Record profit for Disney

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
That is absolutely not true. CP's are the lowest paid of all Cast Members. They can work the same front-line roles as full-time CM's, are expected to work a full availability schedule with no benefit time, insurance, or holidays, and are not union-protected (at least in FL) and therefore are much easier to be fired, yet they make significantly less in the same roles as their full-time counterparts.

Starting base pay rate for a Full-Time, Part-Time or Seasonal Attractions cast member is, as of this year, $7.90 an hour. The equivalent CP makes $7.31 an hour.

Think so? Your number is what it was in 2007. I have two cousins and a brother who would beg to differ that have partaken in the program within the past 18 months. Try again.

RSoxNo1

Yessiree, the entire country of Japan is skinny and attractive!

300px-Asashoryu_fight_Jan08.JPG

:rolleyes:

I'm guessing those two men are more athletic than the majority of Americans.

Here's the thing, when people make sweeping generalizations it doesn't mean that they're wrong or discriminating or anything like that. Generalizations do serve a function and as a country, the people of Japan are thinner than Americans.

COProgressFan

As for how Lou can conduct tours of Disney World, my understanding is that because he has a Florida Travel License he can conduct these tours without issue. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but that is the explanation I was given.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If someone is running a business on Disney's property (as he seems to be doing by charging outrageous sums to give personal tours of WDW), then Disney has every right to evict him from the property, whether he has some travel license or not.

DisneyJoe

That makes no sense whatsoever. If someone is running a business on Disney's property (as he seems to be doing by charging outrageous sums to give personal tours of WDW), then Disney has every right to evict him from the property, whether he has some travel license or not.

Does anyone have a link or info on these tours?

I've recently received email blasts from 2 tour companies that give personal tours of WDW for families, similar to Michael's VIP's (Tour Guide Mike). This is the first I am hearing of this from Lou; I knew he has recorded and sold audio tours.

disneyrcks

I'm guessing those two men are more athletic than the majority of Americans.

Here's the thing, when people make sweeping generalizations it doesn't mean that they're wrong or discriminating or anything like that. Generalizations do serve a function and as a country, the people of Japan are thinner than Americans.

It is not a sweeping generalization if the comparison is negative. Calling a CM blobby because they may be overweight and not "attractive and thin like the CM's in Tokyo" is not a general statement. Saying "the people of Japan are thinner than Americans", is a generalization. That is not how TP's comment was laid out. That's the thing.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The difference may be group size.

Jim had large groups.

uh no.

Disney Official Stance at the time:

Disneyland spokesman Bob Tucker responded in a statement: "Only qualified Disneyland Resort cast members are authorized to provide tours of Disneyland. Since Mr. Hill's tour was not authorized he was asked to leave the property."

bstiles

Right, disney was mad someone else was able to profit off of their name. He also probably gave a better tour than disney since they have a hard time giving their own history without making stuff up.

BigThunderMatt

Think so? Your number is what it was in 2007. I have two cousins and a brother who would beg to differ that have partaken in the program within the past 18 months. Try again.

Considering that I look at such information on a daily basis, I would consider myself a little more informed on the subject than your two cousins and a brother.

Tigger1988

You're seriously arguing that CPs aren't the lowest paid of all CMs? You're the one who needs to try again.

Pioneer Hall

Right, disney was mad someone else was able to profit off of their name. He also probably gave a better tour than disney since they have a hard time giving their own history without making stuff up.

^
This:sohappy:

So if someone was using your intellectual property to do something you already do and making a profit, you wouldn't have a problem with it? I have a strong feeling you would. I don't understand why Disney doesn't stop everyone from touring people around in their parks for a profit. However, outside of Lou I would imagine that it is a bit harder to spot the tour groups.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So if someone was using your intellectual property to do something you already do and making a profit, you wouldn't have a problem with it? I have a strong feeling you would. I don't understand why Disney doesn't stop everyone from touring people around in their parks for a profit. However, outside of Lou I would imagine that it is a bit harder to spot the tour groups.

With the current feelings toward capitalism its perfectly acceptable. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom