News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Unbanshee

Disstevefan1

It DOES NOT MATTER if it's "smart" or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Retaliation for speech should NEVER happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, let’s keep doing the smart thing out of this ;)

I agree the gov did was wrong, all I am saying there were smarter ways of getting things done here.

As subsequent post will show, maybe this was all in the plan for the politicians and lawyers to make money.

There is the smart way, and there is a way to make money from a situation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see what you mean. There was never any attempt discuss this or work behind the scenes because BOTH sides WANTED the circus to come to town in order to raise money on BOTH sides.

This is perfectly logical. What is happening now makes perfect sense now.

The winners? The politicians and the lawyers.

Wait a minute, the politicians and the lawyers are always the winners ;)
There’s no “both sides” here…

At least not the way you’re making it seem.

This will probably - rightfully - get washed. But Disney had no choice but to speak on this…
Disney, it’s products and it’s parks have long been a haven for LGB (i’m old…I get to use whatever acronym I want because I fought for equality decades ago when it wasn’t accepted and the persecution was inhuman and tortuous…because we’re all built with similar dna…so I’m “crusader emeritus “) persons to live their life.

Wdw - in particular - has long been a safe zone. That not the modern, cynicism political phrase that’s become…I mean a legitimate place where people could breathe in safety.

So chapek messed up because he probably had no idea how ingrained Disney and wdw Was with that demographic…then he messed up and ham handed it.

But it’s not “we want politics” by Disney in Florida. Their actually identity is under attack by a dying breed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m certain that’s @seascape !

@seascape Thank you for standing up for what’s right!
Gordon Ramsay GIF by National Geographic Channel

JAB

Blogmickey article says to "uphold and enforce the Board’s April 26th, 2023 legislative findings"

They’re moving forward with challanging the land development agreement and restrictive covenants.

To what end? They've already "declared" the agreements void and will soon have extra legislative authority to back them up, so unless Disney gets an injunction, there's no need to sue to void the contracts, and if Disney does get a federal injunction, the state suit is irrelevant. It's ridiculously pointless.

RamblinWreck

Translation: I was for the governor’s bigoted culture war until he monkeyed with my Disney timeshare.

Psh, so sad.
Maybe.

I don’t like to make assumptions like that.

You don’t know how informed he was/is about every topic, or which matters are important to him.

There are a lot of people that were buying the hype about DeSantis being a more palatable alternative to Trump before they knew much about him.

Now there are… less of those people.

Whatever it takes to open someone’s eyes, I’m just glad they were opened.

lazyboy97o

To what end? They've already "declared" the agreements void and will soon have extra legislative authority to back them up, so unless Disney gets an injunction, there's no need to sue to void the contracts, and if Disney does get a federal injunction, the state suit is irrelevant. It's ridiculously pointless.
They don’t actually have the authority to declare the contracts void. They were already talking about having to get a court to agree, which means the claim that they didn’t want to sue and were not going to sue is just another lie on the pile of lies.

Disstevefan1

There’s no “both sides” here…

At least not the way you’re making it seem.

This will probably - rightfully - get washed. But Disney had no choice but to speak on this…
Disney, it’s products and it’s parks have long been a haven for LGB (i’m old…I get to use whatever acronym I want because I fought for equality decades ago when it wasn’t accepted and the persecution was inhuman and tortuous…because we’re all built with similar dna…so I’m “crusader emeritus “) persons to live their life.

Wdw - in particular - has long been a safe zone. That not the modern, cynicism political phrase that’s become…I mean a legitimate place where people could breathe in safety.

So chapek messed up because he probably had no idea how ingrained Disney and wdw Was with that demographic…then he messed up and ham handed it.

But it’s not “we want politics” by Disney in Florida. Their actually identity is under attack by a dying breed.
It's easy for us to discuss this after the fact, but I do wonder, if Disney had a DeLorean time machine (I know, wrong franchise) and could have seen how the statement would have triggered the gov., maybe they would had done things differently.

But I get it, TWDC is doing business in the "we have no choice" mindset a lot in recent times.

lazyboy97o

We might be heading towards a bit of a constitutional crisis. It’s hard not to believe that any state-level ruling will be used to ignore any federal-injunctions and or rulings as a state matter. DeSantis recently announced his intent to violate his responsibilities under the US Constitution and federal law regarding another matter, would he be willing to actually do it with this matter?

Vegas Disney Fan

Translation: I was for the governor’s bigoted culture war until he monkeyed with my Disney timeshare.

Psh, so sad.
That’s a gigantic leap, he said he has places in FL, NJ, and NY… it’s more likely his support was based on financial reasons than social issues.

Supporting a politician doesn’t mean you support everything they do, you just support them more than the other side. His world is NJ, NY, and FL, it isn’t surprising he’d see (or saw) FL as a free state compared to the other states he deals with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom