News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

MoonRakerSCM

Always amazing how suddenly everyone is a legal expert. I have two questions-

1) Will the monorail have a station at the new prison?
2) Will run Disney events go through the new prison?

lazyboy97o

Beyond the setup for applying for the bonds though, do you think it's wise that a state should dedicate more resources to propping up industry than overseeing housing development or education, or to the other functions that a good government should provide?

Don't you think the people should generally have a say in such matters?
The “propping up industry” was sewer and water system infrastructure. Something the counties would otherwise have to provide. They even enter into agreements to guarantee service to such large developments to ensure they happen and without interruption. Impact fees would not be high enough to cover these costs alone.

The people are able to vote in state elections and work to change how the state allocates and limits the issuance of bonds.

GBAB1973

Exactly what this law would mean, yes.

I am curious if they still try to attack the legality of the agreement. Is this bill just a quicker way to try to accomplish their goal here of undercutting Disney or is this bill their only real option because that army of law firms they talked to told them the agreement between Disney and the RCID seems legal and tough to overcome in court.

GBAB1973

Is the abuilder who built Veterans Stadium in Philly still alive? They had a sweet jail in the bowels of the stadium.

tissandtully

lol.. only applying to special districts.. good luck arguing why they would have done this kind of change anyway, regardless of RCID transition.

I guess the days of having staff that kept the elected people from going completely off the deep end are over?

Of course this is coming from the desk of the guy who brought you the "Ultimate Cancel Act" -- so I guess I should know better than expect sane governance.
it's what happens when you've alienated so many professionals that you are literally at the bottom of the barrel finding people to work for you

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

DeSantis revealed this this morning...

1681834770894.png

peter11435

RCID doesn't exist anymore beause of these kind of questions.
The district still exists just under a new name.

These questions have nothing at all to do with why the district was altered. Nothing

The current changes to the district do nothing to prevent the potential scenario you’re speaking of.

The questions you’re asking are issues with state law. Not issues with RCID or any other municipality.

afterabme

Predictably, a certain former POTUS is going after DeSantis about this situation.

View attachment 711056
The part that I don’t understand is, why would they sell properties in Florida. If, for some reason that actually came to pass, it doesn’t make sense why they would sell properties in Florida. If anything they would just license out the right to operate the parks and resorts, and make sure the checks were getting sent to Burbank.

GBAB1973

RCID doesn't exist anymore beause of these kind of questions.

No. The RCID doesn't "exist" anymore as it once operated because the Governor got upset that Disney ignored his demands for them to stay out of his way with regards to the education legislation he was passing. DeSantis has been pretty open about why he did what he did.

If Disney bows to him and Chepak never issues a statement, none of this happens. This is not because of issues like a bond issuance from 30 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom