News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

He doesn't need that vote while it's a field of 10 because those people are always going to be more anti-Trump than pro-DeSantis.

Phase 1: Get through the early debates as the clear #2. This is about name ID more than anything else. It's "no press is bad press" time.

Phase 2: Other non-Trump candidates drop out after failing to crack double-digit support in the early primaries.

Phase 3: Consolidate normieCon and #NeverTrump support and pray that it's bigger than 50%.

Phase 4: Absorb incoming fire from Trump, which will have the benefit of making DeSantis appear reasonable by comparison in preparation for a pivot in the General.

Phase 5: Pray that Trump doesn't go nuclear with a third party campaign.
Seems like a real stretch. The moment he declares its going to be like running into a buzz saw with Trump. If he says nothing he will appear "Weak" if he insults Trump in any way he loses the MAGA people forever.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Sorry, doesn’t move the needle for me if you’re upset about your timeshare but not the other policies the governor is enacting.
But it will move the needle for the donor class and likely key influence makers in conservative circles.

Whether they admit it or not, if they feel like Wall Street Journal reading/Fox watching traditionally right-leaning economic minded voters are tiring of this drama many of his followers will start to defect as we’re seeing cracks in the legislature.

Last edited by a moderator:

mf1972

so CFTOD is going to counter sue disney…
IMG_3551.gif

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of course he is...because no matter how one may try to interpret what he said, in different contexts...it is a ridiculous statement that he will want to distance himself from. But of course, receipts....
Better course would be to apologize rather than pretend it never occurred, IMO.
Following the Orange guy’s playbook….. never say you are sorry

Last edited:

truthfulchat

And what did those taxes do? Paid for municipal services (roads, electricty, waste management, EMS, etc). In addition, Disney pays county property taxes to Orange and Osceola and whatever business taxes they’re required to pay to the state.
Wrong. All the taxes, local, county and state went back to them. Under the Reedy Creek District all went to them. It's on the old Reedy Creek District official website

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's easy for us to discuss this after the fact, but I do wonder, if Disney had a DeLorean time machine (I know, wrong franchise) and could have seen how the statement would have triggered the gov., maybe they would had done things differently.

But I get it, TWDC is doing business in the "we have no choice" mindset a lot in recent times.
You sorta get it.

I’m saying the minute the “sleeping mob” decided more restrictions/backward type policies “sold”…Disney was in conflict from them no matter who the management was.

And they’re definitely the “victim” in this.

This is a slam dunk case of open retribution by idiots.

…and a reminder: this is ME saying this 😳

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Following the Orange guy’s playbook….. ever say you are sorry
ehh...that is the playbook of most politicians...but point taken. Don't disagree.

Of course, there is also a piece in there that the people you're apologizing to will never accept it anyways. Not saying that is an excuse in this situation. He should definitely apologize..or already should have.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wrong. All the taxes, local, county and state went back to them. Under the Reedy Creek District all went to them. It's on the old Reedy Creek District official website
You’re not following…wdw is 43 square miles….it’s a county on its own!!
They pay for it out of the reedy creek funds.
It’s not paying for college programmers to dress up like stitch.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
This one is so easily proven wrong that it's hilarious.

You can go to the Orange Count Tax Collector's website right now and check out the tax bill for any part of Disney property, where it will show you where their their tax payments are routed to.

peter11435

Dude. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Like at all.

Any county and state taxes went to the county and state. Only taxes collected by RCID go to RCID. Taxes collected by RCID go to municipal infrastructure and services in the district.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not saying anyone should feel sad for him. Just saying that this happens to any and everyone in public office regardless of how "good" they are.
I don’t disagree. You couldn’t pay me to run for office these days. I think we need better stalking laws in this country. Nothing that ties up the courts just a simple rule like if you call someone to harass them they can punch you in the nose. 1 punch, no weapons,, no arrests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom