News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
That was my take, and was interesting to hear.
I've sat in the room while another CEO from another "household name" corporation prepared statements. I'm beyond certain that Iger was not only coached by the PR team, with bullet points that were prepared and approved by both PR and compliance/legal, but also coached by some studio people as well. He did this way too well.

tissandtully

I've sat in the room while another CEO from another "household name" corporation prepared statements. I'm beyond certain that Iger was not only coached by the PR team, with bullet points that were prepared and approved by both PR and compliance/legal, but also coached by some studio people as well. He did this way too well.
He's a former broadcaster and long-time CEO, why do you think he did it too well? Dude knows how to public speak.

tissandtully

I didn't realize the broadcaster part.

It's not just about what's said, but how it's said. How he said it painted him immediately as the adult in the room.
Ah ok, I thought you were saying it was a negative that he was composed, like other posters in here.

Disone

What? Are you not familiar with Bob iger's career? He has literally been in broadcasting. He's been a CEO for over 15 years. And you can't imagine that he could actually articulate a response without a team of people coaching him? I can easily imagine it.

James Alucobond

He did give a compelling and professional response, but he undoubtedly had talking points in front of him as approved by PR and especially legal.
I'm not sure it matters how precisely the response was prepared. Preparation is indicative of good judgment and foresight. DeSantis could stand to be more prepared when questions about Disney arise as he frequently comes off as exasperated and resorts to hyperbole, which only heightens the contrast.

Wendy Pleakley

He does a very good talking about what is obviously an extremely frustrating problem. It's interesting how listening to Bob, it is all common sense. When you listen to DeSantis' comments, it is quite the opposite.

Which is why this isn't ending any time soon, short of a decisive court decision.

They're speaking to two very different audiences, and one doesn't care about sense or reasonableness.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What? Are you not familiar with Bob iger's career? He has literally been in broadcasting. He's been a CEO for over 15 years. And you can't imagine that he could actually articulate a response without a team of people coaching him? I can easily imagine it.
He absolutely has a team of people working on the earnings call scripts. They almost certainly anticipated a question related to this dispute and prepared talking points. That being said it didn’t appear to me that he was reading off the page so he’s either a really good actor or it was some hybrid of a prepared and an off the cuff comment. Either way I don’t see why it matters, he came across as the adult in the room. Iger’s response was excellent and he again outclassed and outsmarted the toddler in in the room.

Last edited:

Disone

He absolutely has a team of people working on the earnings call scripts. They almost certainly anticipated a question related to this dispute and prepared talking points. That being said it didn’t appear to me that he was reading off the page so he’s either a really good actor or it was some hybrid of a prepared and an off the cuff comment. Either way I don’t see why it matters, he came across as the adult in the room. Iger’s response was excellent and he again outclassed and outsmarted the toddler in in the room.
Thanks goof goof. I do think it's generally understood that Bob Iger is reporting out on a report that a team of people build on his behalf for the earnings call. That's not what What we are speaking to. The context is Bob iger's ability to respond to a question. I don't think it was a case of a PR team working Bob over and coaching him on how to respond to that. I believe this is something that he naturally knows how to do after his years of experience as both a broadcaster and a CEO. And let's face it to some people this just comes naturally Even without the experience that Bob has and quite honestly he is likely one of these people.

Virtual Toad

Apologies if already posted but including here for context:

And from the article, a quote from the Governor apparently from Friday:

“You can’t have a situation where the legislature has spoken and one company just decides to contract out against the will of the people,” the governor said during an interview with Newsmax on Friday. “At the end of the day, they just have to understand the party is over for them.”

peter11435

Apologies if already posted but including here for context:

And from the article, a quote from the Governor apparently from Friday:

“You can’t have a situation where the legislature has spoken and one company just decides to contract out against the will of the people,” the governor said during an interview with Newsmax on Friday. “At the end of the day, they just have to understand the party is over for them.”
He really needs to learn when to shut his mouth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom