News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

SplashJacket

Here’s the issue we’re currently in.

Culture wars. Real policies and issues aren’t being discussed. Absolutely all of this is complete and utter non-sense.

This forum used to have a politics section, then it got deleted, which is fine, but now, even when I try to avoid all this chaos that’s going on, I legitimately can’t. Basically every thread on this forum is dead besides these, and that’s the issue with culture wars and the current state of things: it’s targeting uninvolved people who are minding their own business.

Gay? Too bad. Theme park employee? Too bad. Theme park fan? Too bad. Beer consumer? Too bad. Student? Bank customer? Too bad.

All this garbage is infiltrating every aspect of our lives, and it’s by design. By making you as angry as possible, by dividing people, you’re increasing turnout and your base’s resiliency to reality and true problems.

I’ve seen pushback mass purging of political discussion within this thread, but this thread exists because one individual decided to make one-of-the-clearest examples of political nonsense ever. There’s zero reason why any of this is happening, it’s all just one individual sacrificing reality and his base for personal benefit.

This forum may not have chosen politics, but egotistical zealot authoritarian politics chose this forum, because that’s what sparking culture wars does. Divides people and corrupts the good in the world at the expense of everyone purely to feed the aspirations and desires of whoever fans the flame.

Tony the Tigger

….pssst…Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are the same place 🤫
D9C434E1-89BD-42B9-99EB-A7C92177BA06.jpeg

flynnibus

Premium Member
This sounds odd. How is it possible to transfer certain government functions to a company in one easy step? Unless they aren’t strictly government functions.
This is one of the arguments DeSantis' group is making about the agreements, that it basically conveys gov powers to Disney... and hence you get this threat from the AG 'if you do that... guess what..'

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Can someone help me with some info circling back to their plan to limit district businesses from having Covid policies for customers? Is there a precedent for this? Is it allowed by the charter? I would like to address the board meeting on Wednesday about this but I need help with talking points. I just feel this creates a very dangerous precedent and something the district shouldn’t have the authority over.

@lazyboy97o could you shed some more light?

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The question to ask them, though, particularly as people that don't normally think about Disney, at all, is - would this change their vote?

I think some folks are making the mistake of viewing this situation in a vacuum, like somehow this is the only thing going on in Florida right now. Florida also just passed a law in the past weeks that has been one of the #1 goals of his Republican/conservative base for 50 years.

Given that they see that as a momentous win they have been fighting a half a century for, I somehow doubt that many are going to say "Ugh, but he was so mean to Disney!", a company they are not largely enamored with to begin with.

68% of Floridians wanted Roe to continue. There's a reason the governor signed the bill around 11 PM with no accompanying press conference.

Several members of the GOP voted against it. Even Senate President Passidomo had reservations about the bill.

DisneyDebRob

Can someone help me with some info circling back to their plan to limit district businesses from having Covid policies for customers? Is there a precedent for this? Is it allowed by the charter? I would like to address the board meeting on Wednesday about this but I need help with talking points. I just feel this creates a very dangerous precedent and something the district shouldn’t have the authority over.
Are you referring to the policy from 2021?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you’re referring to the bill I think you are. 75% of Floridians oppose it, including 61% of Republicans. That’s why the governor signed it at midnight with no press. It’s not a political winner, and it’s already cost him support from big money Repiblicans donors.
Because the parameters are COMPLETELY different now. And that’s what cowards do.
It’s the reason we have the saying “under the cover of darkness”

There was “tacit” approval for the ages involved in the first one because it made some sense.

Here’s what coward did: now teachers, coaches, counselors, administrators are prohibited…by law…to help post pubescent teens in any way.

Because those who are new to “adulting” and struggling with hard issues being more isolated is definitely good “public policy”.

Edit me as you see fit. There is wrong and right and this starts with a W.

Last edited:

peter11435

I don’t really think it’s within their authority.

Things like plexiglass in queues and hand sanitizer dispensers, sure. Those could be argued as fire hazards. Masks and vaccine requirements, no.

Chi84

Premium Member
You could start by asking them where in the charter they’re finding the authority to limit businesses from making their own decisions with respect to their employees?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom