News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Our tour was led by Imagineer Dave Fisher (pictured above on the right) who was not only a great tour guide, but surprisingly forthcoming with information. We are often given boilerplate responses during interviews with Disney Imagineers as Disney media reps listen to make sure what’s said and not said. So it was refreshing to have a real conversation with Fisher with real answers. Maybe it’s because no photos or recording of any kind was allowed. We were only allowed to use our phones to take notes.​
An example of this is one of the first things Fisher told our group. He listed some of the projects he’s currently working on, such as the NBA Experience coming to Disney Springs, and the Reflections Disney Lakeside Lodge coming near Fort Wilderness. In speaking about the rooms they’re designing for Reflections, Fisher told us how amazing they are and how they’re unlike anything we have seen before, that is until they’re “value engineered”. The Imagineers sometimes design things as if money is no object, then those in the company who are in charge of the costs for the project, “value engineer” it down to be not quite as spectacular.​
What I Learned:
  • Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge will be on the old River Country site and will be unlike anything you’ve ever seen – if the best parts don’t get cut.

note2001

Iger must have said "What name would really P off people? Ahhh yess lets go with that one."

"Reflections of River Country" would have been far more acceptable.

I want this back:

aladdin2007

"Reflections of River Country" would have been far more acceptable.

I want this back:
View attachment 365800

agree....or at least something within the same family name of wilderness lodge and fort wilderness.. as originally planned/intended. Whether it be wilderness junction or something else like it, fine..but anymore they are just going totally off the map with everything it seems like. Reflections is :depressed:. Just what we need a big out place city like looking office building on the beautiful shores of bay lake...such a beautiful area and shoreline. I was even impressed with how they integrated the wilderness lodge cabins...but this is just ick to me...just my opinion though.

GladToBeHear

agree....or at least something within the same family name of wilderness lodge and fort wilderness.. as originally planned/intended. Whether it be wilderness junction or something else like it, fine..but anymore they are just going totally off the map with everything it seems like. Reflections is :depressed:. Just what we need a big out place city like looking office building on the beautiful shores of bay lake...such a beautiful area and shoreline. I was even impressed with how they integrated the wilderness lodge cabins...but this is just ick to me...just my opinion though.
It doesn't fit in with the aesthetic of FW and WL, so it shouldn't be branded as such. I'd prefer it be built somewhere else on property anyway and something else be built on the old RC site -- like some type of FW expansion with higher-end cabins, etc. But that's crazy talk.

note2001

It doesn't fit in with the aesthetic of FW and WL, so it shouldn't be branded as such. I'd prefer it be built somewhere else on property anyway and something else be built on the old RC site -- like some type of FW expansion with higher-end cabins, etc. But that's crazy talk.
Those KOA style cabins along the lake depicted in that plumber leak "reflect" old run down campgrounds from my childhood. So that's something.

(I have been in a beautiful A frame up along Lake Winnipesaukee, and they can be very nice. I have no doubt Disney will make these equally so, but on a smaller scale with a lake level view. My intention is not to put down the style, just to make a connection back to the campground theme mentioned :D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom