News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Would the state proposal give Disney standing to sue the state? They wouldn’t be the ones acting to void the contract, the District would be doing that.
I thought one of the amendments was to void any contract made prior to a certain date, or am I not remembering that correctly? I also thought that the amendment giving them the ability to review and void a contract was part of a different amendment, wasn't it? So hard to keep track of what they are doing.

Dranth

"Eliminate the social safety net for poor people with bona fide disabilities who are unable to work" is not a mainstream position taken by any politician or political party. Nobody has suggested any such thing. Ever.
No, but many of them assume a large number of the people who are using it are frauds and faking or just lazy and then use that to "scare" people into thinking the whole thing is a disaster that must be gutted.

Chip Chipperson

Would the state proposal give Disney standing to sue the state? They wouldn’t be the ones acting to void the contract, the District would be doing that.
I would think so, since getting g the law itself declared unconstitutional would negate the Board's ability to void it. I suppose it's possible that the Board would try to fall back on its other arguments for voiding the contract, though, so Disney may end up having to fight it on both fronts anyway. I'm sure that's exactly what the governor and his cronies want - to make it as difficult and expensive as possible for Disney. Even if both the State and Board lose, he'll convince himself that he won by creating the headache in the first place.

JAB

However, pushing 4 resorts to buses will be a cluster.
Four resorts? The only resorts on the monorail loop are Contempo, GF, and Poly. FW & WL already use buses along with water taxis. In addition, GF and Poly also have water taxi docks. So the only place buses would be an absolute necessity would be Contempo, but then only for those unable or unwilling to walk the very short distance to MK. Transportation from the resorts to parks other than MK is already done by bus.

Not to say they wouldn't add buses, but those buses wouldn't be shouldering the entire load of getting every monorail resort guest to MK. I just don't think it would be the "cluster" you or the government think it would.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Four resorts? The only resorts on the monorail loop are Contempo, GF, and Poly. FW & WL already use buses along with water taxis. In addition, GF and Poly also have water taxi docks. So the only place buses would be an absolute necessity would be Contempo, but then only for those unable or unwilling to walk the very short distance to MK. Transportation from the resorts to parks other than MK is already done by bus.

Not to say they wouldn't add buses, but those buses wouldn't be shouldering the entire load of getting every monorail resort guest to MK. I just don't think it would be the "cluster" you or the government think it would.

Bay Lake is the 4th resort. And the boats for GF/Poly are small.

You seem to forget that the monorail resorts don't have buses going to Epcot.

lazyboy97o

I would think so, since getting g the law itself declared unconstitutional would negate the Board's ability to void it. I suppose it's possible that the Board would try to fall back on its other arguments for voiding the contract, though, so Disney may end up having to fight it on both fronts anyway. I'm sure that's exactly what the governor and his cronies want - to make it as difficult and expensive as possible for Disney. Even if both the State and Board lose, he'll convince himself that he won by creating the headache in the first place.
But it’s also sort of like other recent legislation in Florida and elsewhere because of the way it shifts the actions of enforcement away from the state itself. The harm isn’t caused by the law itself, it’s caused by the actions of the board.

JAB

You need to consider it in the number of guests. It's not a small DVC resort. And it's a separate resort.
The full name is "Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort" 🤷‍♂️

Regardless... you're focusing on the semantics of what is or isn't a resort and completely ignoring the point I made that, for most guests of the Contemporary (including those at BLT), the 10-minute walk to MK would be a perfectly viable option. If given the choice between a short walk, or standing around waiting for a bus, which do think most guests would choose? I really don't see how loss of the monorail would be as disruptive as you seem to think it would be. There has been monorail downtime before, and they've managed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The full name is "Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort" 🤷‍♂️

Regardless... you're focusing on the semantics of what is or isn't a resort and completely ignoring the point I made that, for most guests of the Contemporary (including those at BLT), the 10-minute walk to MK would be a perfectly viable option. If given the choice between a short walk, or standing around waiting for a bus, which do think most guests would choose? I really don't see how loss of the monorail would be as disruptive as you seem to think it would be. There has been monorail downtime before, and they've managed.

You're forgetting that guests at Bay Lake and the Contemporary take a monorail to Epcot.

And you're forgetting that Bay Lake is a separate resort. It is deeded as such, in spite of what you insist based on the name.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And it's a separate resort.
It literally isn't.

1682442288870.png

"Resort" refers to the way the property is presented to the public, it has nothing to do with what's deeded to whom with the freaking Orange County comptroller or whoever.

drnilescrane

It literally isn't.

"Resort" refers to the way the property is presented to the public, it has nothing to do with what's deeded to whom with the freaking Orange County comptroller or whoever.
Whomever decided on that name back in 2009 has caused untold misery for everybody over the last 15 years.

I did my CP at the front desk just after it opened and the amount of upset and anger because people thought it was a separate resort with separate amenities was astounding.

They did eventually capitulate and give them a satellite front desk/bell services/allow DME to drop off over there as well. But it was one organization under one GM. Saying it isn't is like saying Boulder Creek and Copper Creek aren't part of Wilderness Lodge - true in the most technical sense, but doesn't reflect reality.

WDPR Inc employees work there, not DVC Management LLC like Riviera/Saratoga/Old Key West (it's a totally separate company, check your credit card statements next time you buy something at one of those properties).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom