News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

nickys

Premium Member
Who’s buying?

That’s an open poll question…because I haven’t actually heard of anyone closing a contract since the plague.

And I know hundreds at least that did for 25 years prior

That is anecdotal…but I can also be indicative
Riviera is 78% sold, Poly isn’t on sale yet.

The promotion of incentives at OKW sold out, outselling CFW by a country mile.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Their sales numbers are way less lb for lb than they were from 2000-2020.

And so many resells flood the market now the strong indication is a lot of buyers remorse

I get why Disney builds em…no fault of theirs. I see less reason for people to buy them. But I’m salty

Casper Gutman

Their sales numbers are way less lb for lb than they were from 2000-2020.

And so many resells flood the market now the strong indication is a lot of buyers remorse

I get why Disney builds em…no fault of theirs. I see less reason for people to buy them. But I’m salty
I’m with you on this. DVC is madness. It’s promising to pay a resort with a questionable track record no matter how much they diminish the product.

Between this and the awful recent park announcements, I’ve started to wonder for the first time what it would take to make me give up on Disney parks once and for all. At what point is there no path back? Even worse, since the pandemic Uni has started to follow Disney downhill.

Grumble grumble…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m with you on this. DVC is madness. It’s promising to pay a resort with a questionable track record no matter how much they diminish the product.

Between this and the awful recent park announcements, I’ve started to wonder for the first time what it would take to make me give up on Disney parks once and for all. At what point is there no path back? Even worse, since the pandemic Uni has started to follow Disney downhill.

Grumble grumble…
That is exactly why they are pushing it so hard now…

This wouldn’t be done until around 2030…at that point they will be 12 years from blur half the dvc rooms running out.

They have no longterm plan

MouseEarsMom33

They need to get started on the next DVC offering now so it’s ready once the Poly & Riviera sales near the end.

We can ignore the Cabins at FW, they’re a lost cause.
Actually, this is likely tied closely to cabins. May be part of same trust, allowing Disney to lower dues on cabins (making them maybe easier to sell).

I wouldn't be surprised if Poly sells out before Riviera as it does not have same resell restrictions and is on the monorail loop.

Eric Graham

I recall when they used to pay 100 dollars a person to tour the DVC...ice cream sometimes....last time I was there they gave you and 8 dollar lithograph to tour.

nickys

Premium Member
I recall when they used to pay 100 dollars a person to tour the DVC...ice cream sometimes....last time I was there they gave you and 8 dollar lithograph to tour.
They’re giving a $200 gift card for doing a room tour just now. Not per guest though, just one per party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom