News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
What is Classe being paid to stay on as an “advisor”?
Because that's how people who only know politics, but not government or law, give money to their friends. It's pretty common where I lived at before.

For an example, one kid I went to undergrad #2 with in PR - an absolute moron who graduated with a C average - got contracts for image advising, since he was friendly with the island's conservative party. He received $125k/yr for four years on an island where the average annual salary is closer to $20k, for a contract that only required 20 hours of work per month.

All while still freelancing on the side.

And after being mentioned in the infamous chats that caused islandwide protests in 2019 that led the governor to resign.

Oh, and I also believe he still has contracts.

This is why what has subsequently happened in Disney vs DeSantis fight hasn't shocked me: because I've seen this game play out before with different players. This is a power grab to look good on a bigger scale while simultaneously being a grift for those he owes favors to.

GimpYancIent

Because that's how people who only know politics, but not government or law, give money to their friends. It's pretty common where I lived at before.

For an example, one kid I went to undergrad #2 with in PR - an absolute moron who graduated with a C average - got contracts for image advising, since he was friendly with the island's conservative party. He received $125k/yr for four years on an island where the average annual salary is closer to $20k, for a contract that only required 20 hours of work per month.

All while still freelancing on the side.

And after being mentioned in the infamous chats that caused islandwide protests in 2019 that led the governor to resign.

Oh, and I also believe he still has contracts.

This is why what has subsequently happened in Disney vs DeSantis fight hasn't shocked me: because I've seen this game play out before with different players. This is a power grab to look good on a bigger scale while simultaneously being a grift for those he owes favors to.
🍿

pdude81

No, I know that’s what they do. But I’m wondering what they’re paying Classe for his “advisor” position which with this group I’m pretty sure us either extortion or a bribe.

Also don’t forget DeSantis’ college roommate (or the guy’s firm at least) is one of CFTOD’s lawyers. They’re not being subtle at all.
I would assume they are going to pay Classe whatever he was being paid before, to more or less to do the same job, since he has the necessary knowledge and experience. I'm not sure if he was at-will or under contract before, which would speak to their options. New guy will make much more money to make clear who is in charge

JAB

It is too much money. Also who is going to pay him after Disney wins the case? If the CFTOD is supposed to still pay it, it is another example of financial harm to Disney and the other taxpayers in the district. The Board if spending like drunken sailors and needs to be stopped. I wouldn't be shocked if Didney files another update to it's case asking for an immediate injunction because of all the spending and liabilities being placed on Disney and others.
If Disney wins on all issues, then CFTOD doesn't exist - everything rolls back to RCID, so I would guess any contracts they entered into (including his job offer) would be declared unenforceable at the least, and they'd no longer be obligated to continue paying his salary.

Your question about what happens with what CFTOD spends during the interim is interesting, though. Will Disney now try to expedite an injunction to prevent CFTOD from over spending? If they win, can Disney sue to get back any salary that was paid to him (or any other egregiously frivolous spending done by CFTOD) while the case was being decided, since he should never have been hired in the first place, or are they simply happy to move on and consider it part of the cost of returning to RCID?

EPCOT-O.G.

Classe was paid 332k in 2021

Weird. Rubber stamps only cost $12 at Staples

1683640699881.png

StaceyH_SD

I looked at Classe’s contract that’s attached to tomorrow’s meeting agenda. He’s going to be paid the same salary he’s making now which they don’t specify. His contract is for 1 year with a 1 year extension option.

mmascari

I agree, IF the Reps are smart enough to put forth a moderate Rep (they aren’t)
What makes you think there are any of those to select from?

There's some that might fit that category, but they all have one of two possible flaws.
1 - They came out as moderate and pushed back on some crazy position. They've all be called RINO now, not really Reps and hence will not be a national candidate.
2 - They're not willing to come out and push back on some crazy position. This makes them cowardly followers and not leaders, and hence will not be a national candidate.

Just look at Romney, nobody would describe him as left of anything and he has both of those flaws.

There is no moderate Rep left. The rest of the party is systematically expelling them. Change in leadership and direction, hostile takeover, ebbing and flowing of party position. However you want to describe it, the party today has shifted.

If that's good or bad depends on who you ask. Using the power of the state to punish a dissenter like Disney appears to be the new party position today.

mmascari

As some may have figured out by now, I'm a Republican but if he announces for President he's going to have to answer this question which would be of more concern in the primary: How do you square being against weaponizing the government at the Federal level but seem okay with it at the state level?
Is that even a position of the party?

The answer is and has always been that it is fine when they do it and bad when the other guy does it.

They might dress it up with some excuses like when the executive and the majority legislature is the same or some other rational. But, it all boils down to the first. It's totally fine when it's for them and not when it's for someone else.

Just look at all the posts here justifying that removing RCID is completely fine because of all these imaginary issues with RCID that they cannot exactly point to but they heard about and have a kernel of literal truth in the words but mean the opposite if you really look, so don't look to closely. It's all fine, because their guy did it not the other guy.

tissandtully

What makes you think there are any of those to select from?

There's some that might fit that category, but they all have one of two possible flaws.
1 - They came out as moderate and pushed back on some crazy position. They've all be called RINO now, not really Reps and hence will not be a national candidate.
2 - They're not willing to come out and push back on some crazy position. This makes them cowardly followers and not leaders, and hence will not be a national candidate.

Just look at Romney, nobody would describe him as left of anything and he has both of those flaws.

There is no moderate Rep left. The rest of the party is systematically expelling them. Change in leadership and direction, hostile takeover, ebbing and flowing of party position. However you want to describe it, the party today has shifted.

If that's good or bad depends on who you ask. Using the power of the state to punish a dissenter like Disney appears to be the new party position today.
Scary stuff.

DCBaker

Premium Member
In the full BOS Package for the Board of Supervisors meeting tomorrow, you'll find more details about the public hearing for these items in the attached file.
  1. 10.1 Resolution No. 641 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING LOBBYIST RULES AND REGULATIONS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
  2. 10.2 Resolution No. 642 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING THE ENFORCEMENT CITATION PROGRAM, A SPECIAL MAGISTRATE POSITION AND APPEAL PROCEDURES; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
  3. 10.3 Resolution No. 643 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING THE FLORIDA FIRE PREVENTION CODE AND CREATING REGULATIONS CONCERNING FALSE ALARMS AND ENFORCEMENT MECHANISMS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

Resolution No. 641 begins on page 156
Resolution No. 642 begins on page 164
Resolution No. 643 begins on page 184

Here's a link to the full package.

Attachments

• 2023-05-10-CFTOD-BOS-Package-3-FINAL.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Stripes

It is too much money. Also who is going to pay him after Disney wins the case? If the CFTOD is supposed to still pay it, it is another example of financial harm to Disney and the other taxpayers in the district. The Board if spending like drunken sailors and needs to be stopped. I wouldn't be shocked if Didney files another update to it's case asking for an immediate injunction because of all the spending and liabilities being placed on Disney and others.
The board is not accountable to anyone but the governor. They can spend taxpayer dollars and bankrupt businesses with higher tax rates without worrying about any repercussions.

Surferboy567

In the full BOS Package for the Board of Supervisors meeting tomorrow, you'll find more details about the public hearing for these items in the attached file.
  1. 10.1 Resolution No. 641 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING LOBBYIST RULES AND REGULATIONS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
  2. 10.2 Resolution No. 642 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING THE ENFORCEMENT CITATION PROGRAM, A SPECIAL MAGISTRATE POSITION AND APPEAL PROCEDURES; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
  3. 10.3 Resolution No. 643 - A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING THE FLORIDA FIRE PREVENTION CODE AND CREATING REGULATIONS CONCERNING FALSE ALARMS AND ENFORCEMENT MECHANISMS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

Resolution No. 641 begins on page 156
Resolution No. 642 begins on page 164
Resolution No. 643 begins on page 184

Here's a link to the full package.
#2 seems like an important part here. Can anyone explain more in detail but seems like a new way to punish.

Is this “Enforcement Citation Program” normal? I have never heard of such a thing.

Stripes

#2 seems like an important part here. Can anyone explain more in detail but seems like a new way to punish.

Is this “Enforcement Citation Program” normal? I have never heard of such a thing.
It’s basically establishing fines for violations of the fire code and false alarm responses.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start charging guests for ambulances next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom