News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If he turned the state into a prison why do thousands of people from all over the world keep relocating to FL and millions keep visiting annually?
And welcome to the forum !
Because they think they’ll have more money…

In boom’s case: not pay as much and smite the people that ma and pa didn’t tell them would still be around…”poor people”…in essence.

It’s about money…all of it. All the “freedom” and “morality” and “taking back”

Money…greed…the worlds strongest narcotic.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Because they think they’ll have more money…

In boom’s case: not pay as much and smite the people that ma and pa didn’t tell them would still be around…”poor people”…in essence.

It’s about money…all of it. All the “freedom” and “morality” and “taking back”

Money…greed…the worlds strongest narcotic.
d33407c2-e6a5-4a75-81d7-b418cc4b5eee_text.gif

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As I mentioned in my post, I get that they're trying the "throw everything at the wall" approach to hedge their bets; I'm just pointing out that this has led to contractions in their position which opens it up to more scrutiny and may hurt their argument in the end. This is fundamentally different from how Disney is handling things, regardless how many channels they use.

How is the state doing anything they can to undo the contracts even if it leads to contradicting themselves the "same" as Disney making one consistent argument in multiple channels? It's not.
Yeah it’s clear to anyone paying attention that they are throwing poo at the wall for sure. The state wants out of the contract so they can control Disney. They don’t really care how and they don’t really care about the optics either. The Governor told anyone who would listen….he was going to win. That’s all that we are seeing now. He doesn’t worry about the rule of law or looking like a cry baby. He calls a press tantrum and rants about winning and sticking it to woke Disney. His sheep eat that up but the masses just shake their heads. It’s kinda sad to see. He was supposed to be the adult in the room for that primary but I think nationally that ship may have sailed.

Heppenheimer

Yeah it’s clear to anyone paying attention that they are throwing poo at the wall for sure. The state wants out of the contract so they can control Disney. They don’t really care how and they don’t really care about the optics either. The Governor told anyone who would listen….he was going to win. That’s all that we are seeing now. He doesn’t worry about the rule of law or looking like a cry baby. He calls a press tantrum and rants about winning and sticking it to woke Disney. His sheep eat that up but the masses just shake their heads. It’s kinda sad to see. He was supposed to be the adult in the room for that primary but I think nationally that ship may have sailed.
From the DSM-V:

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) describes NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) as possessing at least five of the following nine criteria.[2]

• A grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal
  • Believing that they are "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Requiring excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement (unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations)
  • Being interpersonally exploitative (taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends)
  • Lacking empathy (unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
  • Often being envious of others or believing that others are envious of them
  • Showing arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes"
Sound like anyone we know?

JusticeDisney

I get such a kick out of all the media headlines that proclaim words to the effect of “DeSantis to void the Disney agreement,” as if he or any government body can simply declare a contract void. What the headlines should say is “DeSantis to exhibit more false bravado and claim Disney agreement is void, only to set himself up to suffer yet another embarrassing defeat.”

JoJoCal19

If you've opined, I've missed it.

What is your theory on why Disney hasn't challenged anything yet?

I would say because unlike the Gov who just reacts without thinking things through, they are spending an inordinate amount of time crossing t's and dotting i's building a sound legal case. Just like they were working quietly behind the scenes (and open public forum if you looked in the right place for notices) on their Reedy Creek changes they made.

Kamikaze

I would say because unlike the Gov who just reacts without thinking things through, they are spending an inordinate amount of time crossing t's and dotting i's building a sound legal case.
On top of that, when you have say 10 examples of laws/regulations being broken instead of 2, it makes your case easier to win. They're letting the state dig themselves deeper. They'll file suit right before they absolutely need to, which would be whenever CFTOD can actually make any changes.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As I mentioned in my post, I get that they're trying the "throw everything at the wall" approach to hedge their bets; I'm just pointing out that this has led to contractions in their position which opens it up to more scrutiny and may hurt their argument in the end. This is fundamentally different from how Disney is handling things, regardless how many channels they use.

How is the state doing anything they can to undo the contracts even if it leads to contradicting themselves the "same" as Disney making one consistent argument in multiple channels? It's not.

And Disney's lawyers will repeatedly stress that in court. Several government entities - board of supervisors, governor, body that passes law, attorney general (state's legal officer) - repeatedly stating an agreement is invalid, void, illegal, etc., then passing legislation to invalidate said agreement tends to undercut one's argument in court. And makes one look stupid, especially the state's chief legal beagle...who should know what's legal and what is not.

Disney lawyer: "If you were told by counsel to the OCTOD Board of Supervisors and the state attorney general that this Agreement between RCID and TWDC executed on February 8, 2023 was invalid, void, illegal, why did you take the legislative step to pass a bill that LEGISLATIVELY invalidated it and have the governor sign it into law? Why didn't you just go to court and have a court confirm your position? How can you, LEGISLATIVELY, make something invalid that is already invalid? By passing this bill, isn't that saying the Agreement was, in fact, valid?"

Senate President:

lazyboy97o

If you've opined, I've missed it.

What is your theory on why Disney hasn't challenged anything yet?
I think they’re cowards.
Disney has not acted because they are risk averse cowards. That’s it. Plenty of actual harms have occurred. They thought appeasement would work. They wrongly assumed that if they just sulked away then that would be enough and it would go away. The assessment wasn’t one of right or wrong, it was about what assumed to be the easiest.

Even now, with clear attempts to impair contracts, Disney might not act. They might again convince themselves that “this time they’ll actually stop.”

peter11435

The original bill was also illegal based on targeting a company based on its 1A rights, so they clearly DGAF.
Absolutely. But in that case they did something blatantly unconstitutional because they felt they had to punish Disney. In this case they are doing something unconstitutional for no reason at all if they honestly believe the contract is null and void.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The state from day 1 always had the lawful power to dissolve RCID. They just chose to let it be until now.

Folks are free to speculate as to why they chose to act now, but that does not make the dissolution of RCID unconstitutional.

Do I think this whole thing is a circus and is bad for Disney, the gov, and Florida, YES!

Last edited:

peter11435

The state from day 1 always had the lawful power to dissolve RCID. They just chose to let it be until now.

Folks are free to speculate as to why now they chose to act now, but that does not make the dissolution of RCID unconstitutional.

Do I think this whole thing is a circus and is bad for Disney, the gov, and Florida, YES!
States have the lawful power to arrest people. Arresting someone is not unconstitutional. Arresting someone for expressing their right to free speech IS unconstitutional.

lazyboy97o

And Disney's lawyers will repeatedly stress that in court. Several government entities - board of supervisors, governor, body that passes law, attorney general (state's legal officer) - repeatedly stating an agreement is invalid, void, illegal, etc., then passing legislation to invalidate said agreement tends to undercut one's argument in court. And makes one look stupid, especially the state's chief legal beagle...who should know what's legal and what is not.

Disney lawyer: "If you were told by counsel to the OCTOD Board of Supervisors and the state attorney general that this Agreement between RCID and TWDC executed on February 8, 2023 was invalid, void, illegal, why did you take the legislative step to pass a bill that LEGISLATIVELY invalidated it and have the governor sign it into law? Why didn't you just go to court and have a court confirm your position? How can you, LEGISLATIVELY, make something invalid that is already invalid? By passing this bill, isn't that saying the Agreement was, in fact, valid?"

Senate President:
It’s not even that they’re passing legislation to invalidate directly. They’re giving the board power to review it and reconsider it. The board wouldn’t need that power if they can invalidate it themselves the way they are claiming.

lazyboy97o

Folks are free to speculate as to why they chose to act now, but that does not make the dissolution of RCID unconstitutional.

Why do you keep repeating lies that you know full well are lies? Especially since you’ve repeatedly acknowledged that your statements are false? What is the purpose? Is it just for the lolz?

TrainsOfDisney

It’s not speculation - it’s government retaliation. That’s a fact.

Universal really needs to speak up soon - for both the way another theme park is being treated and for the way their LGBT team members are being treated by the state.

Disstevefan1

States have the lawful power to arrest people. Arresting someone is not unconstitutional. Arresting someone for expressing their right to free speech IS unconstitutional.
As I say, folks are free to speculate as to why, but the state always had the power to do it, and it was considered many times over the decades and was previously decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

Its looking like they were right.

Disney is powerful and they don't mind spending money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom