News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Batman'sParents

The part about relying on a singular source isn't wrong. It's the right thing to pursue economic diversification with economic industries. A good economy has a healthy mix of different industries. But Orlando/Central FL is a different case. Tourism and tourism services are the bread and butter of the region. There are different sub-contractors for all of these parks that work in different industries. By providing a stable frame of regulation for these economic powerhouses, everyone benefits. Undoing a stable frame of governance makes it less likely for investment...

Batman'sParents

Impact fees and WDW aren't a new issue. In the 1980s Orange County and WDW got into a feud over WDW not paying impact fees, particularly over the development of MGM/HS. Eventually, they all settled and WDW ended up paying a one-time fee, sort of as a replacement for the impact fee.

However, businesses in the district pay two sets of taxes to the district/cities and their counties. So, it is possible whatever they would have paid in impact fees has been made up by the dual level of taxation.

Figgy1

1708649077135.png

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree that it is difficult to walk the line between discussing a situation caused by politics, and expressing outright political views - including insulting politicians.

But many members have been able to walk that line. If posters think it is too hard, they should just not post anything.

joshwill

I agree that it is difficult to walk the line between discussing a situation caused by politics, and expressing outright political views - including insulting politicians.

But many members have been able to walk that line. If posters think it is too hard, they should just not post anything.
im really curious as to how my post crossed the line? all i did was comment that the subject of the thread itself was a political one? i did not comment on either side of the issue

BatStang2000

From the Terms Of Service for WDWMagic:
If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
and,
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation.

joshwill

From the Terms Of Service for WDWMagic:
If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
and,
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation.
Can you point me in the direction of this TOS. I’d like to see it for myself

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can you point me in the direction of this TOS. I’d like to see it for myself
Bottom of every page.

1708822715243.png

In addition to the rules delineated in the ToS, additional Moderator directions are to be obeyed, as per the ToS.

And rules-lawyering the rules will get one nowhere... A person can banned for any reason the mods/admins see fit, without having to actually explain why.

So, if one wanted to go to the ToS to find out their rights... there ain't none. This is a privately owned forum. The owner can do as they please. The only recourse is to join some other forum that fits one's preferences better, or, start their own forum.

JoeCamel

Bottom of every page.

View attachment 770125

In addition to the rules delineated in the ToS, additional Moderator directions are to be obeyed, as per the ToS.

And rules-lawyering the rules will get one nowhere... A person can banned for any reason the mods/admins see fit, without having to actually explain why.

So, if one wanted to go to the ToS to find out their rights... there ain't none. This is a privately owned forum. The owner can do as they please. The only recourse is to join some other forum that fits one's preferences better, or, start their own forum.
When did we as a society stop following rules? Seems that we question authority at every turn and don't see honor in fulfilling our part of agreements we enter into, kind of rules for thee but not for mee mentality?

I bet Tiana has an answer...... Or Louis

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom