News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Control of what? A new development agreement, which has to lock in what already exists, still hasn’t even been presented for public review.
The new agreement will be functionally the same as the one Disney was sued over.

Brian

You're right. This has been going on so long I just lumped all the antagonists together.
That's understandable for sure. I just felt inclined to make the distinction due to the ongoing conversation, as the district administrator is selected by the board, while the board is selected by the governor.

lazyboy97o

The new agreement will be functionally the same as the one Disney was sued over.
The settlement acknowledged the “need” to change the comprehensive plan, which undermines this idea. So too does the lack of an agreement, as the 2032 Comprehensive Plan wasn’t that different than the again in force 2020 Comprehensive Plan.

Unbanshee

That's understandable for sure. I just felt inclined to make the distinction due to the ongoing conversation, as the district administrator is selected by the board, while the board is selected by the governor.

Both are effectively picked by the Governor, just not technically. Look no further than the communications "strategy" with the replacement of Gilzean of the Governor's office getting out ahead of every single step of the process

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The settlement acknowledged the “need” to change the comprehensive plan, which undermines this idea. So too does the lack of an agreement, as the 2032 Comprehensive Plan wasn’t that different than the again in force 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
You're right.

The new document will be different.

It will be "different" in the way that Chris Gaines was "different" from Garth Brooks or how the drummer from Nirvana is "different" from the singer of the Foo Fighters.

Last edited:

flyakite

1715430325291.png

GoneViral

Imagine if anyone in this thread had said six months ago that the CFTOD would propose $100 million to fix WDW roads. They would have been laughed out of here.

maxairmike

Widening Western Way? Yes, please! That road is a nightmare between 4-6pm, thanks to the s***storm known as I-4!

As long as they're widening all the way from BVD to Avalon (mainly to match lane alignments since the Sawgrass/Flemings connection is finally being fast tracked) and working with CFX to finally signalize the 429 interchange, anything less than that is like putting a normal size bandaid on a multi-inch gash. I think they also need to look at an alternative to the standard intersection for BVD and Western Way given the volume of traffic there, but that's probably more of a multi-phase project like World Drive, as it would likely involve modifications to the World Drive/BVD interchange alignment and flow, as well as the Coronado intersection in what I envision as a "good" solution.

vikescaper

As long as they're widening all the way from BVD to Avalon (mainly to match lane alignments since the Sawgrass/Flemings connection is finally being fast tracked) and working with CFX to finally signalize the 429 interchange, anything less than that is like putting a normal size bandaid on a multi-inch gash. I think they also need to look at an alternative to the standard intersection for BVD and Western Way given the volume of traffic there, but that's probably more of a multi-phase project like World Drive, as it would likely involve modifications to the World Drive/BVD interchange alignment and flow, as well as the Coronado intersection in what I envision as a "good" solution.
I could see them doing something similar to what they did to the BVD and Hotel Plaza Blvd intersection years ago. They changed the alignment so Hotel Plaza Blvd flows directly into BVD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom