2 tsp Sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 cup White Vinegar
1/3 cup Water

Method

1. Boil Red Potatoes till fork tender.
2. Quarter potatoes.
3. Add rest of ingredients and mix together.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
First off, bumping what may be the best thread I've ever found. I LOVE to cook. Second - I LOVE AFRICAN stew. There is a problem in the recipe that Disney has been disseminating. See below

I tried emailing Disney again for the following recipe and this time I got a promt reply :sohappy:

AFRICAN STEW from Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Yield 16 Servings

Ingredients:

4 cups water
3 Each Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1/3 cup Curry Paste (or it can be dry)
2T Ground Coriander, toasted
2T Granulated Garlic
4 cups Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
3 cups Soy Sauce (this should be something like 3 teaspoons, 3 tablespoons or a 1/3 of a cup. I just use 3 capfuls (the cap on the soy bottle) of soy sauce. 3 cups is WAAAAAAAY too much). How's that for nested parentheses?
2 pounds Beef/Pork/Chicken, large diced
2 cups Mixed Red and Green Peppers diced
2 cups Onions, diced.
1/2 cup Whole Kernel Corn, frozen
1 each Bay Leaf
1/4 T Cayenne Pepper
2T Cornstarch (make slurry)

Method of Preparation

1. In kettle, heat water, chicken bouillon cubes, curry paste, ground coriander, and granulated garlic. Let boil and add in sugar and coconut milk.

2. Add in the soy sauce and the diced meat. Let simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Add vegetables, spices, and cook until tender.

4. Bring to a boil and add cornstarch slurry slowly to the mixture and whisk until thickened.

tigsmom

First off, bumping what may be the best thread I've ever found. I LOVE to cook. Second - I LOVE AFRICAN stew. There is a problem in the recipe that Disney has been disseminating. See below

I went and checked the website the recipe is on, this is the note that was added ...

This is the recipe as it was sent by the chefs at Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, a reader writes: Just wanted to let you know that there seems to be an error in this recipe for the African Stew at Mara. The recipe calls for 3 cups of soy sauce. I thought that sounded like a little much, so I dialed it back to about half of that. Still, when I tasted the stew, it didn't taste anything like the real thing. In fact, it tasted like soy sauce. Nothing but soy sauce. Soy sauce soup. I think maybe the recipe should have been 1/3 cup of soy sauce, instead of 3 cups. The next time I make this recipe, I will try 1/3 cup and see how it turns out.

barnum42

Tigsmom has dropped me a line and I've edited my original post. Thanks for the heads up :wave:

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cottage Pie
Rose & Crown Pub
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] United Kingdom[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Epcot

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground savory
1 cup brown gravy
2 cups mashed potatoes
Additional butter

Method:

1. Heat 1/4 cup butter in a 9-inch skillet. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, stirring.
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Add beef, salt, pepper and savory and continue cooking 5 minutes longer. Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling.

3. Spoon into a buttered 8-cup flat casserole dish. Top meat mixture with mashed potatoes. Dot with pieces of butter.

4. Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
[/FONT]

Pan

Haven't had it yet, but this is what I found...

Bread Pudding
from the Polynesian
Serves 10
4 loaves bread, dry
4 cups half and half or milk
1 ½ cups sugar
1 stick butter or margerine, melted
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons, cinnamon
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 eggs beaten vanilla sauce
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Tear bread into 2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, add half and half sugar, nutmeg sinnamon, vanilla and half the butter. Add eggs and mix well, add bread and allow to sit 5 minutes. Grease a 9x12x2 inch baking pan and add bread mixture. Dot top with remaining butter and bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve with vanilla sauce
We ate at Ohanas on our recent trip, and the dessert was probably the most delicious thing that I have ever eaten at WDW. However, they served it up as Pineaple Bread Pudding topped with I think vanilla ice cream and a bananas fosters sauce. Would it be the same recipe?

tigsmom

We ate at Ohanas on our recent trip, and the dessert was probably the most delicious thing that I have ever eaten at WDW. However, they served it up as Pineaple Bread Pudding topped with I think vanilla ice cream and a bananas fosters sauce. Would it be the same recipe?

No, its not. This recipe could be from the Kona Kafe or an old 'Ohana recipe, it doesn't say. Here is the new one...

'OHANA BREAD PUDDING
Polynesian Resort
Ingredients
5 eggs
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread

1. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.

BANANA FOSTER SAUCE

4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1cup spiced rum
1cup banana slices

1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
2. Add spiced rum and flambe.
3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.

tigsmom

From today's Orlando Sentinel...

Cream of Mushroom Soup
1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian

Yield: 9 (6-ounce) servings.

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 of a medium onion, diced

3 celery ribs, diced

1 garlic clove, minced

4 tablespoons flour

1 tablespoon dry white wine

4 1/2 cups chicken stock

2/3 cup whole milk

1 bay leaf

8 ounces mushrooms, sliced

2/3 heavy cream

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon white pepper

1. Melt butter in 2-quart sauce pot. Add onion, celery, garlic; sweat until translucent, stirring occasionally.

2. Add flour to pan when butter pools from the vegetables. Stir until incorporated. Cook slowly for 5-8 minutes to develop the thickening power of the flour.

3. Whisk in the dry white wine, chicken stock, whole milk and bay leaf to the contents of the pan. Stir until soup simmers and thickens slightly,

4. Add mushrooms to the soup; allow to simmer for 20 minutes to develop soup's flavor. Remove the bay leaf. Finish with heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

Recipe note: If you prefer a smooth cream soup, blend the soup in a blender.​

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's easy to miss recipes when there are so many pages to sort through

Cinderella's Cheese French Toast

Breakfast
Cinderella's Royal Table
Magic Kingdom

3 each eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 each cheese Danish, cut into quarters
Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and set aside. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together and add to egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Bring Shortening to 375°. Dip cheese Danish in egg batter and place dipped bread in fryer until golden brown on one side and turn over to brown the other side. Roll in cinnamon/sugar and serve.

Every time I've read this recipe, I can feel my arteries starting to harden. But its worth it for the overwhelming deliciousness.

tigsmom

Every time I've read this recipe, I can feel my arteries starting to harden. But its worth it for the overwhelming deliciousness.

Everytime I walk past the bakery in BJ's and I see the big trays of cheese danish I am tempted to try it, but I know I would just keep eating and eating.

:lol:

tigsmom

I'm looking for the recipe for the Primetime 50's cafe --Fried Herb Cheese can you help? thanks

Hope this is the one you are looking for :wave:

Fried Boursin Cheese
50's Prime Time Cafe
Disney-MGM Studios
4 oz. water
4 oz. lettuce mix
3 beaten eggs
2 oz. raspberry sauce (Melba sauce)
1/2 lb. flour, seasoned
1 qt. soybean or canola oil
1/2 pound bread crumbs, seasoned
1 French Bread, Sliced, toasted (9")
2 Boursin cheese wheels (5 oz. each)

Cut cheese wheels in half crosswise with a hot dry knife. Dredge cheese in flour then egg/water mixture and then bread crumbs. Repeat in egg then bread crumbs. Set aside in refrigerator. Fill a cast iron skillet with oil 1/4" high. Heat oil to 350° and fry cheese until golden brown then flip over and fry the other side. Remove from oil and place on paper towel. Place salad mix on center of plate and arrange bread slices around cheese,top with sauce.

DonmoyerFamily

hi Tigsmom....

i tried the Dining phone # like you suggested but the lad who answered my call said they didn't have the information for recipes...thank you for the help though......

tigsmom

hi Tigsmom....

i tried the Dining phone # like you suggested but the lad who answered my call said they didn't have the information for recipes...thank you for the help though......

Maybe calling the restaurant directly would help. :shrug:

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I'll keep looking. I'm going to be there next month so I'll see what I can find.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Cheddar Breakfast Potatoes

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Crystal Palace -- Magic Kingdom[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Yield: 6 to 8 servings[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]4 cups shredded Idaho potatoes [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]1 cup sour cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]2 cups shredded cheddar cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]2 teaspoons salt[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]1. Place shredded potatoes in mixing bowl.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]2. Add sour cream, heavy cream, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and the salt and pepper. Mix gently until evenly mixed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]3. Place in greased casserole pan or baking dish and bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]4. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and return to over for additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.[/FONT]

This is a fantastic recipe and easy (mostly because of the high amount of fat). However, note that some of the fat (in the form of heavy cream) is left off of the ingredients list. It should be one cup (guessing at the amount, but I cook a lot and I can't imagine it's much more or less than a cup. I rarely actually measure anyway) of heavy cream. Because of this I made a fortuitous discovery. I made this casserole as a side dish tonight and had not picked up the cream at the grocery store. Thus, I substituted regular milk and it was still pretty good. You could even claim it was the "lower" fat version (I wouldn't go as far as to say low fat). Also, I think after step 4, it may be OK to crumble bacon on the top. I did and I think Crystal Palace does as well (but I may be mistaken, I'm a little unsure on this point). Besides, the bacon adds some important extra calories the recipe may be missing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom