News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You mean the inpark Epcot DVC?

I just remember hearing about a couple of possible options. I think @marni1971 knew about some of them.
The in park one won’t happen anymore due to the massively expensive and hugely impressive new centre of the park being there now. The park entrance one for similar reasons. There’s always the option by the bus station if they think they don’t have enough hotels.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
*musing* Balfour Betty sounds like a Marvel character.

Yes, I know it is Beatty, but I say Betty in my head every time I read it.

Interesting piece of trivia about Balfour Beatty. When Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was being filmed in Sri Lanka, they found the gorge they wanted to use for the rope bridge scene. Balfour Beatty happened to be building a dam near by so they were hired to build the rope bridge.

Sectorkeeper71

In effect you were a DVC owner, using your DCV for 8 days and only going to the park for 4 days.

I really think Disney loves guests like you; you still ate and shopped for the 8 days and only taxed their theme park resources for 4 days.
I guess, but also wasn’t spending money in their parks for half my time there and also did a day at universal city walk, so only 7 days on their property.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Less tax on their theme park capacity, but less money from me overall regarding tickets, genie plus, etc

easyrowrdw

The in park one won’t happen anymore due to the massively expensive and hugely impressive new centre of the park being there now. The park entrance one for similar reasons. There’s always the option by the bus station if they think they don’t have enough hotels.
There were plans for a hotel in the park? I remember hearing about one at the entrance, but how were they going to put a hotel in the park?

Sir_Cliff

A good game changer or a bad?

I didn’t think anyone was pining for an in park Bellagio at WDW.
Indeed. Disneyland Hotel in Paris and Hotel Mira Costa at TDS showed how you could effectively integrate a hotel into a theme park. The new hotel at Epic only seems to be a 'game changer' in the sense that this time they're just plopping down a high-rise hotel tower into a theme park.

trainplane3

There were plans for a hotel in the park? I remember hearing about one at the entrance, but how were they going to put a hotel in the park?
I think the main tower was going to sit in one of the quarters of the (west?) Innoventions buildings with a smaller part of it on the other quarter. Someone did a quick mock up of the rough height of it in the park and it really would've been a eyesore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom