News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
You had to see that one coming?
It’s just so far out of their scope of responsibilities and a gross over reach. Not that it would ever really be an issue again, I think we’re past it now, but then leads to the next question; why? Other than to make themselves feel good about making up rules?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s just so far out of their scope of responsibilities and a gross over reach. Not that it would ever really be an issue again, I think we’re past it now, but then leads to the next question; why? Other than to make themselves feel good about making up rules?
This is all the political Wild West for a cash grab.

Nothing about anything going on has anything to do with “the law” or “public safety”. Therefore “overreach” doesn’t apply.

This has gone totally off the rails because it was designed to. For attention, money and power.

Carry On

Figgy1

Another notice in Orlando Sentinel:

YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on April 26 th at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at The B Resort (Grand ballroom) 1905 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 640. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING REGULATIONS PROHIBITING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND MANDATES BY BUSINESSES WITHIN THE DISTRICT UPON THEIR CUSTOMERS OR PATRONS AND PROHIBITING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND MANDATES REGARDING THE SERVICES AND OPERATIONS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolution. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
BY: Tina Graham, Clerk
Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
Is this seriously what they're worried about? So much for small/ limited government

Figgy1

What about a particularly bad flu outbreak. In theory couldn't they say if private company X in DS wants a mask requirement for their store during such an outbreak would be a violation. Again; So much for small/limited government

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What about a particularly bad flu outbreak. In theory couldn't they say if private company X in DS wants a mask requirement for their store during such an outbreak would be a violation. Again; So much for small/limited government
Ok…I’ll stop after this.

The danger is not restricting paper masks and hand sanitizer…it is they’ll use this as precedent incase of another public health situation that we frankly pooch the response too.

It’s not at all - cause science - unreasonable to expect more situations. Cause again: science. In this case - virology and epidemiology.

So I’d say “we got it…” if our response is proper and right now. I bet pharma like novo, Lilly and sanofi are doing expensive/painstaking research on low cost anti vitals and immunotherapies…right?
Or are their lobbyists on the golf course pushing officials to make sure they do everything to not allow insulin to be allowed to be produced as a generic? A product that has basically not changed much for 30 years.

I’ll climb down Off my soapbox and let you decide?

tissandtully

Also this seems like it would only apply to firefighters? The RCID agreement didn’t seem to allow the new board to do anything like this around COVID for TWDC companies right?

lazyboy97o

Also this seems like it would only apply to firefighters? The RCID agreement didn’t seem to allow the new board to do anything like this around COVID for TWDC companies right?
The title says this applies to businesses. It’ll be interesting to see which land use power gives them this authority.

The bigger question is, who will stop them?

Chi84

Premium Member
The title says this applies to businesses. It’ll be interesting to see which land use power gives them this authority.

The bigger question is, who will stop them?
What's their enforcement authority? This was an issue with even legally-enacted COVID mitigation orders during the pandemic. If a business decided to do something that violates their regulations, what penalties could they impose and what entity would enforce them?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney be like….

IMG_4503.jpeg

lewisc

Ok…I’ll stop after this.

The danger is not restricting paper masks and hand sanitizer…it is they’ll use this as precedent incase of another public health situation that we frankly pooch the response too.

It’s not at all - cause science - unreasonable to expect more situations. Cause again: science. In this case - virology and epidemiology.

So I’d say “we got it…” if our response is proper and right now. I bet pharma like novo, Lilly and sanofi are doing expensive/painstaking research on low cost anti vitals and immunotherapies…right?
Or are their lobbyists on the golf course pushing officials to make sure they do everything to not allow insulin to be allowed to be produced as a generic? A product that has basically not changed much for 30 years.

I’ll climb down Off my soapbox and let you decide?
Interesting questions. Let's stay on topic. Is the RCID board allowed, or should be.allowed, to issue these type of regulations? Are the current board members competent and qualified to make science based regulations?

As a general rule businesses are allowed to exceed public health rules, rarely prohibited.

peter11435

Interesting questions. Let's stay on topic. Is the RCID board allowed, or should be.allowed, to issue these type of regulations? Are the current board members competent and qualified to make science based regulations?

As a general rule businesses are allowed to exceed public health rules, rarely prohibited.
The current board really isn’t competent or qualified for much at all. Not even running a municipality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom