Recommend the best walking shoe for Parks (not sneakers)

Fla_Purls

I seriously love the comfort that comes with Crocs. Problem is with most Crocs, heaven forbid it rains. There's no way to walk in Crocs without feeling like you're going to slip out of em once your feet get wet. Ecco makes a great (and much more expensive) sandal that's entirely waterproof without the slippage issue, very comfortable and offers great arch support. I've worn my Ecco sandals to the water parks and kept them on to go to a regular park later in the day.

homerdance

I don't like to wear sneakers all that much and would like to find a nice, stylish, comfortable pair of shoes to wear at the Parks. We're going in Dec so sandals probably won't work. I've been looking at a bunch of Ecco, Cole Haan, Born, etc. and walking ballet flats and the like but I would like to see what others recommend...

I have had great luck with SAS shoes

Emily15

Well these might be sneakers, but I promise they are worth it! I honestly love my Kurus. They are so comfortable and actually help my feet feel like they are not going to fall off after walking around all day. Sorry if they aren't what you are looking for, but I think they are pretty great. They do have one pair of shoes that is slightly more stylish than their typical sneakers here.

RubyLee

I can't do Crocs. Always step out or half out of them but that's probably just user error :) .

I usually go with Chacos or Tevas because they have a lot of support, are cool in the FL heat, & dry fast after water rides!

reptar77

I like privo shoes by clarks. You can get them on Zappos and Amazon. Otherwise I wear my reef flip flops
417L-cPQ8RL.jpg

Runmyhorse

I'm a tennis shoe person while in the park. My kids wore cross just to our local zoo which is not nearly as much walking and there feet sweated terrible and they got huge blisters across the top where the cross went across. Plus sweaty feet equals smelly feet. I bought a pair of slip on sketches with memory foam and they are so comfortable. Love them. They allow air and to breathe.

KDiS88

I wore my TOMS all day in MK and I did not have one blister on my foot, I recommend wearing them a few times before the park but once you wear them a couple times they will be the most comfy shoes to walk in, they are for me anyway. I don't like to wear sneakers either. Anyway hope this helps :)

Sparkle81

I love Skechers Go Walk. They're not sneakers in the traditional sense, but they're super light, super comfortable and are made from breathable fabric so don't have to wear socks with them. Comfiest footwear I've ever had!

thomas998

Lemme just say...converse shoes are NOT the way to go. I've got teal ones I love and OOOOMG, My feet were killin me. Im like you though, Im not a fan of sneakers. I'll be interested in the replies to this!
Converse shoes generally have horrible arch support which could be the reason they are killing you. I've found that if you are willing to buy decent insoles you can make even the worst shoe 10 times better... in fact the worst shoes will show the best improvement from decent insoles.

thomas998

I don't like to wear sneakers all that much and would like to find a nice, stylish, comfortable pair of shoes to wear at the Parks. We're going in Dec so sandals probably won't work. I've been looking at a bunch of Ecco, Cole Haan, Born, etc. and walking ballet flats and the like but I would like to see what others recommend...

The real problem is that "stylish" shoes are normally not comfortable to wear to a place where you have to walk alot. You might remind yourself that you don't go to Disney to strut on a cat walk you go there to enjoy yourself... you need to make a decision of whether you want to be comfortable or stylish... and before you say stylish just remember that no one there is likely to ever see you again nor do they care what you are wearing or how stylish you are... Although if you are one of those that wears the high heals to the park (which I have seen before) you can rest assured that people like myself will notice and chuckle at you for doing something so crazy.

Figaro928

I LOVED my Sketchers Go Walks in the parks. they were breathable and comfortable. While they're technically sneakers they do not look like sneaks at all. Actually stylish! I have recommended them to several people taking recent trips to WDW and they too loved them for the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom