Recipe???

tigsmom

found these while looking for the above requested recipes (no I did not find either)

Hula Hoop
Pop Century Resort

Ingredients

1 ounce Malibu Rum
1/2 ounce Creme de Banana
1/2 ounce Melon Liquer
4 ounces Pineapple Juice
Splash of Grenadine

Method

Build over ice in cocktail shaker and shake. Pour into glass and enjoy!

Lava Lamp
Pop Century Resort

Ingredients

1 1/4 ounces Bacardi Limon
3/4 ounce Blue Curacao
4 ounces Sour Mix
Splash Sprite
Rose's Grenadine

Method

Build over ice in cocktail shaker and shake. Pour into a glass and drizzle Grenadine on top for Lava effect. Enjoy!

tigsmom

We just got back from from Disney a couple weeks ago and there are two recipes I can't find. The Chocolate Ginger Cake from Teppan Edo, and the Cream of Asparagus soup from 1900 PArk Fare. If anyone has these recipes that would be great. Thanks.

While searching for this I came across a posting from another site ; the chef says they have no bakery on site and it is made by an outside company.

princessreilly

Chefs de France Chocolate Chip cookie recipe??

I am new to this site. I have searched everywhere and came across wdwmagic.com. Does anyone have the recipe for Chefs de France chocolate chip cookies? I am having a cookie monster party for my soon to be two year old and these would be perfect.

tigsmom

I am new to this site. I have searched everywhere and came across wdwmagic.com. Does anyone have the recipe for Chefs de France chocolate chip cookies? I am having a cookie monster party for my soon to be two year old and these would be perfect.

I haven't seen it, but you can send a request to guest services; that won't help for your party as it usually takes a bit to get an answer.

tigsmom

Thanks for your response. Do you mean the disney world site? I sent them a message. The party will be in June. Does it take that long?

Did you use this address? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

If so then that is the correct one. Depending on the time of year you may get a very quick response or none at all. Hopefully you will get it in time and if/when you do receive the recipe please come back and post for all to enjoy. Remember that some recipes are "secret" and will not be shared . :wave:

princessreilly

Did you use this address? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

If so then that is the correct one. Depending on the time of year you may get a very quick response or none at all. Hopefully you will get it in time and if/when you do receive the recipe please come back and post for all to enjoy. Remember that some recipes are "secret" and will not be shared . :wave:

Thank you! That is the one I used and if I get it, I will be more than happy to share. It is likely to be a secret one bc I can't find it anywhere! I tried a recipe that I found today that seemed similar, but wasn't even close. :( I will keep tring and hoping for a response!!

tigsmom

Wood-Fired Grilled Shrimp with Four-Cheese Sauce and Pasta

Mama Melrose, Disney-MGM Studios

Ingredients

1/8 cup roasted red pepper, julienne
1-1/2 tablespoon peas
1 tablespoon leeks, julienne
1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
1 cup Pipette Pasta, (cooked)
1 teaspoon Pecorino Romano shredded cheese - garnish
1 teaspoon Asiago shredded cheese - garnish
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 each artichoke heart quartered
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
5 oz grilled shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup Four Cheese Cream Sauce (recipe below)
1 tsp leeks, fried - garnish

Method:

Heat olive oil in pan, add sweet onions, garlic and leeks. Saute 2-4 minutes. Add white wine and cook 1 minute. Now add the shrimp and the rest of the products and cook 2-4 minutes. Place in bowl and garnish with the items listed above.

FOUR CHEESE SAUCE

Ingredients:
1 quart half & half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese - finely grated
1/4 teaspoon Regganto cheese Argentine brand
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 ounce Asiago cheese - shredded
1 ounce garlic, minded
2 ounces Fontina cheese

Method:
In a 4-quart saucepot add olive oil and heat, add garlic, then add milk and bring milk to a simmer. Stir in Roux (no lumps). Add heavy cream and cheese, cook slow, simmer and season.

ROUX:
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup flour

Method:
Melt butter, stir in flour. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stir often.

princessreilly

It's not Chefs de France, but Starbucks chocolate chunk cookies may hold us over

CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup (130 grams) granulated white sugar
2/3 cup (140 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups (210 grams) chocolate chunks (can use chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place one oven rack in the top third of the oven, and one oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Form dough into balls, using 1/4 cup (55 grams) for each cookie. Place six balls of dough on each baking sheet. Gently flatten each ball of dough into a 2 1/2 inch (6.5 cm) round. Bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time. The cookies are done when they are light golden brown in color and just set. They will still seem a little soft but they will firm up as they cool. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 18 large cookies.

EvilQueen-T

new kids cookbook from wdw

i got this off of disney's blog. they've just put out another kids cookbook called delicious disney just for kids.

From “Delicious Disney Just for Kids:”
African Fruit Fool
Boma – Flavors of Africa
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Walt Disney World Resort
Serves 6
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 green apple, peeled and diced
1 small, ripe mango, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup diced fresh papaya
2 cups red seedless grapes
3 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine pineapple, apple, mango, papaya, grapes, bananas, and coconut in a large bowl. Gently stir to combine. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
  2. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and continue to beat just until stiff peaks form. Working in batches, gently fold whipped cream into fruit mixture.
  3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, approximately 30 minutes.

EvilQueen-T

a throwback to 1960s dinner parties

Steak Diane
Lake Buena Vista Club

Serves 4
Burgundy sauce
6 tablespoons Burgundy wine
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon crushed tomatoes
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Steaks
8 teaspoons butter, divided
4 (6-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
3 tablespoons brandy
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
8 sliced mushrooms
Burgundy sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For Burgundy sauce:

1. Stir together Burgundy, onion, shallots, and garlic in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat; simmer until wine evaporates. Add butter and allow it to melt, then stir in flour, cooking and stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
  2. Add beef stock and stir with a whisk until mixture boils and becomes smooth.
  3. Add tomatoes and simmer 20 more minutes, or until mixture thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain and keep warm.
For steaks:

1. Heat 4 teaspoons of butter in a skillet large enough to hold 4 steaks.
  2. Sauté steaks to desired doneness, turning to cook both sides. Add remaining butter, if needed.
  3. Add brandy, remove the pan from the heat to ignite, and then return to the heat. When the flame has burned out, remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
  4. Sauté garlic, onions, and mushrooms in the same skillet; stir in Burgundy sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes; add steaks and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

EvilQueen-T

Sweet Potato Pancakes with Pecan-Honey Butter from The Wave

recipe from Pam Brandon Disney Parks Blogger

Sweet Potato Pancakes with Pecan-Honey Butter
Serves 4 to 6
Pancakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (from about 1 small sweet potato)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pecan-Honey Butter
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
For pancakes:

1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
  2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; whisk until combined.
  3. Combine milk, brown sugar, sweet potato, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
  4. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface. If using an electric skillet, preheat to 350°F.
  5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Cook on first side until tops bubble and sides look dry; flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
  6. Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and place into preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter.
For pecan-honey butter:

1. Stir together butter, honey and pecans in a medium bowl.
  2. Top pancakes with honey-pecan butter and serve immediately.

EvilQueen-T

curried chicken salad tusker house animal kingdom

Curried Chicken Salad
Serves 2
1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 ripe mango, diced
3/4 cup red grapes
Fill a large, shallow pan with water. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken. Simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and refrigerate until cold.
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, lime juice, curry powder, honey, ginger, pepper and remaining half-teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add chilled chicken and stir to combine. Fold in grapes and mango and serve immediately.
Note: If making in advance, combine chicken with sauce and refrigerate. Fold in grapes and mango a half-hour before serving.

EvilQueen-T

Tres Leches Cake Disneyland resort

This can be made a day in advance. It was originally printed in Delicious Disney

Tres Leches Cake
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
Disneyland Resort

1 1/4 cups cake or pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar, divided
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk, divided
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon rum (optional)
4 egg whites

1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease 13 X 9 X 2-inch cake pan.
  2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
  3. Combine oil, 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. Stir in 1/2 cup of milk and gently fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
  4. Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until it feels firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool to room temperature.
  5. Pierce cake with a fork 30 to 40 times. Whisk together remaining 3/4 cup of milk, sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and rum (optional). Slowly pour over cooked cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  6. In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. With mixer running, add 1 cup remaining sugar in a steady stream, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Broil 1 to 2 minutes until meringue is golden brown. (A scant dusting of powdered sugar will help meringue nicely brown and add crunch.)
Cooks’ note: Rancho de Zocalo at Disneyland Park serves a traditional Mexican version of Tres Leches with a whipped cream topping. To make, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat mixture until peaks form. Spread over top of cake.

linrag

Hi
Just registered and had read that I can sign up to receive email when new recipes are added. Thanks for all these wonderful recipes!

tigsmom

Hi
Just registered and had read that I can sign up to receive email when new recipes are added. Thanks for all these wonderful recipes!

I'm Not doing the email anymore as there are so many people. You can be notified my Magic when there is a new posting (by email) just subscribe to this thread.

Welcome & happy cooking!!! :wave:

jsl1962

BOMA Passion Fruit Panna Cotta

Does anyone have the recipe for the Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at BOMA? I requested it from Disney, but they sent a Passion Fruit Tart recipe instead. This was my 9 year-old son's favorite dessert during our recent trip in March. Any help would be appreciated :)

tigsmom

Does anyone have the recipe for the Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at BOMA? I requested it from Disney, but they sent a Passion Fruit Tart recipe instead. This was my 9 year-old son's favorite dessert during our recent trip in March. Any help would be appreciated :)

Looked , but all I found was the tart recipe.

**Index updated through this posting, I did not relist recipes that were repeats.

tigsmom

wandering around and found some new recipes out there on the net...

Fudge Mud Slide
Beaches and Cream, Club Resort

Layer as listed in large bowl:

2 ounces hot fudge
1 chocolate brownie
3 4 ounce scoops of vanilla ice cream
2 ounces more hot fudge
add whipped cream as desired
3 oreo cookies
drizzle chocolate syrup
1 maraschino cherry

Irish Lamb Stew
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients:

3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled
2 Medium Spanish Onions
2 ½ Pounds Lamb Shoulder, 1 inch cubed
2 ½ Teaspoons Kosher Salt
2 ½ Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme, chopped
3 Cups Lamb Stock or Chicken Stock
1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley

Method of Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven 325 degrees.

2. Cut one pound of the peeled potatoes into ¼ -inch slices/circles. Place the potatoes in a large heavy bottom pot with lid or Dutch oven.

3. Peel and cut the onions lengthwise into half moons, place half on top of potatoes.

4. Place the lamb cubes (or chops can be substituted) on top of the potatoes and onions.

5. Add thyme. Season with half of the salt and pepper.

6. Add stock and water.

7. Take remaining onions place on top of lamb.

8. Cut the remaining potatoes in half. Place halves on top, add remaining salt and pepper.

9. On stove top, heat the pot with lid on until a boil appears, remove from heat.

10. Place a sheet tray on the bottom shelf of oven and place covered pot in the oven.

11. Cook without stirring for 2 hours.

12. Serve with parsley over the top.

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Rock Shrimp and a Coconut-Lime Sauce
Coral Reef, Epcot

Coconut-Lime Sauce:
1 pound (about 2 medium) sweet onions, diced, divided
1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound (about 4 large) plum tomatoes, diced
1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 pound rock shrimp, shelled
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Herbed Rice with Hearts of Palm:
1½ cups uncooked jasmine rice
4 hearts of palm, sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Grilled Mahi-Mahi :
4 mahi-mahi fillets, about ½ pound each
Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste

Garnish:
Fresh cilantro leaves

For the Coconut-Lime Sauce:
Puree half of the onions with the coconut milk in a blender, and set aside. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add remaining onions and cook until translucent (do not brown), about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and poblano. Cook until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and coconut milk mixture. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Combine rock shrimp, butter, and lime juice in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until shrimp are just cooked through. Add shrimp mixture to the coconut milk sauce; stir to combine. Add cilantro; keep sauce warm.

For the herbed rice with hearts of palm:
Cook rice per package directions. Combine cooked rice, hearts of palm, chives, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until rice is coated in oil and mixture is combined. Cover bowl loosely with foil to keep warm.

For the grilled mahi-mahi:
Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat. Season mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Grill mahi-mahi for about 3 minutes per side, or until just opaque.

To serve:
Divide rice mixture onto 4 plates. Place a mahi-mahi fillet on top of rice. Divide sauce evenly among each plate and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Serves 4.

Chef's note: If preferred, regular shrimp (peeled and deveined) may be substituted for rock shrimp.

tigsmom

Freedom Pasta
Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom

Ingredients:

8 ounces Fuseli Pasta
1 each Crimini and Button Mushroom
1/4 ounce Fresh Basil
1/4 ounce chopped Garlic
2 ounces diced tomatoes
4 ounces heavy cream
1 ounce vegetable stock
kosher salt
black pepper
2 ounces Parmesan Cheese
Method of Preparation:

1. Cut all vegetables set aside
2. Start boiling water and cook pasta once it comes to a boil.
3. MAKING THE CREAM SAUCE: Heat the heavy cream on medium heat witht he vegetable stock, salt and pepper until little bubbles start to form on the edge of the pot.
4. Add the parmesan cheese.
5. Cook the vegetables in the saute pan. Add noodles and sauce. Cook until hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom