News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Surfin' Tuna

We went to Hoop Dee Do a couple of weeks ago with friends. We then walked around and I was just marveling at how it still feels like old Disney World there and a real vacation from the real world. It was so nice. Glad we had those couple of hours, but it's just plain sad. Sure they are "keeping" Ft. Wilderness, but it's not going to be the same place...not even close.

raymusiccity

It doesn't fit in with the aesthetic of FW and WL, so it shouldn't be branded as such. I'd prefer it be built somewhere else on property anyway and something else be built on the old RC site -- like some type of FW expansion with higher-end cabins, etc. But that's crazy talk.
Part of the plan does include higher-end cabins, effectively obliterating what's left of Ft. Wilderness beach. :(

GladToBeHear

I do hate this. However, the beaches at all the Seven Seas/Bay Lake resorts are barren most times I've looked. Whether it be reptiles or brain eating amoeba, they have little usage. Still, I would rather see an unused beach volleyball court than another dang bungalow.
This was it's charm. And why we've stayed at Fort Wildnerness for decades. It's a vacation inside a vacation. A bubble inside a bubble.

This is just depressing. It will never be the same. My favorite? Replacing the stables/riding area with a parking lot. Awesome.

trainplane3

This was it's charm. And why we've stayed at Fort Wildnerness for decades. It's a vacation inside a vacation. A bubble inside a bubble.

This is just depressing. It will never be the same. My favorite? Replacing the stables/riding area with a parking lot. Awesome.
Don't worry! The stables will be on the other side of the parking lot!

...all better right...right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's an overlay...

ABQ

Anyone have an idea just how all the guest vehicles will get to that massive parking lot? I can't imagine they'll all drive down Timberline, through the WL gate and then the service road?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom