News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Chip Chipperson

Bay lake is the “fourth resort”?

How you figure? The lack of food or the lack of housekeeping?

Did they disconnect the bridge?
I think the semantics of 3 resorts or 4 resorts is ultimately inconsequential. It's a lot of people inconvenienced either way. If the State decides to have frequent inspections during operating hours, it would likely deter some people from paying the premium "Monorail resort" prices - and if they're inclined to book higher quality rooms they may decide that staying at a non-Disney resort is preferable to booking a moderate or deluxe resort further away from MK. How many empty rooms would actually result from all of that is debatable since there are often more people trying to book those 3 resorts than there are available rooms anyway, but it would be a bad look and incredibly stupid decision for the State to mess with tourists in that way as some sort of punishment for Disney.

JAB

Bay Lake is the 4th resort. And the boats for GF/Poly are small.

You seem to forget that the monorail resorts don't have buses going to Epcot.
You edited your post to add this text after I responded to it. 😒

To address your additional points...

Your original assertion is that losing the monorail would be a "cluster." Would transportation to/from MK be slower and/or less convenient for some resort guests? Probably. But there's enough alternative options that I still don't see how it's enough of a logistical nightmare to warrant being called a "cluster."

As for Epcot; there's already park bus infrastructure from the monorail resorts with routes to AK and HS, and Disney manages to add bus service to both Epcot and HS for the Skyliner resorts (which have significantly more guests than the monorail resorts) when that goes down, so I think they would manage just fine having to add a bus route to Epcot if the monorail went out of service.

So do I think there's zero impact if the monorails shut down? Of course not. I just don't think it becomes a "cluster" for Disney if the state decides to push things that far.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You edited your post to add this text after I responded to it. 😒

To address your additional points...

Your original assertion is that losing the monorail would be a "cluster." Would transportation to/from MK be slower and/or less convenient for some resort guests? Probably. But there's enough alternative options that I still don't see how it's enough of a logistical nightmare to warrant being called a "cluster."

As for Epcot; there's already park bus infrastructure from the monorail resorts with routes to AK and HS, and Disney manages to add bus service to both Epcot and HS for the Skyliner resorts (which have significantly more guests than the monorail resorts) when that goes down, so I think they would manage just fine having to add a bus route to Epcot if the monorail went out of service.

So do I think there's zero impact if the monorails shut down? Of course not. I just don't think it becomes a "cluster" for Disney if the state decides to push things that far.

🙄

Stripes

Premium Member
If the board’s legal allegations are true, the contracts are not gonna hold up. At this point, I believe most of the claims are true.

Frankly, Disney would probably be better off suing the state for retaliation at this point as opposed to defending the contracts.

Kamikaze

If the board’s legal allegations are true, the contracts are not gonna hold up. At this point, I believe most of the claims are true.

Frankly, Disney would probably be better off suing the state for retaliation at this point as opposed to defending the contracts.
And why do you believe those claims are true? Do you have any evidence that wasn't just what was said at the meeting?
Thanks Mike, I'll hang up and listen.

Stripes

Premium Member
And why do you believe those claims are true? Do you have any evidence that wasn't just what was said at the meeting?
Thanks Mike, I'll hang up and listen.
Because I get the sense that the governments didn’t cross their Ts and dot their Is.

Take the requirement that Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista were supposed to have one of their public hearings after 5pm when they adopted the ordinance amending the land development regulations. Now there was a simple fix for this. A majority of the city’s board of supervisors could have voted to hold it at another time. But that vote never happened.

Now, only a person that should have been noticed can challenge compliance with this requirement. Unknown whether that will happen. But still. A simple vote would’ve completely satisfied that requirement but it didn’t happen.

Do I know for sure whether the claims are true? Not yet. But, I don’t get the sense that RCID/BL/LBV made sure that this was done in full compliance with the law.

peter11435

What allegation?

The only allegation that could be concerning is the failure to mail notices. But they would have to first show that there are other affected landowners requiring notice, they would then also need to prove that those landowners weren’t noticed. And then there is the question of standing and how such an oversight would be addressed by a judge.

I see no reason at the point to believe their claim over Disneys. Neither has provided any more evidence than the other.

Chi84

Premium Member

It might be better to wait for Disney's response before making that prediction. It's amazing how much one's perspective can change upon hearing the other side.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It might be better to wait for Disney's response before making that prediction. It's amazing how much one's perspective can change upon hearing the other side.

Agree. Other than Bob Iger's comments last week, Disney has been relatively mute about the situation. Going about its business while the other side continues to make negative comments and threats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom