News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

This conversation has gone off the rails quite a bit, but we just visited Disneyland and had an outstanding time. Meanwhile, it's hard to justify returning to WDW at any point in the near future.

Disneyland will get even better to later this year when more Good entertainment returns. WDW not so much.

wutisgood

Disneyland will get even better to later this year when more Good entertainment returns. WDW not so much.
Disneyland will always benefit from guest experience because they have more ride cpacity as part of their physical space than people they can screw over. This is why shanghai was built so large in physical area compared to the number of rides they have. Disney wants to build new resorts that people can fight over for limited experiences. There is no limit to the budgetes of those experiences as long at they can get people to fight over them and pay.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland will always benefit from guest experience because they have more ride cpacity as part of their physical space than people they can screw over. This is why shanghai was built so large in physical area compared to the number of rides they have. Disney wants to build new resorts that people can fight over for limited experiences. There is no limit to the budgetes of those experiences as long at they can get people to fight over them and pay.
Yup! As I just typed in another thread, Disneyland park has 30 rides. DCA has 19 rides. Hollywood Studios has 9. (And DAK and Epcot are at about the same number).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have to ask, were there CMs telling people not to block the pathways? Because it looks very crowded to the left and the right.
No, the sheeple are trained not to stand or sit in a road, forgetting that the whole space is usable for viewing.

When the time gets near for the show to start, or people are too crowded in the non-street areas, CMs come and ask everyone to stand and move forward, and then the streets become filled.

Knowing this is a great way to get a good spot... just grab a space on the wide open street.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I have to ask, were there CMs telling people not to block the pathways? Because it looks very crowded to the left and the right.
Pictures didn't do it justice. They were pretty empty. Plenty of open room. The only pathway that CM's leave open now is directly in front of the castle, running from one ground turret to another, connecting Liberty Square and Fantasyland. The rest of the hub is fair game.

Unplugged

It's not really about whether it looks nice -- it does look nice, at least to an extent -- but a decline in the overall theming quality. They didn't bother to make it look like real wood; they just painted industrial materials brown. I'm sure it's not that noticeable to people just passing through to check-in etc., but taking care of that kind of detail work is what used to set Disney apart from other places.
You are correct referencing the theming. The big picture that impacts a brand like Disney long-term, is that it is true, no single item will ruin the average persons trip. Heck, 99% of the time, no single issue will ruin any of our trips either. However, when numerous issues creep in over time, it suddenly becomes a realization to people that "this place isn't the same". That happened to me years ago based on many of the changes they began making. At first many issues were easilly shrugged off, then the accumulation of them flipped my opinion switch. Now I go less, spend less, and in fact use my DVC points for golf getaways as opposed to park visits. I know I'm in the minority on this, but a slip in thematic details may save money now, but will accumulate to the point that people won't speak the same of Disney Parks which will also spread. It will take a long time as Disney's reputation is (was) that good. but when it happens at a majority level, it may not ever recover.

Touchdown

i don’t see the difference in crowds honestly, being gifted with a 6’3” height has its advantages to finding a good spot. For HEA and Illuminations I would show up 20-30 min and get a great spot between the Partners Statue and the MSUSA end of the hub/near the Canada friendship dock, for Enchantment and Harmonious I show up 20-30 min before to get the same spot on the Hub and in the former FP viewing area. No difference.

The only show that required more time was Fantasmic, and I would fix that by buying dining packages.

Epcot82Guy

i don’t see the difference in crowds honestly, being gifted with a 6’3” height has its advantages to finding a good spot. For HEA and Illuminations I would show up 20-30 min and get a great spot between the Partners Statue and the MSUSA end of the hub/near the Canada friendship dock, for Enchantment and Harmonious I show up 20-30 min before to get the same spot on the Hub and in the former FP viewing area. No difference.

The only show that required more time was Fantasmic, and I would fix that by buying dining packages.

At least for Epcot, that kind of proves the point. The most expensive, elaborate night time show is pulling in the same numbers (at most) as a show in its 15-20th year. The ROI there is a little tough to justify if true.

Touchdown

At least for Epcot, that kind of proves the point. The most expensive, elaborate night time show is pulling in the same numbers (at most) as a show in its 15-20th year. The ROI there is a little tough to justify if true.
Things get old, ROE had a very high watching rate and significantly helped guest retention efforts to drive resturant sales, however it was 20 years old. I don’t know how you increase attendance further, but towards the end those numbers were decreasing. Harmonious was an expense to maintain numbers not increase them. I don’t think it’s a failure.

Vinnie Mac

So, bringing this back on the rails, this was Magic Kingdom FIVE MINUTES before Enchantment. The park is slammed. Little Mermaid and People Mover are over 40 minutes. Space is 85. Enchantment isnt a success either.

View attachment 621224View attachment 621225
An uncrowded showing is now a telltale sign of a show being a failure? I dislike Enchantment as much as the next guy but let's not be stupid.

pdude81

Also anecdotally I was there to see Enchantment on 1/6 (Thursday night) and the place was mobbed. Had cast clearing paths several times and bumping into people. Not as packed as HEA before covid but nothing is really THAT packed anymore.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
An uncrowded showing is now a telltale sign of a show being a failure? I dislike Enchantment as much as the next guy but let's not be stupid.
It's not indicative in Magic Kingdom at all. People will stay for fireworks in front of the Castle. EPCOT is a different story entirely. I was just commenting on Enchantment's crowd levels at the moment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure what is true or not, but Distwitter is discussing rumours that changes are coming that may involve adding Encanto to the show.
1645130253012.png

mightynine

Is there any truth to the rumor that, in order to keep people from park-hopping to the Magic Kingdom for it's nighttime spectacular, the addition to Harm will be "We Don't Talk About Enchantment-No-No"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom