News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Figgy1

1700069970555.png

Lilofan

As was already pointed out. With unhappy people leaving, morale goes up without the district doing anything. So what he said is true. From a certain point of view.
Very true in my previous work group , unhappy people leave and some get fired for work related reasons and the current work team rejoices.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
The state case is in the middle of the district’s Motion for Summary Judement, now scheduled for mid March because the district is dragging its feet re. discovery while simultaneously arguing that the case needs to be resolved urgently.
‘Look. Instead of wasting time providing legally mandated documents which prove out the merit of this case, can’t we all just agree that this case has no merit?’

TtocsMc

Of course it is going to seem as if morale has gone up. With so many valuable and competent employees leaving Glen is able to hire more friends of his who are never going to complain about the unethical practices as they collect their overinflated paychecks. Unfortunately, the “worker bees“ are still unhappy with the new administration and the board but their complaints are falling on deaf ears.

RamblinWreck

Disney touted their economic importance as a PR move in hopes of gaining leverage in their dispute with the state and governor. It does not derail the conversation to point out that Disney’s own actions have been far more detrimental to the well being of the Florida Economy which Disney now suddenly seems to care about for their own self-serving purposes in this idiotic dispute they can’t seem to get themselves out of.
How would they go about getting themselves out of something they had no part in and have no control over?

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I'm curious who organized all the veterans organizations to show up today to speak?

I mean, it's not like this whole category of small businesses organizations showed up before... and don't tell me because of veterans day... I'm sure after Nov11th the first place that came to mind on who to visit was... the CFTODB!

Goofyernmost

Increase WDW taxes to cover costs so taxpayers don't have to subsidize Disney
I think you are being sarcastic, but since there appears to be a whole lot of people that erroneously think that the outside public has been subsidizing Disney it might be wise to add a spoiler like this.
THE OUTSIDE PUBLIC HAS NEVER SUBSIDIZED DISNEY. IF ANYTHING DISNEY HAS BEEN SUBSIDIZING THE OUTSIDE PUBLIC FOR THE PAST 50+ YEARS. Sorry for the screaming but that uniformed thought fed to the public is what caused all this crap to happen to begin with.

It seems to me that by now the new "perfectly illegal" state run local district board members should have seen the reports that say where the money to operate is actually coming from. I don't think it is from the locals in the area or the state. All any of them have been part of is the massive tourist tax contribution that Disney has created for the state of florida..

Last edited:

Isamar

So I'm curious who organized all the veterans organizations to show up today to speak?

I mean, it's not like this whole category of small businesses organizations showed up before... and don't tell me because of veterans day... I'm sure after Nov11th the first place that came to mind on who to visit was... the CFTODB!

A few of them seemed to be with the same organization (FAVOB) so I assumed they coordinated the speakers -?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
And here we go. CFTOD requesting docs from TWDC and scheduling depositions.
I have no experience with these type of requests. Is it common to be able to mandate that documents be provided in multiple formats and that that everything be rendered searchable in their database? Seems to me that the onus to OCR everything should be on the requester.

Also, they appear to be casting an extraordinarily wide net. I’m sure they hope to find something damning by asking for literally anything related to DeSantis and the various instances of legislative retribution which have occurred recently, but I can’t fathom what that could be. Even if Bob Chapek sent a memo saying “I hate Ron DeSantis because I’m jealous of him so we’re going to torpedo his very brave and righteous bill” that doesn’t legitimize the retaliation that followed. What are they hoping to find?

JoeCamel

I have no experience with these type of requests. Is it common to be able to mandate that documents be provided in multiple formats and that that everything be rendered searchable in their database? Seems to me that the onus to OCR everything should be on the requester.

Also, they appear to be casting an extraordinarily wide net. I’m sure they hope to find something damning by asking for literally anything related to DeSantis and the various instances of legislative retribution which have occurred recently, but I can’t fathom what that could be. Even if Bob Chapek sent a memo saying “I hate Ron DeSantis because I’m jealous of him so we’re going to torpedo his very brave and righteous bill” that doesn’t legitimize the retaliation that followed. What are they hoping to find?
This is tit for tat to answer the documents request Disney made. Same claims of overbroad, many formats, burdensome etc. Much of law has become about the show....

UNCgolf

I haven't read their request, but as someone who deals with ediscovery in large corporate litigation, we typically provide documents in TIFF format along with a TXT file of the extracted text (which is obviously searchable) and a load file with metadata. We also usually provide Excels natively, along with some other less common files like videos or audio. That's more or less standard practice in corporate litigation.

Sometimes productions are done entirely as PDFs (again other than native Excels) but that's not regular practice.

I also do a lot of government investigation work, and it's very similar. Some government departments/commissions require native production of PowerPoints along with Excels, and they often have some other specific requirements, but it's still generally TIFF/extracted text TXT file/metadata.

EDIT: I just skimmed through the document request and it's not really out of the ordinary. They are requesting native PowerPoints, but while that's less common, it's certainly not unheard of. The privilege log request is pretty standard too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom