News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks goof goof. I do think it's generally understood that Bob Iger is reporting out on a report that a team of people build on his behalf for the earnings call. That's not what What we are speaking to. The context is Bob iger's ability to respond to a question. I don't think it was a case of a PR team working Bob over and coaching him on how to respond to that. I believe this is something that he naturally knows how to do after his years of experience as both a broadcaster and a CEO. And let's face it to some people this just comes naturally Even without the experience that Bob has and quite honestly he is likely one of these people.
I think the response was his sincere opinion but I’m sure the PR and legal teams vetted what should and shouldn’t be said as a general set of guidelines. I’m sure he didn’t need to be coached on what to say, maybe just reminded what not to say.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A 4 mil + decline in D + subscribers could also have had an impact.
Yeah, that would be the biggest driver. They did narrow the loss on the streaming segment and are taking a large impairment on some cancelled stuff. Revenue went up since they raised the prices but that cost them subscribers. Still no clue what they do with Hulu either. There’s a lot of stuff that Disney needs to be concerned with. Parks isn’t one right now.

Florida Man

Does anyone know the status of Disney’s lawsuit?

And how does it work?

Does a court or judge have a certain amount of time that they have to respond to the case?

lewisc

Where are they going to build the homes? Looking at RCID landholdings there isn’t anywhere they could build a significant number of homes. The only large area of land they own are wetlands and those wetlands are outside the jurisdiction of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista so if the idea is to dismantle Disney’s control over the cities, that’s not going to work.

Furthermore, if they use eminent domain they‘d have to wait 10 years before building homes on Disney’s land.
Convert one of the DS hotels to affordable housing apartments
I did not realize they de-annexed Celebration. Interesting point.
Also de-annexed Golden Oaks.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Does anyone know the status of Disney’s lawsuit?

And how does it work?

Does a court or judge have a certain amount of time that they have to respond to the case?
Suits are filed, defendants have been summoned, they have a certain amount of time to respond.

In Disney vs DeSantis in federal court, the defendants have 21 days from receipt of service to respond.

In CFTOD v Disney in state court, Disney has 20 days from receipt of service to respond.

SamusAranX

What I wanna know if the original RCID agreement allowed airport development, will Disney ever do it? Maybe a pipe dream but you could imagine an on-site airport with busses, skyliner, etc access right in WDW? A guy can dream right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A 4 mil + decline in D + subscribers could also have had an impact.
Those 4M subs lost are from Hotstar in India in which the average sub cost per person is 50 cents.

The "core" subs (outside of India) when *up*. They're the ones paying $5-$8 per sub.

That's why the deficit of D+ when *down* even though losing those 4M subs in India.

For more on this:

mightynine

What I wanna know if the original RCID agreement allowed airport development, will Disney ever do it? Maybe a pipe dream but you could imagine an on-site airport with busses, skyliner, etc access right in WDW? A guy can dream right?

They wouldn’t do it now, as MCO has greatly expanded since ‘71.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Disney did for a brief while very early. The airport code was WDS, and it was STOLPort, next to the Magic Parking Lot. Here's a sample brochure of some flights that were previously offered there:

(McCoy Jetport is what's now Orlando International Airport or MCO, and Orlando-Herndon is what's now Orlando Executive Airport or ORL)

1683768444738.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They had an “airport“ for a little while. It wasn’t much more than a landing strip, but it did exist until the 80s. 2 airlines flew little prop planes from Orlando and Tampa to the airport.

lazyboy97o

They don’t really have the space now. The area where the airport was sited in the original master plan was where Celebration is now located. It would have been a convenient location as a jet fuel pipeline does run right next door along I-4.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
“I’m proud to reintroduce my bill, the Airlines Independent of Restrictions (AIR) Act, in the 118th Congress to revoke Disney’s special no-fly zone privileges,” said Congressman Nehls. “Theme parks like Disney should not receive special treatment just because they are well-connected. Our national security should not be compromised to fit the needs of one corporation.”​
How, in even the wildest contortions of reality, could a no-fly zone over Disney parks be considered to compromise our national security? It’s not like the castle turrets are hiding SAM batteries.

Right? 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom