Refillable Mugs

IDreamOfDisney

Original Poster
Can you still use the resort refillable mugs? I heard talk about them being discontinued. Are there any restrictions? Can you use a mug from one resort at another?

Please let me know. Going home real soon!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Nemo14

..only if you pool-hop with them....

picture.php

disneygirl1

Can you still use the resort refillable mugs? I heard talk about them being discontinued. Are there any restrictions? Can you use a mug from one resort at another?

Please let me know. Going home real soon!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

The resort mugs are still available, they are generic now and not resort specific as they used to be in the past. You can use the mug for the length of stay at the resort in which it was purchased only.

the cups have a chip installed in them supposedly, dont know how flawless it is but if you have a old mug are behind someone using machine the machine will still work for you if you are quick. disney is GREEDY

G00fyDad

that's the official stance :lookaroun

the cups have a chip installed in them supposedly, dont know how flawless it is but if you have a old mug are behind someone using machine the machine will still work for you if you are quick. disney is GREEDY

The RFID chip is only in the paper cups and refillable mugs at the All Stars Sports Resort.

Here's the deal:
You can only use the paper cups for refills for one hour after purchase and only every 5 minutes.
You can use the refillable mugs for 14 days (As soon as this goes Disney wide then it will be changed to a length of stay time frame I'm sure) and you can only refill them every 5 minutes.

Disney has apparently signed short term "testing" contracts with a soft drink machine vendor that will allow them to "beta test" the idea in All Stars Sports. Then they will probably sign another contract to have these put in all of the resorts. So far the only negativity they have gotten have been from people who were cheating the system before. Personally I cannot wait to see the look on the person's face that is trying to fill up a one gallon milk jug with a soft drink and cannot do it. :ROFLOL: Yes, actually I have seen this very thing happen. :rolleyes:

forevermickey

The RFID chip is only in the paper cups and refillable mugs at the All Stars Sports Resort.

Here's the deal:
You can only use the paper cups for refills for one hour after purchase and only every 5 minutes.
You can use the refillable mugs for 14 days (As soon as this goes Disney wide then it will be changed to a length of stay time frame I'm sure) and you can only refill them every 5 minutes.

Disney has apparently signed short term "testing" contracts with a soft drink machine vendor that will allow them to "beta test" the idea in All Stars Sports. Then they will probably sign another contract to have these put in all of the resorts. So far the only negativity they have gotten have been from people who were cheating the system before. Personally I cannot wait to see the look on the person's face that is trying to fill up a one gallon milk jug with a soft drink and cannot do it. :ROFLOL: Yes, actually I have seen this very thing happen. :rolleyes:
I can not believe that someone would have the nerve to do that... that they would not be embarrassed by their actions!:eek:

G00fyDad

I can not believe that someone would have the nerve to do that... that they would not be embarrassed by their actions!:eek:

Apparently they weren't. I walked up to get my drink after I left the register and I looked up and there she was, holding the jug under the spout and filling it up. I just stood there slack jawed and she turned to look at me and gave me a dirty look that just said "Mind your own ******* business." LOL I just started laughing at her audacity. Bringing old Disney mugs is one thing. It's wrong too but at least you're not openly saying "Hey Disney! **** you buddy! I'm gonna do what I want to do! Now say something about it." :eek:

That's the worst container I've seen. But I have seen ones like a Kings Island cup and a few Six Flags cups. I also saw a T-Rex flute style cup being used. LOL

Goofnut1980

Dear Cheaters of the System,
It seems you were able to pay for a $2500+ trip but you can not afford $12 for a cup. Instead of paying for the fries you just got on the way to the airport, buy a cup for soda for the week. Or just drink from the water fountain!
Sincerely,
The people that have to keep paying more because you are cheap!

(just having a little fun) :ROFLOL:

LJake

don't worry, i've bought a new mug every year :p

it always makes me laugh when i see people use ones from what must be close to 10 years ago

G00fyDad

I have seen a video of the system in operation at All Star Sports. Once you start filling up you have 70 seconds to finish. More than enough time. You can make a "suicide" drink if you wish (mix flavors) but once the capacity hits 20oz it stops filling your cup. And you cannot have someone start filling and only get a tiny amount in their mug then you come along and fill the remaining amount in your container. It doesn't work that way. You have to have the RFID chip to activate each spout.

Your statement "dont know how flawless it is but if you have a old mug are behind someone using machine the machine will still work for you if you are quick" shows just how greedy you are. Pay the money for the mug.

love disney

Even though when I bought a refillable mug and was told it was good for all future visits, I have bought new mugs for subsequent visits when I realized that was not actually the case, so I am okay with the possibility of the RFID chips being used.

What I am concerned about however is how this will affect people that stay at multiple resorts on the same trip. For instance, for my upcoming honeymoon I am staying at a deluxe resort the first days, then to save money switching to a value resort for the remainder of my trip. If this system goes resort-wide people ought to be able to use the mug the entire length of their trip at any resort. What about people that visit another resort just to look around and get a q.s. lunch, shouldn't they be allowed to use their mug for that as well?

G00fyDad

Even though when I bought a refillable mug and was told it was good for all future visits, I have bought new mugs for subsequent visits when I realized that was not actually the case, so I am okay with the possibility of the RFID chips being used.

What I am concerned about however is how this will affect people that stay at multiple resorts on the same trip. For instance, for my upcoming honeymoon I am staying at a deluxe resort the first days, then to save money switching to a value resort for the remainder of my trip. If this system goes resort-wide people ought to be able to use the mug the entire length of their trip at any resort. What about people that visit another resort just to look around and get a q.s. lunch, shouldn't they be allowed to use their mug for that as well?

They've thought of that. A lot of people resort hop. The mug will be able to be used at any drink station Disney resort wide for 14 days. In the future, once the system kicks off and is running well they will set the system up to program the mug to your resort room ID and that will allow it to be used for length of stay. Some (lucky) people get to stay for longer than 14 days and for now they will have to go back on day 15 and get a new mug issued to them for free.

Uncle Lupe

So how much does a case/24pk of pop cost at the Walmart's around Disney?
If the mug cost $15 I can get 2 thirty packs ($7.48) each of Pepsi/Mt.Dew at my local store for $15. That's 720 oz. total of pop and the mug hold 20 oz with no ice. So I would have to refill my cup at least 30 times to break even! And only 7 days to use it so about 5.5 refills a day. I would use the cup if it came with my package but would not spend the extra money to buy one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom