Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom

TheOneVader

Original Poster
I just saw a commercial for it. 8PM on CNBC this monday, Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom.. Not sure what it's about, but thought you'd want to know.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I caught that on a Wishlist on my TiVo the other day. Here is the limited description in the TiVo programming guide

"Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom"____Shareholders sue the Disney board of directors over a gratuitous severance package. it shows being on at both 8PM and 10PM on 1/24

MKCP 1985

Sounds like a reference to the Michael Ovitz deal. Shareholders are suing for return of millions of company dollars paid to Ovitz, authorized by Eisner, to get Ovitz to leave the company. The trial proceedings have been reported in the financial papers and discussed here in the Walt Disney Company section. A lot of gossip . . . I don't know if the trial is still going or how it came out. (??)

Pioneer Hall

I figured we would see something good...tourists vs locals in a battle to the end (or something along those lines).

This is a pretty important thing though and I am sure it will cost the company plenty (like a lot of other things they do).

BeachClubVillas

DisneyInsider said:
I figured we would see something good...tourists vs locals in a battle to the end (or something along those lines).

QUOTE]

That's what I thought we were going to see too. I mean, the shareholders problem is important, but the title "Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom" makes it sound like the characters are storming the castle or something. At least that's what my mixed up mind thought!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
If you want to see a rebellion in the Magic Kingdom, go play "World of Warcraft" on a PvP server and wait for a raid on the city of Stormwind. Blizzard (company that makes the game) set up the city (human capital city) to look like the MK in the way it is laid out.

MKCP 1985

According to today's Wall Street Journal, the evidence portion of the shareholder suit ended yesterday. To recap, the plaintiffs (shareholders) are seeking return of $140 million dollars paid in a severance package. Apparently, this is a non-jury trial, so now both sides will prepare post-hearing briefs and the judge will rule when he or she has had the opportunity to read over all the briefs and consider all the testimony. Guesstimation, a ruling could come by late summer or fall of this year.

cocoabeach

They are knocking on the wrong door for the money IMO. Ovitz was overpaid for the brief period he spent there, there isn't any question, but it was all approved by the board. Why aren't people banging their doors down instead? The board needs to stop approving 200+ million dollar contracts. That makes me sick.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You're preaching to the choir with that one cocoabeach! That's one of the things that happens when the CEO also heads the Board, and even without him the Board is a spineless rubber stamp. For proper functioning, a board has to be an independent entity to the company, making independant decisions. Not with this crew unfortunately. :(

By the way, welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy yourself, there are a lot of nice folks around and we do cover most topics, good, bad, ugly and irrelevent. :D

General Grizz

Pixie Duster said:
Well the Disney "D" flag on the train station was upside down today, maybe there really is Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom, :lol: :p
We actually tried to get a "D-Army" flag up there this morning, but it didn't turn out quite right. :lookaroun :D

(KIDDING, of course!)

cm1988

BeachClubVillas said:
DisneyInsider said:

QUOTE]

That's what I thought we were going to see too. I mean, the shareholders problem is important, but the title "Rebellion in the Magic Kingdom" makes it sound like the characters are storming the castle or something. At least that's what my mixed up mind thought!
Well, if the title got you to tune in and watch a few commercials, the news people accomplished their objective! Not that their jobs have much to due with actually finding and communicating useful information. :p

DarkMeasures

DisneyInsider said:

This is a pretty important thing though and I am sure it will cost the company plenty (like a lot of other things they do).

I don't know, but I really do like Metaphores.

KevinPage

Interesting show.

But does every story about Disney HAVE to have bad puns using Disney rides/attractions. I can't remember an exact quote, but there were quite a few.

I also liked the fact that they acknowledged that SAVEDISNEY.COM was successful in enacting change and the company will be better in the long term for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom