Recipe???

tigsmom

Looking for recipe for "Butter-Poached Shrimp with Barley Risotto" appetizer from Rose and Crown -
EPCOT - World Showcase England.

May 14th 2010, dinner at Rose and Crown, LOVED the appetizer and asked the server for the recipe. She promised to e-mail it to us, but it never came. :)
Have searched many WDW recipe lists but no luck. Does anyone have this recipe?

Butter-Poached Shrimp with Barley Risotto

I had put in a request for this (as well as others) and I got an answer back today (for this recipe only) saying they had put a request in with the chef and would get back to me. :shrug:

Tiktok

Western Omelet

I'm sorry if this has been posted but i can't find it anywhere. I would like the recipe for the Western Omelet they serve at the Pop Century resort. I know it's probably basic and simple but i can never replicate it like they do it. I sit there and watch and still can't do it when I get home, i may be missing something. Has it been posted or can someone post it for me? :brick:

tigsmom

Just wanted to say I have not received any recipes from my requests. If anyone does please post, thanks! :wave:

**Index updated through this post

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
I realize that this might be answered somewhere in the thread, but is Katie's Chicken something or other on page 77 from the WCC the same thing as the Western Chicken Pasta that I would have had in October 08? I swear the recipe used to be here, and now just wonder did the name change? :)

Thank you in advance :)

tigsmom

I realize that this might be answered somewhere in the thread, but is Katie's Chicken something or other on page 77 from the WCC the same thing as the Western Chicken Pasta that I would have had in October 08? I swear the recipe used to be here, and now just wonder did the name change? :)

Thank you in advance :)

It's quite possible that the name did change, but I'm not sure as I have not had either dish. There is a recipe for Chipotle Cream Sauce from the Western Chicken Pasta posted on page 78 though.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2915559&postcount=1163

nibblesandbits

Mussels in Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Belgium

Serves 4

Roasted Garlic Puree
2 large heads garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Puree
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Mussels
4 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup water
4 thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives

For the roasted garlic puree:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Remove excess papery skin from garlic, keeping head intact. Cut top 1/4 off of garlic head, exposing the cloves.
2. Place each head of garlic cut side up on an individual square of aluminum foil. Drizzle each with oil. Wrap in foil, sealing edges.
3. Place pouch in oven, and roast for 45 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
4. Squeeze garlic from skins into a small bowl. Discard skins. Mash garlic with a fork until smooth.

For the roasted garlic cream sauce:

1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice, stirring to combine. Cook until reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
2. Add cream, Roasted Garlic Puree, salt, and pepper, whisking to combine. Simmer (do not boil) until sauce is slightly thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.

For the mussels:

1. Place mussels, wine, and water in a large stockpot over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil.
2. Cook until mussels open, about 4 minutes. Remove and discard any mussels that do not open. Strain cooking liquid from mussels and discard liquid.
3. Place mussels in a large serving bowl, or in individual shallow bowls. Pour Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce over mussels, and garnish with parsley, dill, and chives. Serve immediately.

SHAUN39

Ohana's honey coriander wings

Tried out MissDiznee66 recipe for the Ohana Honey and Coriander chicken wings and all I can say is thank you very much!!! you have made this wing nut very happy,and for once I actually had all the ingrediants for once.If you have tried the wings at Ohana's or as I did in the Tambu Lounge of the Polynesian Resort then try this recipe you will not be sorry.:wave:

tigsmom

Tried out MissDiznee66 recipe for the Ohana Honey and Coriander chicken wings and all I can say is thank you very much!!! you have made this wing nut very happy,and for once I actually had all the ingrediants for once.If you have tried the wings at Ohana's or as I did in the Tambu Lounge of the Polynesian Resort then try this recipe you will not be sorry.:wave:

Trid you recipe for the honey and coriander wings and they were great,many thanks

So glad you enjoyed them! Hope you can find a few more favorites here to bring a bit of Disney magic home. :wave:

EvilQueen-T

50s prime time cafe pot roast dhs

this may have been posted before but my sister in law just happened to send it to me so i thought i'd pass it along...

Ingredients

5 lb. top or bottom round roast
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
7 1/2 c. beef bouillon
1/4 c. olive oil

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350º. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides and remove the meat to a roasting pan.

2. Sauté the cut vegetables until golden brown, and add to the roasting pan. Pour the beef bouillon into the pan to lift off all of the caramelized vegetables and beef. Pour liquid over the roast and cover. Cook 30-45 min. per pound.

3. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minute. Serve with your favorite starch and enjoy.

tigsmom

this may have been posted before but my sister in law just happened to send it to me so i thought i'd pass it along...

Ingredients

5 lb. top or bottom round roast
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
7 1/2 c. beef bouillon
1/4 c. olive oil

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350º. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides and remove the meat to a roasting pan.

2. Sauté the cut vegetables until golden brown, and add to the roasting pan. Pour the beef bouillon into the pan to lift off all of the caramelized vegetables and beef. Pour liquid over the roast and cover. Cook 30-45 min. per pound.

3. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minute. Serve with your favorite starch and enjoy.

Yep, it's posted on page 18, but worth repeating! Very yummy indeed! :slurp:

Vernonpush

CHICKEN MARSALA from Swan/Dolphin

1 Ea. Chicken Breast
Dredging All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Oz. Mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 Cup Marsala
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Tbls. Shallots (finely chopped)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Method:
Pound chicken with a flat meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick. Dredge chicken on both sides in seasoned flour. Sear in hot oil until golden. Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms and shallots, season with salt and pepper. Pour in marsala and reduce. Add stock and simmer. Return chicken to the skillet and heat chicken through. Season with salt and pepper.

Yields: 1 Serving

tigsmom

CHICKEN MARSALA from Swan/Dolphin

1 Ea. Chicken Breast
Dredging All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Oz. Mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 Cup Marsala
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Tbls. Shallots (finely chopped)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Method:
Pound chicken with a flat meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick. Dredge chicken on both sides in seasoned flour. Sear in hot oil until golden. Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms and shallots, season with salt and pepper. Pour in marsala and reduce. Add stock and simmer. Return chicken to the skillet and heat chicken through. Season with salt and pepper.

Yields: 1 Serving

Ya beat me to it! :lol:

Tatania

Banana Bread
Disneyland Hotel

1 cup butter
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 cups flour
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons water
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups ripe bananas (Mashed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Soda — Set Aside.
Mix melted Butter and Sugar until well blended. Add Eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
Add Water. Add Bananas and Vanilla — Mix well. Fold in Flour mixture until well incorporated. Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans. Bake for 1 hour or until center of loaf is firm and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean

Polpettine Toscane
Italy, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2010
1 Cup (1 inch) bread cubes made from day old, crustless bread
¾ cup Milk
1 pound ground veal (or beef, turkey, pork etc.)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of fresh Chopped Parsley
1 clove of Garlic, minced
½ tsp coarse salt (any salt will do)
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper (again, any pepper will do)
1. Soak bread in milk in a small bowl until softened (about 10 min). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine meat, parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Squeeze the milk from the bread until bread is damp but not soaking wet, and add it to the meat mixture. Using your hands, mix thoroughly. Shape into 24 (1 inch) meatballs. Transfer to a baking sheet or mini muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Transfer cooked meatballs to a serving bowl.

Belgian Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2010, Belgium
Serves 4 (makes 8 4×4-inch waffles)

Belgian Waffles
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon dry active yeast
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons beer
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter, melted

Berry Compote
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon red wine
1/2 cup apple, orange, or cranberry juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh raspberries

For Belgian waffles:
Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar and yeast. Create a well in the center of mixture.
Add water, milk, beer, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture is just blended. (Don’t worry if there are lumps; they will dissolve as the batter rests overnight.) Add melted butter, and stir until just incorporated.
Refrigerate batter overnight.
Bring mixture to room temperature. Ladle waffle batter into a Belgian waffle maker; cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve warm with berry compote and whipped cream

For berry compote:
Combine cornstarch and red wine in a small bowl, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
Combine fruit juice, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch mixture, blueberries, and blackberries.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until berries are softened and mixture is thickened. Add strawberries, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, and gently fold in raspberries. Serve warm over Belgian waffles.

Avocado Citrus Salad
The Wave, Disney's Contemporary Resort
4 Cups of your favorite Lettuce Greens
½ cup of frisee, hand torn
1 Cup of Diced Haas Avocado
1 Cup of Orange Segments
1 Cup of Grapefruit Segments
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
¼ cup of Citrus Vinaigrette

1. Mix all Vegetables and Fruit in a bowl
2. Season with Salt and Pepper
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently

Citrus Vinaigrette
2/3 cup Canola oil
1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
¼ teaspoon chopped shallots
¼ teaspoon chopped parsley
¼ teaspoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper

1. Combine vinegar, shallots, chives, lemon juice, orange juice and
parsley and add to a blender or food processor. Blend for 3-4 minutes
until well incorporated.
2. Slowly add in oil while the blender is running
3. Continue to blend, an additional 3-4 minutes, adding salt and
pepper.

Black Bean Chili (Black Bean soup with pork tenderloin)
The Wave, Disney's Contemporary Resort
For the beans
4 cups dried black beans
5 cups water
5 cups chicken stock
2 tea spoon salt

For the chili
1 ea pork skin
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup diced yellow onion
1 table spoon minced garlic
1 tea spoon minced ginger
½ teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
1 gallon ham stock
¾ pound ham hock meat
1 table spoon tomato paste
Pinch ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 teaspoon siracha sauce
2 ½ pounds pork loin

1. To cook beans: combine water, chicken stock and salt in a medium
pot. Add beans and bring to a simmer. Cook until lightly tender but do
not overcook, beans will finish cooking when added to the chili. Drain
off stock and cool completely.
2. To prepare the chili: heat a large pot and brown pork loin. Add
all veggies and sauté until tender. Add pepper, cumin and tomato paste.
Deglaze with half of the stock. Reduce until thickened. It should
resemble a good marinara. Add remaining stock and beans and bring to a
simmer. Add salt and reduce until chili has some body (thickness,
consistency) taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with corn bread muffins.

Corn Bread Muffins
1 cup Corn Meal
2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cup Canola Oil
7 ea Eggs
2 cups Milk
¼ cup canned jalapeño, chopped

Combine all above ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mix
well, until smooth. Place batter into muffins tins and bake at 375
degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Tomato Basil Soup
Disney Cruise Line
Yield: 6 servings

1 stick butter
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
1 leek, washed well, roughly chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup malt vinegar
1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped basil
Garnish: cracked black pepper, sour cream, and croutons

1. Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat until foamy. Add carrots, onion, and celery. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste to sautéed vegetables. Cook until mixture is thick and slightly dry, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle flour over mixture, stirring to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
3. Slowly pour in vegetable stock, whisking until smooth. Add crushed tomatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, whisking to combine. Cover, and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 40 minutes, occasionally whisking and scraping bottom of pot to keep from scalding.
4. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is syrupy and reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
5. Add cream and basil to soup, stirring to combine. Add reserved sugar-vinegar mixture, stirring to combine. Purée soup in the pot using a hand blender; alternatively, puree soup in batches with a regular blender. Pour pureed soup through a fine-mesh sieve into a separate stockpot or serving bowl.
6. Garnish each serving with cracked black pepper, sour cream, and croutons.

Tatania

IMG_1960.jpg

Tuna Sensation (pictured on the left)
Japan, Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2010
Serves 4

2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sake (Japanese rice wine)
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 large, ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 medium lemon
8 ounces fresh ahi

Combine soy sauce, sake, and sesame oil and mix well: set aside. Cut avocado into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a small bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado and toss gently to coat. Cut tuna into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add avocado to tuna, then add soy sauce mixture. Toss very gently to coat, being careful not to smash avocados.

singapore-shrimp.jpg

Shrimp Cakes
Singapore, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2010
Serves 4 - 6

1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 pound raw scallops
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons chives, finely minced
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemongrass
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (such as sambal olek)
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Place shrimp and scallops in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add fish sauce, chives, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and chili-garlic sauce. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
Fill a large sauté pan with deep sides with vegetable oil to a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat oil over medium heat. Form shrimp mixture into 1 1/2 inch wide by 1 inch thick patties. Fry in batches, 4 minutes per side, or until cakes are golden brown and feel firm in the center. Carefully transfer cakes to a plate lined with paper towels.
Cooks Notes: The Singapore booth serve these crisp shrimp cakes with a side of curry noodles.

EvilQueen-T

citricos shrimp appetizer

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just returned from wdw and was wondering if anyone had the recipe for the Sauteed shrimp with Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta that's served as an appetizer at Citricos? I'm sending an email request to them (forgot to when i was there but in my defense we'd just been to la cava del tequilla and um...well lets just say they don't water down their drinks lol).
[/FONT]

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I dont have the recipe, but I can tell you that I have spoken to the manager and they will serve this dish as a entree as well over angel hair pasta if requested. Bon Appetit!!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom