News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Tha Realest

I'm surprised Georgia didn't get in on the cruise line game. The southern shore of GA is just 30 minutes from Jacksonville Airport and 5 minutes from I95.
Because they don’t want them?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They literally just announced $17B of investment in FL.
Wait.

Wait wait wait.

We're all playing along with that "announcement" like it was sincere, and not a negotiating chip in this whole saga? Are you kidding me? That announcement was obviously a PR stunt for Iger to come out and say "look at me, I'm a grand hero who wants to invest in the parks and create jobs and that mean bully DeSantis won't let me. Darn, I guess I can't spend all of those billions of dollars I wanted to spend."

RamblinWreck

This isn’t exactly new, but in light of Disney’s recently filed federal lawsuit and DeSantis now likely trying to separate the actions of the legislature from his own as a defense… this quote seems particularly problematic for him.

Blaise Ingoglia (Florida Senate) “I know this governor and I know this governor well. I have a couple words for Disney, you are not going to win this fight. This governor will.

Not a good look.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I said 'South Georgia.' Not the most Northern shore of Georgia.

And Savannah isn't the same as 'all of Georgia.'

Just because one town says 'no' to cruise lines, doesn't mean all the other towns will as well.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Along with all the hurdles mentioned here about Disney moving parts out of Florida, I think it also comes down to potentially only being a temporary solution. We’ve witnessed the swing from friendly to hostile in Florida. If it holds in Florida, why couldn’t the same happen elsewhere? Disney needs to tackle at the source, nip in the bud.

Surferboy567

This isn’t exactly new, but in light of Disney’s recently filed federal lawsuit and DeSantis now likely trying to separate the actions of the legislature from his own as a defense… this quote seems particularly problematic for him.

Blaise Ingoglia (Florida Senate) “I know this governor and I know this governor well. I have a couple words for Disney, you are not going to win this fight. This governor will.

Not a good look.
I’d wager a guess that once the Discovery process starts up, Disney will find discussions that will make this look tame.

lazyboy97o

Georgia has about 100 miles of Atlantic coast. There’s a lot more room than just Savannah.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You're aware that the overwhelming majority of voters in the state of Florida did not vote to keep him in office, right?
But those who got off their behinds and voted did...and that is what counts. That is who you want to appeal to. The ones likely to vote...

Let me add in a disclaimer that this post doesn't endorse what he has done before someone has a meltdown.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wait.

Wait wait wait.

We're all playing along with that "announcement" like it was sincere, and not a negotiating chip in this whole saga? Are you kidding me? That announcement was obviously a PR stunt for Iger to come out and say "look at me, I'm a grand hero who wants to invest in the parks and create jobs and that mean bully DeSantis won't let me. Darn, I guess I can't spend all of those billions of dollars I wanted to spend."
How much did Disney spend over the last 10 years in FL? Why would $17B over 10 years seem like a PR stunt? @ParentsOf4 probably has a chart or something.

MrPromey

But those who got off their behinds and voted did...and that is what counts. That is who you want to appeal to. The ones likely to vote...

Let me add in a disclaimer that this post doesn't endorse what he has done before someone has a meltdown.
You were saying appealing to >51% of your voters and in this case, nearly half of voters didn't actually vote.

Intentional or not, it supports the lie he likes to spout about the will of the people.

Not trying to call you out but this guy being popular in our state is a myth.

I don't think it's that unusual at state and federal level elections for things to play out similarly but when someone tries to sell it as a blank check to do whatever they want by saying it's what I and every other constituent wants, I feel compelled to call BS.

For what it's worth, I've seen major party leaders on both sides famously tote that or the "mandate" line multiple times over the last 15-20 years and it drives me crazy when any of them pull that.

It's a lie, plain and simple.

While to many in the public, that may seem like a simple error in judgement/words and calling it a lie may sound harsh, these guys follow the numbers enough to be critically aware of the truth.

It's no accident or misstatement - they know full well they're lying when the say it.

Last edited:

WDWHero

Not a good look.
Sounds like a cult

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed. But some in this thread seem convinced it is a realistic possibility.
I haven’t seen a single post where anyone here said Disney only wants to invest in solidly blue states except yours.

3F896D7C-9E8D-41D5-AAB1-F09B5664ADDC.jpeg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You were saying appealing to >51% of your voters and in this case, most voters didn't actually vote.

Intentional or not, it supports the lie he likes to spout about the will of the people.

Not trying to call you out but this guy being popular in our state is a myth.

I don't think it's that unusual at state and federal level elections for things to play out similarly but when someone tries to sell it as a blank check to do whatever they want by saying it's what I and every other constituent wants I feel compelled to call BS.

For what it's worth, I've seen major party leaders tote that or the "mandate" line multiple times over the last 15-20 year and it drives me crazy when any of them try to pull that.

It's a lie, plain and simple.
I agree that the mandate line is overused by politicians...and is BS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom