News Red Car Trolley to close in early 2025

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hope that perhaps a unique version of the MK Villains land for DLR would be considered for DL parks expansion pad.
Possible, which would still put the expansion in the late-2030s at the earliest in my opinion.

Obviously I could be wrong, but right now the tea leaves don't seem to have them expanding into the DLForward plots before then.

mickEblu

Remember DLForward zoning changes are meant to cover the next 40 years. So yeah it could be in the 2030s or beyond before we see Simba and other plots of land covered under DLForward being used. That doesn't mean it won't be that long before we see Avatar, Coco, etc.

This is why this idea that Simba is immediately going to be used for Avatar, or Coco, or some other project is probably not a reality. Could it happen quickly, sure because they can start developing that land anytime. But is it more probable they use existing plot of land within the existing Parks footprints first, yeah I think that is more likely.

Which means the likely scenario is

Avatar - Backlot/Transportation Hub
Coco - Pier spot behind Incredicoaster/TSMM
Avengers 2 attractions - Already known and confirmed spot behind MB.

As for what goes first for DLForward, honestly given so much focus on DCA right now I would suspect DL gets its expansion first.

That’s an interesting point. I’ve always kind of assumed that the DCA/ Simba part of DL Forward would happen before DL but what I didn’t foresee was them announcing four attractions for DCA simultaneously that are all seemingly going in DCA proper. With that said DL is still way in the lead when it comes to attractions so I don’t see something in the Simba lot happening before the DL side of DL Forward as being outside of the realm of possibility. I’m just not sure it’s a forgone conclusion anymore. Then again the next big move at DL could be new Tomorrowland or a Frozen Fantasyland expansion in which case Simba lot would probably be developed before the DL side.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

That’s an interesting point. I’ve always kind of assumed that the DCA/ Simba part of DL Forward would happen before DL but what I didn’t foresee was them announcing four attractions for DCA simultaneously that are all seemingly going in DCA proper. With that said DL is still way in the lead when it comes to attractions so I don’t see something in the Simba lot happening before the DL side of DL Forward as being outside of the realm of possibility. I’m just not sure it’s a forgone conclusion anymore. Then again the next big move at DL could be new Tomorrowland or a Frozen Fantasyland expansion in which case Simba lot would probably be developed before the DL side.
DCA's 30th anniversary is in 2031. Why not have something big to celebrate and that would be the first phase of whatever goes into Simba IMO.

mickEblu

I think Pandora will be 2029 instead. It was announced at D23 as part of the five year investment, they can work on it in conjunction with EGW construction, and you can bet that Disney wants the Synegery for part 4 in 2029.

If they do finish Pandora by 2029 then I don’t see any significant new addition in 2031. But you know December 2029 isn’t that far away from February 2031 which is DCAs anniversary. Just 14 months. A delay or two and it’s DCA’s 30th anni.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Everyone is in this rush for them to push into the DLForward plots of land for some reason. Its meant to last over the next 40 years, so I don't know why the rush.

As I mentioned in a subsequent post I still see TL and the motorboat area being done before they touch DLForward for expansion. However even with that said I don't know if I see this swing back to expanding DLForward for DCA first with Simba.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they do finish Pandora by 2029 then I don’t see any significant new addition in 2031. But you know December 2029 isn’t that far away from February 2031 which is DCAs anniversary. Just 14 months. A delay or two and it’s DCA’s 30th anni.
They haven't celebrated DCAs anniversary in any significant way before, so unless they start in 2026 for its 25th I don't see them making a big deal about its 30th either.

mickEblu

Why can’t they rebuild the Trolley barn where they have Ernesto De la Cruz perform during Oogie Boogie? There’s enough room there. Instead of turning on Hollywood Blvd the trolley could just go back and forth from the entrance to just before the Avengers Campus entrance. That’s still very much a neutral area still sort of an extension of BVS

383D66E8-E742-4EC8-9AE4-33F740AE7F77.jpeg

Performance Corridor would get its very own ride!

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why can’t they rebuild the Trolley barn where they have Ernesto De la Cruz perform during Oogie Boogie? There’s enough room there. Instead of turning on Hollywood Blvd the trolley could just go back and forth from the entrance to just before the Avengers Campus entrance. That’s still very much a neutral area still sort of an extension of BVS

View attachment 812269

Performance Corridor would get its very own ride!
Isn't that used as a CM break area when its not in use by OBB? Also I don't think that is actually big enough of an area for the barn.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it is… barely.
They would have to take out almost all the trees to make it fit and it would potentially stick out further into the walkway.

Here is the current barn footprint -

1724966017425.png

Here is the current available space if just used as is without taking out trees and such, its not enough -

1724965932833.png

So while maybe it might be able to be done if taking out trees and such, but I doubt its a viable place for it given its not technically "backstage".

TrainsOfDisney

Where? Behind Soarin?
Yes that area - there’s space that can be created if they wanted to. Again, maybe for only a 1-track barn.

I don’t know enough about the access lanes in that area to know for sure where it could or couldn’t go but there is space. Even if it was partially on-stage - a trolley barn building could easily be on theme even if it’s not a Starbucks! Haha.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes that area - there’s space that can be created if they wanted to. Again, maybe for only a 1-track barn.

I don’t know enough about the access lanes in that area to know for sure where it could or couldn’t go but there is space. Even if it was partially on-stage - a trolley barn building could easily be on theme even if it’s not a Starbucks! Haha.
I suppose anything is possible, but that doesn't seem like a lot of space for a barn, even a single track one. I would say extend out that area into the Esplanade, but with Porto's still appearing to go into the current Earls location I have a feeling that its going to require a large footprint. So that is a no go.

Yeah I'm seeing only the backstage area between Hyperion and MB as the only immediate viable spot along the current route.

mickEblu

They would have to take out almost all the trees to make it fit and it would potentially stick out further into the walkway.

Here is the current barn footprint -

View attachment 812281

Here is the current available space if just used as is without taking out trees and such, its not enough -

View attachment 812279

So while maybe it might be able to be done if taking out trees and such, but I doubt its a viable place for it given its not technically "backstage".

Looks like enough room to me. Why does it have to be backstage?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like enough room to me. Why does it have to be backstage?

I suppose it doesn't have to be backstage, but why would you want it on-stage just to put it in that location? Other places that it can be put if they wanted to keep it and have it backstage, several that just got mentioned before this post.

Also that area is not configured correctly for a structure like a barn. You literally have the edge of the Webslingers building that would stick into the back of the barn.

Now maybe if you have a single track barn it might fit better in that location, but then what do you do about the second car just leave it out on-stage?

But to me its just not an ideal location from what I can see based on the current barn footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom