Record profit for Disney

Jimmy Thick

Lesson here is buying best of breed when the market hate stocks is almost always a winning strategy. I wouldn't recommend the stock up at $76, because expectations are just too high and the multiple is a little crazy. I'd buy DIS again on any dips or market correction we should see soon.

That said, AAPL is a much cheaper stock than DIS at current levels. DIS is quite expensive.

Really great advice there.

Say, what happens to a company who's stock that was once 76 dollars and goes down to 20 in the span of days? Think the stock price is still meaningless? Before or after the company gets bought out or broken up?

I'll safely assume the stock advice I get is more on the ball than yours, not to say you're wrong of course, but when it comes to stock, I have a great broker. Told me to invest in Disney and Home Depot, great advice, has made me a fortune. Guess what, he keeps buying more and more Disney stock for me, as much as he can get. I have to trust him, the guy knows his stuff.

Jimmy Thick- Not to mention just about every broker has Disney as a strong buy, but that's not important...

Chef Mickey

Really great advice there.

Say, what happens to a company who's stock that was once 76 dollars and goes down to 20 in the span of days? Think the stock price is still meaningless? Before or after the company gets bought out or broken up?

I'll safely assume the stock advice I get is more on the ball than yours, not to say you're wrong of course, but when it comes to stock, I have a great broker. Told me to invest in Disney and Home Depot, great advice, has made me a fortune. Guess what, he keeps buying more and more Disney stock for me, as much as he can get. I have to trust him, the guy knows his stuff.

Jimmy Thick- Not to mention just about every broker has Disney as a strong buy, but that's not important...
The fact you have a broker tells me everything I need to know. If that's working for you, more power to you. Really! You're not wrong for using a broker or letting someone else handle your money...no shame in that. Investing is hard.

Look, not trying to be your investor here...I publicly made a post here telling members to buy DIS in 2011. Worked out well for me and anyone who listened, so I decided to resurrect the post.

If you think analysts or brokers loving a stock means anything, you obviously don't invest on your own much...which is fine. If anything, that's a red flag. You sell when everyone loves it, buy when they hate it (as long as the core company is good). Everyone has made money buying stocks since 2009. Stock picking during a bull market is easy. Talk to me when the market corrects and see how well your broker does.

Analysts hated HPQ, BBY, sell ratings galore. Those companies were finished. AAPL killed HPQ and AMZN killed BBY. Just a couple years ago, HPQ was at 11 and BBY was $11. BBY is now $40 and HPQ $28. Starting listening to analysts, be ready to start missing opportunities and losing money. Analysts loved AAPL at $700 too. Don't worry, they'll be quick to hate it as the start to decline and tell you they saw it coming.

Facts are facts, btw. AAPL is MUCH cheaper than DIS at this point. I love Disney and Disney as a company, but AAPL makes a hell of a lot more money and the market is pricing it as if it won't continue doing that. Conversely, it's pricing Disney that is will continue to make record profits...which it probably will. I am ringing the register now and will wait for a pullback on DIS.

You mean buying as much Disney as he can get with respect to how much money you have? You can buy as much DIS stock as you want, LOL...and do so without paying a broker to do it. Not sure what you mean by a fortune. Everyone's definition is different.

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

Analysts hated HPQ, BBY, sell ratings galore. Those companies were finished. AAPL killed HPQ and AMZN killed BBY. Just a couple years ago, HPQ was at 11 and BBY was $11. BBY is now $40 and HPQ $28. Starting listening to analysts, be ready to start missing opportunities and losing money. Analysts loved AAPL at $700 too. Don't worry, they'll be quick to hate it as the start to decline and tell you they saw it coming.

Facts are facts, btw. AAPL is MUCH cheaper than DIS at this point. I love Disney and Disney as a company, but AAPL makes a hell of a lot more money and the market is pricing it as if it won't continue doing that. Conversely, it's pricing Disney that is will continue to make record profits...which it probably will. I am ringing the register now and will wait for a pullback on DIS.

You mean buying as much Disney as he can get with respect to how much money you have? You can buy as much DIS stock as you want, LOL...and do so without paying a broker to do it. Not sure what you mean by a fortune. Are we talking 2 or 3 hundred thousand?

Disney has done nothing but go up since our initial investment. HD has a little rocky road but has made money for me hand over fist.

Hewlett Packard and Best Buy, risky stocks, hit or miss, too volatile. One year 50 bucks the next 20. Not my cup of tea, so I can't comment because I have no desire to put money into stocks that might rebound. Some people will make a fortune though, not me, I like them steady.

Apple, not for me. Disney will make more money in terms of value dollar for dollar. Unless Apple knocks out Comcast and other cable providers like people speculate, I don't see the stock going anywhere near Disney will in the next couple years. Apple will be where it is right now by the end of next year, Disney will only go up with a great chance of being over 100 dollars per share.

My thoughts, for what its worth, but like you said, I do have people manage this for me, and I can't knock any decisions they have made.

Jimmy Thick- A fortune is just that, something to retire nicely on and never have worries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom