News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GrumpyFan

Yet another saying Disney has a good chance of winning this.

Whatever the outcome, these actions set an incredibly sinister precedent of using the government and all its might to attack businesses for merely expressing beliefs in contrast to the ruling party of where they operate. That’s not how free, capitalist countries operate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why am I not surprised
The weird Barney Fife vibe didn’t tip you off?
1682961463669.jpeg

Smiley/OCD

That would be a large escalation by Disney. As generally risk adverse and more politically neutral, I do not expect to see Disney do this.

However, from the outside where I don't have to worry about any repercussions or running a business, it would be interesting to see.

At some point, the existential threat will overcome the risk aversion. Combined with a question of general timing to the calendar. When that happens, it's not like Disney has the resources of a multi national mega corporation and multiple media outlets that can be leveraged directly against a political figure to show them in a bad light. Wait, it's exactly that, and they have chosen not to so far.
Maybe they could put that giant LED billboard on the building on I Drive to good use…lol

MrPromey

But it will move the needle for the donor class and likely key influence makers in conservative circles. DeSantis and his cronies are less receptive to hear a message from folks that says “you all are bigots and always have been, I hate you, yada yada.”

Whether they admit it or not, if they feel like Wall Street Journal reading/Fox watching traditionally right-leaning economic minded voters are tiring of this drama many of his followers will start to defect as we’re seeing cracks in the legislature.
This is straight out of the Robert B. Cialdini classic.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to reporting they will be discussing the lawsuit among other things. I can’t see how discussing the lawsuit is a good idea for them at this point but it should be entertaining.

Discussion:

"We have instructed counsel to review our options in response to the lawsuit The Walt Disney Corporation filed against members of the OCTOD Board of Supervisors in the Northern District of Florida on April 26, 2023. Per counsel, we will make no comments regarding the pending litigation at this time."

That SHOULD be the discussion. But I'm sure some on the Board won't be able to keep their mouths shut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom