News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TimeTrip

Thinking of another analogy here. ROE
was like going to see a good movie at a movie theater. Harmonious is like going to see a simulcast of a concert at the movie theater.

I prefer the former.

ETA: noting this is more of a hot take ;-)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone was telling me about something they overheard at EPCOT the other day.

A group approaching World Showcase said, "oh wow, they have built a coaster in the lake! I can see the loop in the middle!"

I hope none of Disney’s hidden microphones picked that up. Otherwise, Bob 2.0 will run with that, call it “his next great idea”, and it will be the next big Epcot announcement. 😉

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep! Thanks for finding the video, I couldn't in a quick search. He wasn't there to take credit. It was Davison that was happy to put the onus on him.

NP. Almost like Davison knew what he was doing when he said that... 🤔
Yep, it seemed a very well placed comment. "Don't look at me for this creative mess, the idea came from the top and I'm just following orders"

trainplane3

Yep, it seemed a very well placed comment. "Don't look at me for this creative mess, the idea came from the top and I'm just following orders"
I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought that when he said it. The constant start-stop-start with the soundtrack (the album and how it's used in the show) makes it so messy. Like RoL: We Are One messy. Not to discredit the artists that performed the soundtrack itself, but it really feels like sections can be swapped out on demand instead of designing a show with a single vision which really gives it a "Disney Spotify playlist greatest hits" vibe.

*I didn't watch it on this trip. SSE and her lights had me mesmerized. I'll keep my comments to the soundtrack and not the show as a whole. I'm just shocked I'd rather watch a show that runs on constant 10 minute loops then the "nighttime spectacular".

wtyy21

There's been several pyro modifications to Disney Enchantment as well, for both better and worse.

Just to name a few;
Moana swirls were ditched but returned after about a month.
Some shells in the finale were replaced with small horsetails. These were swapped back after a few weeks. Now the horsetails returned.

It just seems to be supply issues throughout Disney's fireworks shows.
I believe it happens due to affects of the COVID-19 pandemic that make firework industry less profitable, particularly for Disney. However, we must note that Disneyland also modified their fireworks (particularly horsetail effects) for their fireworks show beginning from 2019 as well as cut some castle pyro.

Speaking of Harm, you will get this:

Disney Analyst

I believe it happens due to affects of the COVID-19 pandemic that make firework industry less profitable, particularly for Disney. However, we must note that Disneyland also modified their fireworks (particularly horsetail effects) for their fireworks show beginning from 2019 as well as cut some castle pyro.

Some major pyro swaps in Harm from that video, hopefully supply gets sorted fast.

Vinnie Mac

Word is that it's a temporary swap for either one or two reasons.

1. They're getting rid of old pyro (possibly from Epcot Forever and/or Reflections of Earth

2. Supply issues

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom