I'm saying, which itself is sad.
My guess would be that, and I'm going to get flamed for this, they chose to do a live presentation with harmonious because it is the stronger performer of the two shows.

Well, I don't think harmonious has fallen flat on its face, I'm not willing to say enchantment has, but it's certainly has gotten a lot closer to flop than harmonious. I think harmonious will survive past the 50th anniversary. I'm not convinced enchantment will. Quite honestly. I really do hope they bring back happily ever after. But whatever they do I don't think enchantment is going to live past the 50th.

TheMaxRebo

My guess would be that, and I'm going to get flamed for this, they chose to do a live presentation with harmonious because it is the stronger performer of the two shows.

Well, I don't think harmonious has fallen flat on its face, I'm not willing to say enchantment has, but it's certainly has gotten a lot closer to flop than harmonious. I think harmonious will survive past the 50th anniversary. I'm not convinced enchantment will. Quite honestly. I really do hope they bring back happily ever after. But whatever they do I don't think enchantment is going to live past the 50th.

I get not everyone likes Hamonius, I understand why - but at least they tried something big and grand a different from what was there before - and advancement of technology, etc .... Did everything work? No, but you can see what they were going for and it can be tweaked and I can see Harmonius v2.0 being around for a while

Enchantment is ... Fine. It's a good show but pretty safe and definitely is not a big, grand, upgrade from what came before it - which it needed to be (especially positioned as the show for the 50th) .... So I suspect by next spring we have HEA v2.0 playing in MK

Disone

You think it hilarious because you don't see people providing proof of people not liking it. That's excellent critical thinking!

Now, where's your proof it's very well received by most people?
Your point is well taken Mr. Penguin. I don't have proof. I suspect either does he. But it's a collective of experiences and a little inside knowledge I have that says overall it's actually pretty well received. Harmonious anyway. I haven't been going to enchantment enough to really speak to that. Plus I don't have the insight at the Magic Kingdom that I have at Epcot.

For me personally, I did not like harmonious the first time I saw it. Genuinely sought an opening night and it was a collective meh for me.

Through subsequent viewings I really began to enjoy the show. More than that, I also noticed that the audiences around me were enjoying the show.

Granted most the time I watch it from front center or from Japan. Japan's still affords a pretty good view of the Stargate.

As I really have not watched it from China or England, perhaps point of view really does affect perception of the show? I could totally entertain that. In fact, I think next time I go, which will be Friday or Saturday possibly both, I am purposely going to watch it from either China or England just to see what the crowd reactions are like on that side of the lake.

Nonetheless, your point is well taken. It's all subjective. I don't have proof. I was just asking for one YouTube video because it was stated that it gets booed all the time and I honestly have not ever heard the show been booed.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Your point is well taken Mr. Penguin. I don't have proof. I suspect either does he. But it's a collective of experiences and a little inside knowledge I have that says overall it's actually pretty well received. Harmonious anyway. I haven't been going to enchantment enough to really speak to that. Plus I don't have the insight at the Magic Kingdom that I have at Epcot.

For me personally, I did not like harmonious the first time I saw it. Genuinely sought an opening night and it was a collective meh for me.

Through subsequent viewings I really began to enjoy the show. More than that, I also noticed that the audiences around me were enjoying the show.

Granted most the time I watch it from front center or from Japan. Japan's still affords a pretty good view of the Stargate.

As I really have not watched it from China or England, perhaps point of view really does affect perception of the show? I could totally entertain that. In fact, I think next time I go, which will be Friday or Saturday possibly both, I am purposely going to watch it from either China or England just to see what the crowd reactions are like on that side of the lake.

Nonetheless, your point is well taken. It's all subjective. I don't have proof. I was just asking for one YouTube video because it was stated that it gets booed all the time and I honestly have not ever heard the show been booed.
The proof that the show is not successful is that Disney is actively working to retool it based on negative feedback. You do not fix something that isn’t broken.

Just because you choose to ignore this doesn’t make it any less true.

No Name

Most people who find something underwhelming would never make a negative sound about it. What kind of ravenous society do you think we live in where people boo at the end of a show?

Disone

The proof that the show is not successful is that Disney is actively working to retool it based on negative feedback. You do not fix something that isn’t broken.

Just because you choose to ignore this doesn’t make it any less true.
Interesting. You state this like It's absolute rumor confirmed as truth that Disney is actively reworking The show based on negative feedback.

Is that what harmonious live is? An example of Disney taking a show that has been so poorly received and broadcasting it live on a Disney Plus event?

When illuminations 25A flopped, they reworked that show in a matter of months. They could have done the same to harmonious by now. Instead, their showcasing it live on a Disney Plus event.

Look at no time during this conversation have I said that harmonious is the best show ever. I do enjoy it. It is definitely grown on me. I liked Illuminations more.

However, what I have clearly stated is that it's ratings are not abysmal, and I will stand by that.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Interesting. You state this like It's absolute rumor confirmed as truth that Disney is actively reworking The show based on negative feedback

Disney is well aware of guest response to both the new shows - it has not been good. There are plans.

Not Listening Friends Tv GIF

Vinnie Mac

You think it hilarious because you don't see people providing proof of people not liking it. That's excellent critical thinking!

Now, where's your proof it's very well received by most people?
No, I think it's hilarious because y'all think pretending people hate Harmonious is going to pressure Disney into bringing Illuminations back lol.

My proof? I don't have a chart for you my guy but every livestream I watched, the crowd loved it. Any video I've watched the crowd loved it. When I went to see it in person, the crowd sure as heck loved it. I overheard people talking about it in other parks. Now sure that was in October when the initial excitement of the show was there but if you look through social media (from post that AREN'T from old EPCOT purist), it's pretty clear what the general consensus on the show is.

I hate to break it to you but yes, the show that replaced Illuminations is in-fact liked/loved by many people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom