Really, REALLY bad decisions...

Now Is The Time

Original Poster
Ok so I'm gonna throw this out there. What do you think are some of the worst decisions Disney has made when it comes to the whole resort? I'm not talking about the refurbing of a ride per se.. I'm talking about the REALLY dumb ideas and absolutely terrible decisions. Here are some that come to mind...

-the current DVC atrocity they're building next to the Contemporary
-moving the Micky Mouse Revue to Hong Kong in '84
-moving the MSEP to wherever it is now
-the wand
-the "Leave A Legacy" graveyard in front of SSE
-demolishing Horizons
-changing World Of Motion into Test Track
-demolishing Mr. Toad
-changing The Land into a grab 'n go Quick Trip

shoppingnut

Eliminating the large majority special ride and park merchandise, and making it all generic everywhere.

Not making enough Princess merchandise for adults.

camithepirate

offly negitive topic isnt it eh?

But i dont like how they want pixar movies to take over DHS. like the new toy story ride, or the rumored Ratatouille coaster. i mean, yes, DW & DL were orginally created to promote disneys movies and shows, but i tihnk thats kinda pushing it too far:brick:

Chezman1399

Eliminating Mr. Toad's in Disney World is up there for me. As I like the new parade more than the Main St. Electrical Parade, and never really minded the wand, although it was goofy and not like the dog.

I think Mr. Toad and the fact that there is still nothing worthwhile over where 20K used to be.

Getting rid of Dreamfinder definately.

Opening the Animal Kingdom in Pieces.

Thessair

offly negitive topic isnt it eh?

But i dont like how they want pixar movies to take over DHS. like the new toy story ride, or the rumored Ratatouille coaster. i mean, yes, DW & DL were orginally created to promote disneys movies and shows, but i tihnk thats kinda pushing it too far:brick:

I don't see the difference, really. And if the rumors are to be believed, the Pixar area will only be one segment of the overall park. Personally I don't have a problem with it.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't have a problem with the changes to the Land either, though I do miss Horizons, WoM, and the glory days of the Sunshine Terrace (and of course the Orange Bird).

I definitely agree with the loss of unique merchandise throughout the parks and I'm disappointed with the disappearance of quality merch for MNSSHP when compared with some of the stuff that used to be available and the variety that can be found at MVMCP and the Halloween events at DLR/DCA and TDL.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the All Stars were a mistake. Pop i can deal with, but the All Stars jsut seem cheap in many ways. They could have been done better.

Not implementing a better mass transit system and not planning for it. Instead we get buses and excuses as to why monorail wont work - gee.. maybe if you had planned for them?

Demo/Rebuild versus New Growth, there's no good reason to tear down many things, they've got tons of space.

Lost_in_hollywo

Sadly im too young to have seen Horizons, but i have watched a vid of it on you tube and that make me want to ride it, so thats one.

Puttting in the Alien Encounter "extraTERRORestrail" thing was a waste of good time and money.

.....then changing it to a stitch ride :S

i would have to agree with the sword and the stone thing, as i remeber DLP having it when i was little and it was still called Euro Disney [infact i was there on its opening weekend!] and its just the small things like that, that make a trip to disney more special.

The Hat at MGM/HS

THE GODDAM PRICE FOR A GOOD SEAT AT CIRQUE in downtown Dis 0.o!!

Eyorefan

Not implementing a better mass transit system and not planning for it. Instead we get buses and excuses as to why monorail wont work - gee.. maybe if you had planned for them?

I totally agree with this one. Getting on a city bus is not magical.

I also agree that taking away to classic rides, MTWR and 20,000 to put in a playground and subpare cheap ride was just wrong.

goofyfan13

10. Getting rid of the annual pass holder lounges a couple years before I got one
9. Dino-Rama
8.Turning Tusker House into a character buffet(That was my favorite counter service restaurant).
7. Not doing anything with Roger Rabbit at MGM
6. Not doing more with the Muppets
5. Removing the Dreamfinder
4. Letting WOL get to the point that it's at
3. Not doing anything to save Timekeeper
2. Not taking down the wand after the Millennium Celebration.

and finally...

#1. Removing AE

ROEFan88

The worst decision ever made at Walt Disney World? (in my opinion)

Four words:

Journey Into Your Imagination

I think just about anybody within the company (answering truthfully) would admit that to replace an original classic EPCOT Center attraction with a cheap tie-in to HISTA was a real howler! And the company certainly paid for it with the whole fan backlash, and spending money to 'correct' it within a year or so...

And probably the only real good thing about the second refurb was the addition of 'With Figment' to the title!

ROEFan88

Another one, having seen the Muppet Mobile Labs video...

- Shipping Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker off to China...:brick:

Just move them to MGM (or DHS rather) where they belong. Other than that they look AWESOME!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom