News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Setting aside for a minute what they might be doing to the soil that could be "misconstrued"!

I'm thinking this could go one of two ways. It could be straightforward drilling to see what kind of foundations might be needed in the future, what they might be building on (toxicity etc).

But a temporary Wetland Exhibit could also be something akin to Discovery Island perhaps? Demolish the existing unsafe structures and create some kind of wildlife reserve/sanctuary.

It would be a shame if FW is going to be over-shadowed by another resort. OTOH, maybe they want to expand the cabins.

The SFWMD is the Only real “insider” that doesn’t get his mail at bob iger’s House.

You can’t hide it, sneak it, or misdirect it. At least until that department is gutted...you know - for “freedom”? 😳

This is a hotel...not an attraction area. DVC is gonna to run low and that was never an option.

Onward and upward.

CJR

I definitely don't dislike what I've seen so far; it looks nice. Beats that Swan and Dolphin addition, for sure. Beats the Coronado addition too.

Still, I'd love to know more details, such as pools, and other amenities before I get too excited for it. I'd love to see Disney construct a pool that truly rivals those at their older deluxe resorts (Contemporary excluded since I've never like theirs, haha).

38053WDW

Build a new land! You can't even move in the parks anymore! 900+ more people! But a good Gondola landing is right there in front of contemp on other side of street :)

build_it

I definitely don't dislike what I've seen so far; it looks nice. Beats that Swan and Dolphin addition, for sure. Beats the Coronado addition too.

Still, I'd love to know more details, such as pools, and other amenities before I get too excited for it. I'd love to see Disney construct a pool that truly rivals those at their older deluxe resorts (Contemporary excluded since I've never like theirs, haha).

I completely agree. The Swan/Dolphin tower is yuck. This seems to be mid century, might have a lot of wood and stone (both mid century appropriate) and appears to have a variety to roof lines and heights.

Would have really loved to see it from a different angle. So details and other amenities will be very important.

But the mid century vibe can work well in a natural environment. Bonus, if you were creating a back story, It would be easy to create a story linked to the Wilderness Lodge becoming so popular, that a second lodge was created in the 60s. Just a thought...

doctornick

With many insiders hinting at the idea of the cost structure of deluxe-moderates-value going away, perhaps one shouldn't read too much into this being called a deluxe.

I only recall one insider hinting to that honestly. And I;d be very skeptical of it happening to any degree given the wide variety of amenities in different resort levels.

More likely is that the grouping of hotels into different areas based on theme park will have start to take on a bigger impact on the prices (e.g. DHS area hotels go up in price when SW:GE opens, then MK area ones go up more when the 50th hits and Tron opens, etc.)

jt04

As expected....
Anyone have an update on Brazil?
Coco?
Mgm phase 3 and 4?
Zootopia?

🤨

There are threads with updates on SWL, MMRR, Ratatouille, GotG, New Gondolas, Tron, refurbished Tomorrowland, new parking and road infrastructure, New Disney Springs venues, and new Cirque show if you are bored reading about all the new resorts.

Lots happening overseas too. Including a new castle (really two) at HKDL, a certain spirit said would never ever happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are threads with updates on SWL, MMRR, Ratatouille, GotG, New Gondolas, Tron, refurbished Tomorrowland, new parking and road infrastructure, New Disney Springs venues, and new Cirque show if you are bored reading about all the new resorts.

Lots happening overseas too. Including a new castle (really two) at HKDL, a certain spirit said would never ever happen.

“Ghostrider, this is maverick requesting a flyby”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Boy...that concept art does look terrible.

The recent construction photos from Coronado and Caribbean look pretty bad too...

I loath bay lake...now they seem to mimic it as much as possible.

Not good...short term choices for longterm erosion of uniqueness

note2001

I'm still surprised they never refurbed the building at all to bring bathrooms "inside". As long as the ever classic picture remains, I'd be pretty happy:
hoop-dee-doo-musical-revue-bathroom-cowboy-mural.jpg

The original GF right? Because whoever did the DVC expansion wasn't good.
Don't mind me. Just taking this offramp for a second (bathroom break)
Maybe it's just the mustache, but that middle guy resembles Joe Rohde. Now I wonder, are they meant to depict imagineers?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They're going to be clearing a lot of trees for this nature themed resort.

The trees are staying. They're becoming the underside of the porte cochère.

With many insiders hinting at the idea of the cost structure of deluxe-moderates-value going away, perhaps one shouldn't read too much into this being called a deluxe.

This is one rumor I'm starting to seriously doubt. On MDE, Disney has reorganized and recategorized their resorts and all their affiliated resorts several times in the past few years and v/m/d has always stayed.

WDWFANSINCE81

Ok...I really like it. At least the small sneak peak we have seen so far. I love the idea of nature-themed...that doesn't mean it has to be placed in previous time period (ala Wilderness lodge, etc.) A contemporary take on nature could be very cool...lots of greenery, natural materials, quiet peaceful trails, water features, and inventive innovative layouts. There IS potential here...guess we need more info but so far so good. I actully like the more subtle modern theming of the recent hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom