News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
68% of Floridians wanted Roe to continue. There's a reason the governor signed the bill around 11 PM with no accompanying press conference.

Several members of the GOP voted against it. Even Senate President Passidomo had reservations about the bill.

I didn't say anything about the majority, though - I said his Republican/conservative base. That 32% isn't going to be swayed away from him now, no matter what - particularly as so many of them already have issues with Disney to begin with.
That 32% is the new “lost generation”…move over WWI…

When the tv is believed, we all pivoted

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So Moody is saying because of Disney’s agreement giving them certain government authorities they may have to provide certain public records. So then their agreement is valid?
Exactly. All it tells me is they are getting desperate. If they knew they could just void the agreement this would be pointless. They obviously don’t think the agreement is going anywhere. They are throwing a second Hail Mary after the first records request turned up nada.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I didn't say anything about the majority, though - I said his Republican/conservative base. That 32% isn't going to be swayed away from him now, no matter what - particularly as so many of them already have issues with Disney to begin with.
That should help him run for Governor again in 2030. For 2024 that base seems to prefer the original…..not the cheap cover band 🤡🤡🤡🤡

mf1972

Here’s a suggestion for you:
View attachment 711485
IMG_3534.gif

this comes to mind also

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That should help him run for Governor again in 2030. For 2024 that base seems to prefer the original…..not the cheap cover band 🤡🤡🤡🤡

He'd better decide then if he's running. Once he surpasses the 6 year mark, even if he resigns, he's limited to 2 consecutive 4 year terms. And he actually has to resign.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
2030 would be non-consecutive if he’s done in 2026.

No Florida governor in recent history has run for a 3rd non-consecutive term.

Floridians passed term limits for members of the Legislature in 1992. While the Legislature has made it more difficult for citizen initiatives to get on the ballot, there's probably enough sentiment to clear up that portion of the FL Constitution for governor. And frankly, so should the language that became law from Amendment 9 that allows a term limited member of the Legislature to return after sitting out 2 years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No Florida governor in recent history has run for a 3rd non-consecutive term.

Floridians passed term limits for members of the Legislature in 1992. While the Legislature has made it more difficult for citizen initiatives to get on the ballot, there's probably enough sentiment to clear up that portion of the FL Constitution for governor. And frankly, so should the language that became law from Amendment 9 that allows a term limited member of the Legislature to return after sitting out 2 years.
This one is easy to predict…like house money

Chi84

Premium Member
Can someone help me with some info circling back to their plan to limit district businesses from having Covid policies for customers? Is there a precedent for this? Is it allowed by the charter? I would like to address the board meeting on Wednesday about this but I need help with talking points. I just feel this creates a very dangerous precedent and something the district shouldn’t have the authority over.

@lazyboy97o could you shed some more light?
I looked over the charter. The main section on the district's powers is section 9 on pp.26-30. The listed powers are (1) to engage in legal proceedings (2) maintain a corporate seal (3) own and dispose of property (4) lease facilities (5) exercise powers of eminent domain (6) powers relating to reclamation, drainage and irrigation (7) water and flood control (8) water and sewer systems (9) waste collection and disposal (10) mosquito and pest control (11) airport facilities (12) recreation facilities - this one allows the district to own, acquire, build, maintain and operate parks, golf courses, museums, convention halls and all other types of facilities (13) parking facilities (14) fire protection (15) advertising (16) transportation (17) public utilities (18) conservation and sanctuaries (19) issue bonds and (20) other powers and research and development - this is a catch-all that allows the district to develop and utilize new concepts, designs and ideas.

I'm not finding any basis in the powers listed above for prohibiting a business operating in the district from adopting health mitigation measures.

Section 23 "Planning; Building Codes; Safety Regulations; Platting and Subdivisions; Zoning" has subsection (9) that states : "Any regulations adopted pursuant to the provisions of this section relating to safety, health, sanitation or building safety shall prescribe standards at least equivalent to the minimum standards in applicable statewide regulations protecting the general safety and welfare of the public." So I guess if the state somehow declares flu-type disease mitigation measures detrimental to the general safety and welfare of the public, this might fit. I'd like to say that last sentence was a joke, but . . .

I think you would be well within your rights to ask what in the charter gives them authority for what they said they were going to do. If they give you one, get bold and ask for the section that lets them control Disney's content.

tissandtully

I looked over the charter. The main section on the district's powers is section 9 on pp.26-30. The listed powers are (1) to engage in legal proceedings (2) maintain a corporate seal (3) own and dispose of property (4) lease facilities (5) exercise powers of eminent domain (6) powers relating to reclamation, drainage and irrigation (7) water and flood control (8) water and sewer systems (9) waste collection and disposal (10) mosquito and pest control (11) airport facilities (12) recreation facilities - this one allows the district to own, acquire, build, maintain and operate parks, golf courses, museums, convention halls and all other types of facilities (13) parking facilities (14) fire protection (15) advertising (16) transportation (17) public utilities (18) conservation and sanctuaries (19) issue bonds and (20) other powers and research and development - this is a catch-all that allows the district to develop and utilize new concepts, designs and ideas.

I'm not finding any basis in the powers listed above for prohibiting a business operating in the district from adopting health mitigation measures.

Section 23 "Planning; Building Codes; Safety Regulations; Platting and Subdivisions; Zoning" has subsection (9) that states : "Any regulations adopted pursuant to the provisions of this section relating to safety, health, sanitation or building safety shall prescribe standards at least equivalent to the minimum standards in applicable statewide regulations protecting the general safety and welfare of the public." So I guess if the state somehow declares flu-type disease mitigation measures detrimental to the general safety and welfare of the public, this might fit. I'd like to say that last sentence was a joke, but . . .

I think you would be well within your rights to ask what in the charter gives them authority for what they said they were going to do. If they give you one, get bold and ask for the section that lets them control Disney's content.
You all seem to forget they will just give themselves that power.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom