Refillable Mugs

G00fyDad

So how much does a case/24pk of pop cost at the Walmart's around Disney?
If the mug cost $15 I can get 2 thirty packs ($7.48) each of Pepsi/Mt.Dew at my local store for $15. That's 720 oz. total of pop and the mug hold 20 oz with no ice. So I would have to refill my cup at least 30 times to break even! And only 7 days to use it so about 5.5 refills a day. I would use the cup if it came with my package but would not spend the extra money to buy one.

First, most people don't rent a vehicle so they have no way to get to the store to get packs of soft drinks. We rent one but that's because we hate Disney Transportation. Never have had a good experience on it.

Second, the breakdown would be a little more like:

Disney mug holds 20oz and costs $12.99
If you got 5 refills a day for 7 days (35 - 20 oz drinks) it will cost you $12.99. :cool:
A 6 pack of 20oz soft drinks cost somewhere around $7.50
If you got six 6 packs (36 - 20 oz drinks) it will cost you $48.00

I'll go with the $12.99 mug. :rolleyes:

dsollie

What happens if the ROFL chip suddenly stops working - do I get one of those FastPasses that lets me use it on every ride for the rest of the day? ;)

G00fyDad

What happens if the ROFL chip suddenly stops working - do I get one of those FastPasses that lets me use it on every ride for the rest of the day? ;)

If your "Rolling On the Floor Laughing" chip fails, see a doctor right away. ;)

If the RFID chip fails you can get another mug free of charge but since this chip is low level electronic it ought to be safe. It is more akin to the security stickers on merchandise in stores. It has a long circuit looking band of metal attached to a very, very small microchip that gets "activated" at the point of purchase. :)

rfid_chip.jpg

Uncle Lupe

First, most people don't rent a vehicle so they have no way to get to the store to get packs of soft drinks. We rent one but that's because we hate Disney Transportation. Never have had a good experience on it.

Second, the breakdown would be a little more like:

Disney mug holds 20oz and costs $12.99
If you got 5 refills a day for 7 days (35 - 20 oz drinks) it will cost you $12.99. :cool:
A 6 pack of 20oz soft drinks cost somewhere around $7.50
If you got six 6 packs (36 - 20 oz drinks) it will cost you $48.00

I'll go with the $12.99 mug. :rolleyes:

Where in my post does it say to buy the 20 oz bottles? I was using the 12 oz cans that come in the 30pk for $7.48. X 2. 6 pk bottles are never a good buy unless you catch them on sale for dirt cheap.:cool: Lot's of people drive and no need to rent. That's why I was asking what the price in that area is running. To get a better idea of the breakdown.:rolleyes:

Lucky

I'll be disappointed when they implement this new system and do away with the honor system. No more threads about mugs and morality.

Communicore

Can the mugs be used to refill at EU and Sunshine Seasons? I've seen people ask for a tall glass of water at EU, but since the water is at the soda station, they fill it with soda instead.

G00fyDad

I'll be disappointed when they implement this new system and do away with the honor system. No more threads about mugs and morality.

Now we are only going to be limited to pool hopping, parking, and strollers for entertainment.

..and scooters

We can take to posting pictures of the silly looks on peoples faces when they try to use their Universal Studios mug on the new system. I know I am going to be snap happy next trip.

Just curious....is it only soft drinks that you can use the refillable mugs on...what about water??

Water is still free.

Mad Stitch

Enough picking on each other! What happened to the good ol’ days when we all picked on a single vendor at the Flower & Garden Festival?

Uncle Lupe

I have to admit that the girlfriend asked me about pool hopping when we were staying at a separate resort from the rest of our party. I very adamantly said NO!, That is not allowed. She gave me a very strange look.

Lucky

I have to admit that the girlfriend asked me about pool hopping when we were staying at a separate resort from the rest of our party. I very adamantly said NO!, That is not allowed. She gave me a very strange look.

maybe it's ok to go to their pool as their guest, or for them to come to your pool as your guests?

Communicore

So I head to Sports earlier and saw a dude, who is the acronym of All Star Sports, bring in a Coleman and attempted to fill it with the fountain soda and of course it didn't work. He then bangs on the machine and tried to shake it, to no avail. CM comes over and explains that only mugs purchased there can be filled. He responded "Oh yeah" and left....a few min. after he comes back with a teal covered mug (the CR and All Star Music kind) and it still did not work, but since the ice tea does not have the thingies, he filled up the mug, bellowed for his boy to hand him the Coleman then filled it up too! Oh my goodness!!

So I head to Sports earlier and saw a dude, who is the acronym of All Star Sports, bring in a Coleman and attempted to fill it with the fountain soda and of course it didn't work. He then bangs on the machine and tried to shake it, to no avail. CM comes over and explains that only mugs purchased there can be filled. He responded "Oh yeah" and left....a few min. after he comes back with a teal covered mug (the CR and All Star Music kind) and it still did not work, but since the ice tea does not have the thingies, he filled up the mug, bellowed for his boy to hand him the Coleman then filled it up too! Oh my goodness!!

Welcome to the Age of Entitlement. "How much can you do for me? Why aren't you doing it already? Why wasn't it done 5 minutes ago? And what else can you do for me??? And the rules are fine as long as they don't interfere with my vacation." :( I just wish that I could have seen his face when the Coleman didn't work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom