• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

CastAStone

Moderately Well-Known Member
Premium Member
My bigger issue is the ugliness of the stuff there (and I doubt the fountains will help much).
I can imagine a scenario where it remains ugly (no one I think would say it’s not ugly now) but I can also imagine a scenario where the fountains are absolutely beautiful. Hopefully they can turn them on soon so we can stop speculating.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Fountains are not going to improve the situation one iota.

Fact.

-
If that is your feeling there is no point in debating. Fountains will obviously improve upon the naked industrial stage rigging, and will do so by several iotas.

Will it be nice? I dont know! It might still look awful!

But to say a shield of water won’t improve it one iota vs the current free-concert-series vibe is just argumentative.

I’m increasingly frustrated by people’s unwillingness to give something a chance before they rip it apart.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Any chance investors ask about this during the call? Would love to hear them questioned about long term value for investors if they start watering down the product and not producing a product that keeps with the quality and experiences customers expect. Especially if they are moving to attract a wealthier clientele.
I could see big picture questions about Chapek’s comment that more or less said that he plans to charge more for a worse experience. I can’t imagine someone specifically bringing up the Harmonious barges.

the.dreamfinder

Which way is it off-centered? Could it be aimed toward the canceled Festival Center?
Wouldn’t be the first time.
1614690241902.png

LorangeJuice

Fountains are not going to improve the situation one iota.

Fact.

-
Can we put cameras on the tacos to display the live view of the countries they are blocking? Alternative budget cut version could be still pictures of the countries they are blocking. 😂 Better than fountains that need constant maintenance and still block the view.

I’m calling the fountains will break and not be fixed if they aren’t already budget cutted out. It’s just a matter of when.

GimpYancIent

If that is your feeling there is no point in debating. Fountains will obviously improve upon the naked industrial stage rigging, and will do so by several iotas.

But to say a shield of water won’t improve it one iota vs the current free-concert-series vibe is just argumentative.

I’m increasingly frustrated by people’s unwillingness to give something a chance before they rip it apart.
Ok, Ok, if the barges and structures are painted non reflective flat black they will not be abrasively visible at night! That would alleviate part of the problem, Oh! but wait, park hours do not extend into darkness hours. Darn there is always a catch!

RSoxNo1

Any chance investors ask about this during the call? Would love to hear them questioned about long term value for investors if they start watering down the product and not producing a product that keeps with the quality and experiences customers expect. Especially if they are moving to attract a wealthier clientele.
They will literally water this down.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member

Fountains will still block numerous sight lines, if they’re good or bad. Quite honestly they lost being given a chance when this hardware was approved to remain in position.

trainplane3

Fountains will still block numerous sight lines, if they’re good or bad. Quite honestly they lost being given a chance when this hardware was approved to remain in position.
At a time when these barges were approved, were there plans to move them? Or were there two different designs, one movable (something else) and one not (these)?

Or was it always planned to not move them in the beginning?

UNCgolf

I can imagine a scenario where it remains ugly (no one I think would say it’s not ugly now) but I can also imagine a scenario where the fountains are absolutely beautiful. Hopefully they can turn them on soon so we can stop speculating.

I think the fountains will be better than having the structures just sitting there all day completely undisguised.

I also don't think there's any way the fountains will actually look good. They're going to be huge and off-center; the scale will be wrong in multiple ways.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well for everyone complaining about the sightlines from the Guardians' show building, you're welcome....

Seriously though. These things are just massive. I need to see them in person later this month to truly pass judgment. Angles and focal length can play tricks on you. I hope that's the case here.

Same, I’ll have a chance in 2 weeks to see them in person. Will they pass the eye test? I’m not hopeful, but anything can happen.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
At a time when these barges were approved, were there plans to move them? Or were there two different designs, one movable (something else) and one not (these)?

Or was it always planned to not move them in the beginning?
I don’t have an answer yet although finding out they aren’t planned to move was way down the line.

Last edited:

Rose&Crown

Was in Epcot this weekend....saw the photos ahead of time but figured I’d hold my judgement until I was there.
It’s bad. It’s horrible. The views are awful, these things are huge and ugly. I truly cannot believe this was approved. Was in the park with people who aren’t “Disney people” and even they said why would Disney ruin the view with those things?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom