News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

flyakite

1715430325291.png

GoneViral

Imagine if anyone in this thread had said six months ago that the CFTOD would propose $100 million to fix WDW roads. They would have been laughed out of here.

maxairmike

Widening Western Way? Yes, please! That road is a nightmare between 4-6pm, thanks to the s***storm known as I-4!

As long as they're widening all the way from BVD to Avalon (mainly to match lane alignments since the Sawgrass/Flemings connection is finally being fast tracked) and working with CFX to finally signalize the 429 interchange, anything less than that is like putting a normal size bandaid on a multi-inch gash. I think they also need to look at an alternative to the standard intersection for BVD and Western Way given the volume of traffic there, but that's probably more of a multi-phase project like World Drive, as it would likely involve modifications to the World Drive/BVD interchange alignment and flow, as well as the Coronado intersection in what I envision as a "good" solution.

vikescaper

As long as they're widening all the way from BVD to Avalon (mainly to match lane alignments since the Sawgrass/Flemings connection is finally being fast tracked) and working with CFX to finally signalize the 429 interchange, anything less than that is like putting a normal size bandaid on a multi-inch gash. I think they also need to look at an alternative to the standard intersection for BVD and Western Way given the volume of traffic there, but that's probably more of a multi-phase project like World Drive, as it would likely involve modifications to the World Drive/BVD interchange alignment and flow, as well as the Coronado intersection in what I envision as a "good" solution.
I could see them doing something similar to what they did to the BVD and Hotel Plaza Blvd intersection years ago. They changed the alignment so Hotel Plaza Blvd flows directly into BVD.

lentesta

Premium Member

Great job finding this.

The original developer agreement had around $454MM in road projects through FY2027:

Wk1qr9w_An1ZeUUSrXbpVAHGVS0acTIq7WUbZj0gQZp4mqCxhQjHYGHjvpR1PCNB6uEO5MYyrAv7cqCsif47fVsa2suJEUauHmKUh23-y08k4r3Bih2LjEokKdlDDWIue9uybIPqItYACZ0jJHHdow

and this:

GQ7YifIvgZJ-PdQwRxSJZDCzZXdP9yz2casFnxae_ZFEi9wzBeH6wrzCph9nQdyEAzJTODOn4k6LXeJj1Rfdfwhrc_TfyJqDB48QTCEX3OksY6X6TD2I-bi_GiG4vI4Xuxft588BkMybYUqI16I0Dg

Both docs have these projects:
  • World Drive North Phase 3
  • Western Way and Buena Vista Drive
  • Western Way Widening (Assuming that's item 5 above)
And I think these are new (or have new names) in the new doc:
  • North Buena Vista Drive Bridge Replacements (unless it's part of item 6 above)
  • Milling and Resurfacing of portions of Buena Vista Drive and World Drive
I'm not sure if the budget has changed.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Please forgive me. Even after 1,254 pages I am not entirely clear on how the budgeting works. Could they reallocate collected funds that were earmarked for legal expenses now that those lawsuits are resolved and indefinitely deferred?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please forgive me. Even after 1,254 pages I am not entirely clear on how the budgeting works. Could they reallocate collected funds that were earmarked for legal expenses now that those lawsuits are resolved and indefinitely deferred?
Budgets are just plans - they can do whatever they want with them as long as the controller of the money agrees.

Where there are constraints is when the money is collected with conditions... or when trying to spend on things the government isn't tasked to be responsible for. For instance, some taxes are collected and put into separate funds that can only be used for certain purposes (like.. Education or only for improvements in a particular area)... but money from the general fund can be budgeted to be spent on something, then changed, and changed again as much as they like.

Budgets are just an administrative function.

Dranth

Sounds like they made Disney agree to do the things Disney was already doing. Obviously we need to see the rest of it but so far there isn't anything I would consider surprising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom