News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

scottieRoss

Golden Oak near Port Orleans is on property. The homeowners whose homes range from $5M - $30M live in the gated community. Most if not all are not Disney execs some using Golden Oak as their second or third residence.
Golden Oak is a few things
1. not within the District. The land was de-anexed from the district.
2. The homes are not on Disney Property. The land was sold to the residents. It is their land.
3. Not mostly composed of Disney Executives.

DisneyFanatic12

2. The homes are not on Disney Property. The land was sold to the residents. It is their land.
THANK YOU! I don’t know about this thread but SO many people think it’s part of RCID (I won’t call the district by its new stupid and long name).

Lilofan

Former WDW Pres George K who started as a busboy at the Contemporary was with fellow CM Andy Hardy planning to build a home at Golden Oak several years ago , current NBA player and Disney fan Brooke Lopez has a home at GO.

lazyboy97o

Former WDW Pres George K who started as a busboy at the Contemporary was with fellow CM Andy Hardy planning to build a home at Golden Oak several years ago , current NBA player and Disney fan Brooke Lopez has a home at GO.
Good for them. Why does it matter that they live near the District?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Former WDW Pres George K who started as a busboy at the Contemporary was with fellow CM Andy Hardy planning to build a home at Golden Oak several years ago , current NBA player and Disney fan Brooke Lopez has a home at GO

So a no longer Disney executive thought about building a home there and a NBA player has a home there. What does this mean?

GO.PNG

Golden Oak is circled in blue badly by me. The red line is the boundary of the RCID property.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Not difficult to realize they have the funds to purchase a home at GO. George K was planning to build a home while still working as a CM.

They have the money, but most Disney executives live in California or NY - not Florida.

Unless you're referring to WDW executives. Well, in that case let me inform you: An overwhelming majority of them live in Windermere (real Windermere), Dr Phillips, or Winter Park - not Golden Oak.

Lilofan

They have the money, but most Disney executives live in California or NY - not Florida.

Unless you're referring to WDW executives. Well, in that case let me inform you: An overwhelming majority of them live in Windermere (real Windermere), Dr Phillips, or Winter Park - not Golden Oak.
No one said most live at GO. To live in Winter Park and commute to LBV? Good luck and pack some patience with the long commute during rush hour but at least they can drive the company issued cars if they choose and expense the gas back to the company.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
To live in Winter Park and commute to LBV?\

And they do it.

IME, having grown up in the area with their kids, most live in Windermere/Dr Phillips, a few also in Winter Garden now that it's gone upscale, but there's still a handful that I personally know that schlep from Winter Park and the greater downtown Orlando area.

I guess something about quality of life, or amenities, or walkable areas.

scottieRoss

No one said most live at GO. To live in Winter Park and commute to LBV? Good luck and pack some patience with the long commute during rush hour but at least they can drive the company issued cars if they choose and expense the gas back to the company.
Your post that I replied to implied that most were Disney Execs with second or third homes there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom