News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Vegas Disney Fan

Incumbents take the blame when things are bad and things are bad.

In my opinion, the Disney fight is not what’s going to kill DeSantis’ chances.

The economy is always #1, and whoever is in charge gets the credit/blame whether they had any influence on it or not.

If we are in a recession next year this Disney feud will likely mean next to nothing for most voters.

Sir_Cliff

Polling bears out that many conservatives aren't on Disney's side.​
A University of Northern Florida poll in March showed both Ron DeSantis and Disney held overall favorability at 50% and 52%, respectively, among all respondents. Among Republicans, however, DeSantis’ favorability shot up to 87% and Disney’s dropped to 27%.​
In Florida.
An Ipsos/Reuters poll in late April found that 64% of those surveyed believed DeSantis was punishing Disney for free speech. But again, the responses split along party lines, with independents and Democrats siding with Disney. Among Republicans polled, 64% said DeSantis was rightfully rolling back special treatment for the company.​
Having 64% of your target audience agree with your argument doesn't seem like a great number for an issue that is coming to define you.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've been peeking at twitter, and I've noticed there's more pro DeSantis tweets at night on the east coast while more pro Disney tweets during daytime on the east coast.

Clearly there's bots involved on one side or the other, or both.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Some pacer uploads popped up tonight

Attachments

• 4-23-cv-00163-MW-MJF Document 26.pdf
    184.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 25-1.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 173
  • 25-2.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 134
  • 25-main.pdf
    553.4 KB · Views: 124

Stripes

Premium Member
Source: https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ney-world-governments-district-administrator/

Sounds like the dude's close to retirement anyway and just wants to keep his health insurance.
Looks like Classe is being phased out. "Special advisor" likely means just keeping him on the payroll to ease the transition.

Some background on the new District Administrator: https://www.cful.org/glenton_gilzean_jr, https://nul.org/news/magic-diversity-game-changer-glenton-gilzean-jr
Classe is still City Manager for Lake Buena Vista. I wonder if LBV keeps him given the Disney lawsuit. Truly unfortunate that he was caught up in this mess.

MrPromey

If you go back to the very beginning of this thread... people were like zOMG why isn't Disney fighting? Why aren't they saying anything? Where is Disney?

They've been consistent throughout... they weren't looking to have a public cat-fight but instead were playing a power game of calculated moves... not noisey rethoric or feet stomping. Disney has stayed true to that path all along.. and I expect them to keep doing it as well. They have a business to run and will be very keen to avoid disruptions to that.. including disruptions of their own making through public action.

You don't counter a out of control loudmouth by trying to shout louder. You build from a rock the loudmouth can't displace you from with just noise. Disney is playing with a cool hand.. something that seems to just keep DeSantis going harder and harder.. which plays in their favor in the real court.
It's like Carl Sandburg said:

"If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

He was joking but I think DeSantis took it as sage advice.

Disney is definitely handling this the right way.

Last edited:

JKick95

A few details on the new contracts for Classe and Gilzean (there are 2 Tweets in each after the first one).

Was Classe paid $400,000? I don’t understand all the details of what this job entails, but that seems like way too much money…

Also the the president of the United States makes about $400,000. I have a strange feeling the president has more responsibilities.

Last edited:

JohnD

Was Classe paid $400,000? I don’t understand all the details of what this job entails, but that seems like way too much money…

Also the the president of the United States makes about $400,000. I have a strange feeling the president has more responsibilities.
In the state General Appropriations Act (GAA), the appropriated salaries for the Governor and Chief Justice are less than $400,000. The Chief Justice actually makes more than the Governor. For comparison, the Chief Justice is appropriated approximately $250,000.

I agree it's a lot. Does anyone know the salary of the current administrator?

Last edited:

scottieRoss

Reading both the Non-Disclosure and Non-disparagement clauses, I see again the wanton disregard for the First Amendment by both the CFTOD and the state in general. I guess when you start out everything by violating the First Amendment then further First Amendment violations just seem so much easier. The slippery slope has begun sliding.

tissandtully

Reading both the Non-Disclosure and Non-disparagement clauses, I see again the wanton disregard for the First Amendment by both the CFTOD and the state in general. I guess when you start out everything by violating the First Amendment then further First Amendment violations just seem so much easier. The slippery slope has begun sliding.
Along with the governor wanting to hide his travel records. Yeah, it’s not looking good.

seascape

It is too much money. Also who is going to pay him after Disney wins the case? If the CFTOD is supposed to still pay it, it is another example of financial harm to Disney and the other taxpayers in the district. The Board if spending like drunken sailors and needs to be stopped. I wouldn't be shocked if Didney files another update to it's case asking for an immediate injunction because of all the spending and liabilities being placed on Disney and others.

MrPromey

In the state General Appropriations Act (GAA), the appropriated salaries for the Governor and Chief Justice are less than $400,000. The Chief Justice actually makes more than the Governor. For comparison, the Chief Justice is appropriated approximately $250,000.

I agree it's a lot. Does anyone know the salary of the current administrator?
They have to find some "legitimate" way to spend all that money they plan to get out of Disney.

Now they just create crony-based expenses to justify it.

Sure - why not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom