News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

joshwill

From the Terms Of Service for WDWMagic:
If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
and,
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation.
Can you point me in the direction of this TOS. I’d like to see it for myself

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can you point me in the direction of this TOS. I’d like to see it for myself
Bottom of every page.

1708822715243.png

In addition to the rules delineated in the ToS, additional Moderator directions are to be obeyed, as per the ToS.

And rules-lawyering the rules will get one nowhere... A person can banned for any reason the mods/admins see fit, without having to actually explain why.

So, if one wanted to go to the ToS to find out their rights... there ain't none. This is a privately owned forum. The owner can do as they please. The only recourse is to join some other forum that fits one's preferences better, or, start their own forum.

JoeCamel

Bottom of every page.

View attachment 770125

In addition to the rules delineated in the ToS, additional Moderator directions are to be obeyed, as per the ToS.

And rules-lawyering the rules will get one nowhere... A person can banned for any reason the mods/admins see fit, without having to actually explain why.

So, if one wanted to go to the ToS to find out their rights... there ain't none. This is a privately owned forum. The owner can do as they please. The only recourse is to join some other forum that fits one's preferences better, or, start their own forum.
When did we as a society stop following rules? Seems that we question authority at every turn and don't see honor in fulfilling our part of agreements we enter into, kind of rules for thee but not for mee mentality?

I bet Tiana has an answer...... Or Louis

Chi84

Premium Member
Yeah, a discussion that always seems to escalate into a political p***ing match before the mods shut it down. Let us make a compromise. How about they lock the thread so that no more responses can be posted? Does this work for you?😂
No because it would shut down all the valuable discussion that has occurred and still continues. What works better is if you don't click on the thread if you don't want to see the political ******* match before the mods delete it. Solves the problem, doesn't it? Just pretend that the thread is locked!

Goofyernmost

No because it would shut down all the valuable discussion that has occurred and still continues. What works better is if you don't click on the thread if you don't want to see the political ******* match before the mods delete it. Solves the problem, doesn't it? Just pretend that the thread is locked!
Are you suggesting that people take responsibility for what they read themselves and don't feel they can stop reading it unless someone makes it impossible? That would imply that people are intelligent (they are not) or capable of having their own opinions (also not a chance) or truly believe that the world revolves around them personally and they won't stop until everyone admits that they are always right and no other opinion matters.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The full agenda packet for the CFTOD Board of Supervisors meeting this Wednesday, February 28 is now available at this link.

This packet includes a Public Facilities Report, prepared by District staff, which begins on page 78.

"The Reedy Creek Improvement District was previously not required to complete a Public Facilities Report under Section 189.08(9) F.S. As part of the ratification process whereupon the former Chapter 67-764, Laws of Florida, was ratified and amended by Chapter 2023-5, Laws of Florida, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, formerly the Reedy Creek Improvement District, is no longer exempt from completing a public facilities report. Therefore, this report shall serve as the initial public facilities report for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District.

This Public Facilities Report has been prepared by District staff in conformance with Chapter 189 Uniform Special District Accountability Act, Part VIII, Comprehensive Planning ss. 189.08, as required by Chapter 2023-5, Section 4 (8)(b), Florida Statutes. The report is presented to the Board of Supervisors, whom upon approval, shall submit the public facilities report and related annual notices required by s. 189.08, F.S. and Chapter 2023-5, Section 4(8)(b), to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. This report will also be provided to Orange and Osceola Counties.

Nothing in this Report requires, or should be construed to obligate, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (“District”) to approve, design, engineer, permit, construct, or fund any of the public facilities referenced herein, nor shall the District be required to reserve, allocate or provide funds for the matters contained in this Report. Any District obligations for the foregoing and for payment and/or the expenditure of funds for matters referenced in this Report are subject to separate action of the District and such obligations are subject to discretionary annual appropriation by the District."

The full agenda packet for the CFTOD Board of Supervisors meeting this Wednesday, February 28 is now available at this link.

This packet includes a Public Facilities Report, prepared by District staff, which begins on page 78.

"The Reedy Creek Improvement District was previously not required to complete a Public Facilities Report under Section 189.08(9) F.S. As part of the ratification process whereupon the former Chapter 67-764, Laws of Florida, was ratified and amended by Chapter 2023-5, Laws of Florida, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, formerly the Reedy Creek Improvement District, is no longer exempt from completing a public facilities report. Therefore, this report shall serve as the initial public facilities report for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District.

This Public Facilities Report has been prepared by District staff in conformance with Chapter 189 Uniform Special District Accountability Act, Part VIII, Comprehensive Planning ss. 189.08, as required by Chapter 2023-5, Section 4 (8)(b), Florida Statutes. The report is presented to the Board of Supervisors, whom upon approval, shall submit the public facilities report and related annual notices required by s. 189.08, F.S. and Chapter 2023-5, Section 4(8)(b), to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. This report will also be provided to Orange and Osceola Counties.

Nothing in this Report requires, or should be construed to obligate, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (“District”) to approve, design, engineer, permit, construct, or fund any of the public facilities referenced herein, nor shall the District be required to reserve, allocate or provide funds for the matters contained in this Report. Any District obligations for the foregoing and for payment and/or the expenditure of funds for matters referenced in this Report are subject to separate action of the District and such obligations are subject to discretionary annual appropriation by the District."
Thanks for posting this. Going through this does seem to answer one of my questions about the district. Given the new new leadership structure would they continue to issue new bonds or solely rely on revenue generated from fees and ad valorem?

Pages 87-88 show some of the projects they will be pursuing mainly with Western Way and World Dr. Looks like they expect to issue new bonds to fund these projects.

Disstevefan1

Glen Gilzean has been appointed as Orange County's new supervisor of elections.

Two questions I have is:
Must he leave the CFTOD or is he allowed to do both?
My second question got deleted by the moderator, I will try again.
I wonder how this will effect the general election in Florida this year?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom