News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is one rumor I'm starting to seriously doubt. On MDE, Disney has reorganized and recategorized their resorts and all their affiliated resorts several times in the past few years and v/m/d has always stayed.

What does the category matter when you raise the prices of the “categories” as much as they have?

Ignore everything else...watch the moderates. That’s where the pricing structure is indicative...I talked to a guy once who knew some stuff about that...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok...I really like it. At least the small sneak peak we have seen so far. I love the idea of nature-themed...that doesn't mean it has to be placed in previous time period (ala Wilderness lodge, etc.) A contemporary take on nature could be very cool...lots of greenery, natural materials, quiet peaceful trails, water features, and inventive innovative layouts. There IS potential here...guess we need more info but so far so good. I actully like the more subtle modern theming of the recent hotels.

I like them in Miami and Times Square...

kong1802

moderates are insane for what you get...its a shame its like a tax for wanting to avoid screaming children all night long.

Or just wanting “normal” amenities, like a restaurant/room service/more than 200 sq ft....

And I know this isn’t the place, but shampoo/soap bolted to the wall in a room that retails for north of $200 is tacky at best....I had to remind myself I wasn’t at the Dollar General in the wrong part of town

matt9112

Or just wanting “normal” amenities, like a restaurant/room service/more than 200 sq ft....

And I know this isn’t the place, but shampoo/soap bolted to the wall in a room that retails for north of $200 is tacky at best....I had to remind myself I wasn’t at the Dollar General in the wrong part of town

yeah i mean in reality i have been priced out. saved for past vacations anyway but now never on site anymore. shame really i miss it but hey that all mighty dollar me im just a peon.

note2001

No need to worry about soap bolted to the wall in this resort: My Bus Driver* said this new resort will bring us back to the old frontier days and have us making our own soap out over a (projection image of a) fire in the yard. There will be a hefty price to pay for pre-made soap and to get it you must hitch up the wagon and go into town for it.

*My Bus Driver is a fictional character. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
moderates are insane for what you get...its a shame its like a tax for wanting to avoid screaming children all night long.

Plenty of screaming children at moderates...

The idea of the “moderate” is two fold:
1. It allows them to gauge what the tolerance of the overall is for price increases...predictive of the other categories and mininum services to market
2. It’s always drawn a big chunk of the loyal customer...and forces the value patrons to “spend up” into that level in many cases. Again that’s predictive for so many prices beyond lodging.

note2001

I cannot gauge how the entire resort will feel based on the initial graphic of the porte-cochère released.

Example: Look at Kidani. It looks horrible as you're pulling up to it... right up until you're entering the lobby and those lanterns cast a spell to make you forget the drive up image. Inside and out the back door, the resort has a whole different feel to it.

HwdStudio

Ugh, I do hate the idea of any massive structure being built in that area, I like the wooded surroundings and want them to stay. I hope it's just something they had to do prior to filling in the former River Country and little more.
How often do you stay in that area? My guess is never.

HwdStudio

All of the modern hotel chains are going to exactly the same thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I cannot gauge how the entire resort will feel based on the initial graphic of the porte-cochère released.

Example: Look at Kidani. It looks horrible as you're pulling up to it... right up until you're entering the lobby and those lanterns cast a spell to make you forget the drive up image. Inside and out the back door, the resort has a whole different feel to it.

Kind of a different feel...kidani has a little more to work with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, but if you're paying $600+/night for a room thats allegedly a "deluxe" property, you should be getting deluxe service. High end hotel chains are still passing out little bottles.

I have serious doubts that they looking to charge that much.

A “stripped down” theme/construction would lend credence to my theory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom