News Red Car Trolley to close in early 2025

TrainsOfDisney

I do think this marks the end of my interest in DCA. With nothing at Hyperion, no Pixar orchestra, and now no red car trolley the only things left are World of Color and Five & Dime.

I do like the rides in Cars Land but not enough to add a park hopper if I’m visiting.

I’m hoping to visit this winter and say goodbye :-/ weird time to be a Disney fan.

DLR92

I think most people’s issue with Pixar Pier is that they don’t like the concept. They believe that Pixar Pier is a thematic downgrade to the lightly themed Disney Paradise Pier. I do think it’s a slight thematic downgrade but it’s not as if the pier was some shining example of great theming. Most of all I think it was a waste of money and another step in the wrong direction for the park. In my ideal world they would have built upon Paradise Pier 2.0 and give it the same love BVS got. But for me it’s the same core experience. I don’t feel any different walking through it than I did before. Unlike Mission Breakout where that TOT aesthetic, feel, experience is gone.
I do have a problem with Pixar Pier. What will take in place of Goofy Sky School? That spot is a good pad for another dark ride. I would hate to see it waste on another Pixar property. Why do some people feel Coco deserves its own mini land?

I rather see pier return back to Paradise Pier with its Victorian overlay. Maybe bring some more Art Nouveau architecture. Leave most of the flat rides alone, especially Golden Zephyr.

mickEblu

I do have a problem with Pixar Pier. What will take in place of Goofy Sky School? That spot is a good pad for another dark ride. I would hate to see it waste on another Pixar property. Why do some people feel Coco deserves its own mini land?

I rather see pier return back to Paradise Pier with its Victorian overlay. Maybe bring some more Art Nouveau architecture. Leave most of the flat rides alone, especially Golden Zephyr.

A small dark ride is possible in that spot but I’m not sure they build anything that small these days unless they have the attraction use multiple levels. Some people think the Coco boat ride would go there which would be impossible unless you get rid of pretty much everything from Corn Dog Castle to the parade gate which I don’t see happening and would still be kind of a small plot of land.

I think the IP could certainly support a mini land but I don’t think it needs one. I like the thought of walking into an modest building like the Pixar Pier bandstand and into some big other worldly adventure kind of like POTC

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the IP could certainly support a mini land but I don’t think it needs one. I like the thought of walking into an modest building like the Pixar Pier bandstand and into some big other worldly adventure kind of like POTC
Agreed, which is why I think its the most logical spot. :)

mickEblu

Agreed, which is why I think its the most logical spot. :)

Yeah I’ve also heard some ideas of making the Plaza Gardens area the entrance and then having the actual ride over on the Simba lot. That doesn’t seem realistic either as I can’t see them building anymore bridges over Disneyland Drive than they have to. Hyperion has been thrown out there but considering it’s between AC and Avatar there’s no way that land would go to anything other than those two IP. So yeah, the backstage building next to TSMM is the only logical spot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah I’ve also heard some ideas of making the Plaza Gardens area the entrance and then having the actual ride over on the Simba lot. That doesn’t seem realistic either as I can’t see them building anymore bridges over Disneyland Drive than they have to. Hyperion has been thrown out there but considering it’s between AC and Avatar there’s no way that land would go to anything other than those two IP. So yeah, the backstage building next to TSMM is the only logical spot.
Agreed, I just don't see them moving into the Simba lot until they are ready to start building out DLForward. They won't do that with a single lot in my opinion. It'll be planned out initially with guest flow and such, and then plots parceled out for future projects. But guest flow will be the initial phase with one land opening in my opinion.

PiratesMansion

Agreed, I just don't see them moving into the Simba lot until they are ready to start building out DLForward. They won't do that with a single lot in my opinion. It'll be planned out initially with guest flow and such, and then plots parceled out for future projects. But guest flow will be the initial phase with one land opening in my opinion.
Dumb question that has likely been discussed at some point:
How close is the resort to having sufficient parking capacity to absorb the loss of Simba and the other DL Forward-adjacent parking lots?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Would that mean that Both DL and DCA be fully built out for both parks before they touch Simba and DL parks DL Forward plot ? My initial thoughts were that after Avatar DCA would get its first land in Simba around 2031-2032 and then attention would turn back to DL to address Tomorrowland. And after that the parks would take turns getting stuff in the DL forward spots.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Would that mean that Both DL and DCA be fully built out for both parks before they touch Simba and DL parks DL Forward plot ? My initial thoughts were that after Avatar DCA would get its first land in Simba around 2031-2032 and then attention would turn back to DL to address Tomorrowland. And after that the parks would take turns getting stuff in the DL forward spots.
No, I just don't think they will touch Simba until they are ready to start the build out of DLForward. I doubt they are going to just open up a single plot of land without the rest of the area ready to have guest flow and infrastructure added.

MistaDee

I do think this marks the end of my interest in DCA. With nothing at Hyperion, no Pixar orchestra, and now no red car trolley the only things left are World of Color and Five & Dime.

I do like the rides in Cars Land but not enough to add a park hopper if I’m visiting.

I’m hoping to visit this winter and say goodbye :-/ weird time to be a Disney fan.

I totally get where you're coming from but this feels a bit dramatic

No interest in seeing the Shanghai POTC system for Avatar? 2 very nice D+ tickets for Avengers or CoCo? Fine by me...one less person in line I suppose

In terms of major new ride experiences, what they've announced is a more significant expansion than the DCA 2.0 rebuild

TheDisneyParksfanC8

No, I just don't think they will touch Simba until they are ready to start the build out of DLForward. I doubt they are going to just open up a single plot of land without the rest of the area ready to have guest flow and infrastructure added.
If they did that we could be looking at the mid 2030s. I am guessing perhaps they will do DCA first for the DLForward space.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they did that we could be looking at the mid 2030s. I am guessing perhaps they will do DCA first for the DLForward space.
Remember DLForward zoning changes are meant to cover the next 40 years. So yeah it could be in the 2030s or beyond before we see Simba and other plots of land covered under DLForward being used. That doesn't mean it won't be that long before we see Avatar, Coco, etc.

This is why this idea that Simba is immediately going to be used for Avatar, or Coco, or some other project is probably not a reality. Could it happen quickly, sure because they can start developing that land anytime. But is it more probable they use existing plot of land within the existing Parks footprints first, yeah I think that is more likely.

Which means the likely scenario is

Avatar - Backlot/Transportation Hub
Coco - Pier spot behind Incredicoaster/TSMM
Avengers 2 attractions - Already known and confirmed spot behind MB.

As for what goes first for DLForward, honestly given so much focus on DCA right now I would suspect DL gets its expansion first.

captveg

Remember DLForward zoning changes are meant to cover the next 40 years. So yeah it could be in the 2030s or beyond before we see Simba and other plots of land covered under DLForward being used. That doesn't mean it won't be that long before we see Avatar, Coco, etc.

This is why this idea that Simba is immediately going to be used for Avatar, or Coco, or some other project is probably not a reality. Could it happen quickly, sure because they can start developing that land anytime. But is it more probable they use existing plot of land within the existing Parks footprints first, yeah I think that is more likely.

Which means the likely scenario is

Avatar - Backlot/Transportation Hub
Coco - Pier spot behind Incredicoaster/TSMM
Avengers 2 attractions - Already known and confirmed spot behind MB.

As for what goes first for DLForward, honestly given so much focus on DCA right now I would suspect DL gets its expansion first.
Problem with Disneyland getting their DLF expansion first is they still have Tomorrowland/Motorboat/FL Theater area they could refurbish/repurpose first.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Problem with Disneyland getting their DLF expansion first is they still have Tomorrowland/Motorboat/FL Theater area they could refurbish/repurpose first.
And who said the expansion would be before those are done? I think most if not all of those are coming in the next 5-10 years. Which would put the expansion in the late-2030s at the earliest in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom