News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

ElvisMickey

Oh my goodness, the guy who doesn't even understand what the word "pertinent" means and perplexingly thinks that just because the board changes for a government it somehow gives them the right to nullify any contract it wants.

Thank you for posting this video, at least it explains why you are so misinformed.
And what makes you so informed? Please, share…

Disney Glimpses

And what makes you so informed? Please, share…
Common sense. Nothing they have said has any substance or truth to it and they've provided no examples in case law to support their arguments. None. Turns out, every actual lawyer who doesn't have a vendetta against Disney like this guy does, believes the DA to be iron clad.

But I'm glad you shared that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and that you're just regurgitating stuff you found from one dude who hates Disney on YouTube.

ElvisMickey

Common sense. Nothing they have said has any substance or truth to it and they've provided no examples in case law to support their arguments. None. Turns out, every actual lawyer who doesn't have a vendetta against Disney like this guy does, believes the DA to be iron clad.

But I'm glad you shared that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and that you're just regurgitating stuff you found from one dude who hates Disney on YouTube.
Some of us actually live IN Lake Buena Vista and care about this company. You can’t argue with the bottom line…

lazyboy97o

Shouldn’t the District’s very expensive lawyer who “discovered” the agreement know the new board can just break the contract? Why did he recommend hiring more lawyers to figure something out instead of just giving this simple solution? Wouldn’t an Ivy League educated lawyer also know about this simple solution?

Disney Glimpses

OK. But he’s a lawyer who specializes in that very situation…
Correct and he's also a sensationalist YouTuber who despises Disney so much that he calls it "the rat" as often as he can. FWIW, this guy isn't an idiot and he knows what Disney has done will not be an easy fight for the State. But he has talked a lot of talk over the last year and he is just doubling down.

tissandtully

Oh my goodness, the guy who doesn't even understand what the word "pertinent" means and perplexingly thinks that just because the board changes for a government it somehow gives them the right to nullify any contract it wants.

Thank you for posting this video, at least it explains why you are so misinformed. This is a group of jokers on YouTube that somehow thinks Disney's army of lawyers doesn't understand basic contract or developer agreement law in the State of Florida.
Watch out, that dude watches a lot of YouTube

ElvisMickey

Correct and he's also a sensationalist YouTuber who despises Disney so much that he calls it "the rat" as often as he can. FWIW, this guy isn't an idiot and he knows what Disney has done will not be an easy fight for the State. But he has talked a lot of talk over the last year and he is just doubling down.
Peace, and I totally expect your opinion. Not looking to argue with folks knock down, drag out on Easter weekend. I’m sure we all give a 💩 about this company…

Disney Glimpses

Peace, and I totally expect your opinion. Not looking to argue with folks knock down, drag out on Easter weekend. I’m sure we all give a 💩 about this company…
I mean, I don't really view this as a game where I'm rooting for one team over another. The facts are the facts. DeSantis promised this big grand plan of dissolving the district while also leaving Disney on the hook for the debt.

He completely backed away from that, didn't really change the district at all and just swapped the board out. Any law student could tell you there are 800 things Disney could've done before that board swap to protect itself. And they did. It's really that simple.

Like, this isn't some grand complicated scenario. The district made a deal with a private company. That district and all of its agreements still exist today despite DeSantis' promises to get rid of it. That's really it.

ElvisMickey

I mean, I don't really view this as a game where I'm rooting for one team over another. The facts are the facts. DeSantis promised this big grand plan of dissolving the district while also leaving Disney on the hook for the debt.

He completely backed away from that, didn't really change the district at all and just swapped the board out. Any law student could tell you there are 800 things Disney could've done before that board swap to protect itself. And they did. It's really that simple.

Like, this isn't some grand complicated scenario. The district made a deal with a private company. That district and all of its agreements still exist today. That's really it.
Appreciate you. Enjoy your weekend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom